• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it works in a similar fashion to the mini-game. There is no way for most if not all bots to detect the location of the orbs. I highly doubt it would be practical to bot it. But yes you could hunt with a higher level and collect the orbs and level up, with that said you would only be gaining 50% experience since you wouldn't get the experience from the original kill.

who needs the original kill's exp when you can in theory get as much exp/hr as that person was before this update without being even in the same ballpark as far as strength? ;D

do you have to stand on the orb for any length of time or can it just be randomly stepped on and gotten?

EDIT: I'm not trying to kill your idea, I honestly really do love it. I just want to make sure you have covered your bases before someone decides to just set up a bot to take advantage of this. :)

Would it be possible to do this with items as well? Like when you kill a monster instead of turning into a body it turns into a bag with the items it would of drop and the bag goes on a random tile. I'm really excited with this orb system, if there was a similar item system so that people can't farm tombs and such I would be really happy.

I think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself but to answer your question... the server has a built in auto loot system so this isn't necessary. Just type !looting while in game to use it, no bot necessary.

who needs the original kill's exp when you can in theory get as much exp/hr as that person was before this update without being even in the same ballpark as far as strength? ;D

do you have to stand on the orb for any length of time or can it just be randomly stepped on and gotten?
STOP. And there is a very short delay when stepping on the orb.

Doesn't matter. I can make a code in 1 minute with Xenobot to pickup, step over or push the orbs if they appear on screen. Though I don't play OTs nowadays so I don't know if there's a 8.6 version for xenobot.

I would also like to abuse this. Got any tips?

- Get level 500.
- Go kill a warlock.
- Get level 1.
- Collect orbs.
- Get from level 1 - 200 in minutes.

EDIT:

but to be honest, you could just team hunt with a level 1..... this idea aint so bad :>

Doesn't matter. I can make a code in 1 minute with Xenobot to pickup, step over or push the orbs if they appear on screen. Though I don't play OTs nowadays so I don't know if there's a 8.6 version for xenobot.

There isn't it stops at 8.7

- - - Updated - - -

Alright I'm done talking about this. When do we get going!??!?!

Ohh yeah I forgot lol.

It was still a cool idea :p actually being a huge diablo fan myself I did consider making loot explode all over the ground instead of in a corpse because that's totally awesome. I did run into a few problems such as after a long period of time the ground would become littered beyond belief. An automatic clean system isn't possible due to hardcore players losing their items on death even though it is disabled currently, it may not be in the future.

Edit:
If you do not play OTs and you have never logged into this server nor seen this system in action why would you come into this thread and talk out of your ass? Further more I am pretty sure xeno bot did not exist in 8.6, it wasn't until after neobot shut down that I even heard of it so unless he came back and added in support for 8.6 (which I doubt) nothing you said is even relevant. Go flaunt your ego and advertise your script kiddie service elsewhere. Thank you :)

Last edited:
Yeah, i've actually seen a server where when you killing stuff the items got scattered around and it was pretty cool haha. Also could you give me some help with how a manual player can level up spells without botting?

Yeah, i've actually seen a server where when you killing stuff the items got scattered around and it was pretty cool haha. Also could you give me some help with how a manual player can level up spells without botting?

The best way is to just hunt and let them level as you go, but if you absolutely have the urge to train them I did find a cool spot in necros that allowed me to train on the summons fairly easy.

Hope not. I get my new laptop tomorrow and I dont want people to get way past me :|

So while the server is down I've decided to share a bit of what I have been working on today. But first things first...

What we know:
  1. Botting is an issue. Even with systems in place to make botting more difficult people will still find ways to do it. This will never change its just part of the server being 8.6.
  2. Due to the damage being lowered, players are obtaining much less experience per hour then before. While this is not necessarily a bad thing, the PvE content of the server was balanced around the old experience rate.
  3. Manual players need a benefit.

What I was going to do was increase the experience rate of the server to compensate for the loss of damage. While this is the most logical solution I decided to hold back and wait to see what happened. I am glad I did because I came up with a pretty cool solution that I think many of you will enjoy very much.

The Solution:
Monsters will drop orbs of experience when killed which players may step on to collect bonus experience. These orbs will contain the same amount of experience granted by the kill of the monster and will last for 30 seconds before disappearing. The orbs will be spawned in a random location near the monster killed and will only be visible to the player its for. You may not steal other players experience orbs. The intention of this feature is to provide more experience for killing monsters while also benefiting manual players more than bots. Logic dictates that this will effectively DOUBLE the current experience rate assuming a player never fails to collect any of the experience orbs. However, an orbs experience will not diminish when more than 1 player is attacking a monster which can potentially increase your experience per hour much more when hunting in larger parties.

Here is a screen shot of it in action!
Ht0M2Fd.jpg

I bolded out the gay parts of this system.

Though it is just a 100% preference problem with me, as I know most people like to play the most babified version of a game possible, least their diapers get all bundled up when another player interacts with them in an OPEN WORLD game. God forbid..

But, overall, it is a nice idea, and I'm glad to see you found something you liked from Marvel Heroes that can be added to Tibia in a nice manner.

- - - Updated - - -

don't like the orb idea, what if for example, people were hunting tough mobs in desert.... and they can't block more than 1, but they needed to collect the orb....
that means they'd be forced to leave the orb (fearing they'd die ofcourse), EVEN THOUGH they were manually playing

The orbs are bonus' not apart of the exp gain.

I think it is a horrible idea for them to drop from -every- kill, it should be random (sudo-random.. true random is never good..), as to give the effect of it is something special that happen, and it is a BONUS, and not apart of the net exp from the monster.

This would help with making hunting exciting, as something different would happen from time to time, which is always a good thing...

Also, before people get ahead of themselves, bosses will not give exp orbs.. even though it would be impossible for you to collect them, they won't drop them either way..

Last edited:
I think it is a horrible idea for them to drop from -every- kill, it should be random (sudo-random.. true random is never good..), as to give the effect of it is something special that happen, and it is a BONUS, and not apart of the net exp from the monster.

I agree that they shouldn't drop from every monster :eek:

I agree that they shouldn't drop from every monster :eek:
I definitely third this idea. I would get excited if it were a random thing, it would make me want to chase them all that more badly.

I don't think think it should be random I still think it should be every single time that way playing manually actually has a decent benefit. The only way I can see it being random is if the bonus exp gain is a large amount then usual. Otherwise getting a little more exp here and there won't help much. So the way I see it is it should either always drop it but be a lower amount, or have a random chance of dropping but have a high amount of exp. I do agree though that when it is random and it drops most people will get excited and would chase it.

@edit I feel like the people who don't want it to drop every time are probably the botters who want playing manually to be worse than botting, otherwise give me a valid reason for it not droping every time.

Last edited:
@up
I dont want to have to chase after a little ball of exp every time I'm out hunting, it's just going to turn into a bother...
Clearly you've been traumatized by bot players (lol) perhaps you should find a server that is 8.7+

Honestly it'd look stupid everything you kill drops an orb. How does having exp orbs drop random become a conspiracy from botters to keep manual preferred players down? If the manual player goes for an orb it is still a bonus from the exp they received.

I think it should be random but the amount of exp orbs dropped from a creature should also be random like 1-3. Like a real reward.. you would be excited if exp dropped like you would be if a good piece of gear dropped.

Okay yeah i'll agree with you guys, it would look stupid and would get annoying after a while, but then I'd really like the orb to contain more exp than it usually would to compensate not dropping each time and no I'm not traumatized by bot players it's just that I really like it when playing manually has more of a benefit then botting and the system Xagul came up with really helps with that and not droping orbs each time demoralizes that point so that's why I might have sounded a bit upset. And yes it still is a bonus if the manual player goes for it but since it wouldn't be each drop it would be less of a benefit than it dropping each time and honestly if it bothers you so much then just don't go for it.

Meh hasn't even been implemented yet and tested. No point in talking about this any further. Server been down over 24 hours I'm going to start getting pissy soon. pce.

lol i feel all you guys legitly waiting together :p im part of it but it looks funny seeing all online down the lists of these conversations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back