• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[SWEDEN] Therran BETA 2 Custom Client - OPENING SOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty nice so far :=)

main issue I guess is the skill points, getting such high skills early is imba and makes all mobs ezpz especially for mages

main issue I guess is the skill points, getting such high skills early is imba and makes all mobs ezpz especially for mages
There will be balance issues with the skill system. I have a suggestion for my team once they wake up. :)

I highly agree with this, seeing level 30s with nearly 100 in skills and ml 80-90 takes a lot of the challenge out.

A good suggestion seeing how people initially start with 15 skill points is to prevent skill cap from exceeding 15 above your current experience level.

If I am level 35 the highest skill available will be 50
Level 100 can have 115 ect.

But something I don't have a solution for us when people hit level 200, will skills be 215 dist?

Tibia has excelled mostly because of having no skill or level cap and it keeps people pushing for years. If it is limited here, it will drive a lot of the people away who love that about this game.

People need to hit walls in skill progression or people would out balance the game. But at the same time it's discouraging when somebody hits a skill knowing it will never go up again.

Maybe level rewarding skill points could solve this and keep a balance for end game as well.
A level 250 with 80 dist doesn't do much good but a level 250 with 180 dist is over powered in comparison to available spells and equipment.
(Sorry I am writing so much)

If there are level caps it will also make people close to the same (which isn't bad but I thought the purpose of this skill system was to differentiate gameplay and be more versatile) but with no level caps people can break the balance and it would be impossible for vocations to be equal with so many points available.

I would mess around with the idea of getting points at certain levels instead of every level, and if you keep getting points every level to get less then 3, maybe 1 per level and every 10th level you get 5 instead of 1. Or every 5th level get 3

This system will be hard to keep to where people are not too strong too early, there has to be more restrictions but no capacity in the long run.
no matter what I think about now I still see trouble after level 150 or so when skills are reaching 120, they really shouldn't go too much higher.
Maybe what you really need to do is set it to where people can raise more stats then we have now.
Take away up and mana buffs from skills and have those as separate skills to raise so people can choose their sustain as well as power. You can be a level 50 Mage with 200 max hp and 2000 mana ml 95 or a level 50 Druid with 2000 health 200 mana and ml 95 lol
I ramble too much.

Yeah, could you explain us how the Skill System works in details?

Is the damage formula exactly like Tibia or is there anything differente?

Because, as many stated, it's pretty wrong to have ML 100 at lvl 40ish. Sounds WAY broken.

6l3g5CH.jpg

I had a great idea about the skill system that might work well. We should have different tiers of skills so people can balance how they feel worthwhile it would be.
I will use a paladin for this example.
Distance between skills 10-75 require 1 skill point per level
Distance between skills 75-100 require 2 skill points per level
Distance between skills 101-125 require 3 skill points per level
Distance between skills 126-135 require 4 skill points per level
Distance above 136 require 5 skill points per level
Magic 1-13 require 1 point
Magic 15-20 require 2 points
Magic 21-25 require 3 points
Magic 26-30 require 4 points
31+ require 5 points

Each vocation has their own rate of how many points per skill and what skill, the less valuable skills of that vocation go up at a above average pace so there is still room to improvise a custom feel of a vocation such as a paladin having...
10-40 melee 1 point
41-65 2 points
66-90 3 points
91- 110 4 points
But they raise at a skill less valuable then knights however still worth focusing on if that is your goal. You could make a real definition of a paladin this way , a holy healing knight.
Knights would be closer to this algorithm
1-60 melee 1 point
61-95 2 points
96-115 3 points
116-125 4 points
126+ 5 points

Yeah, could you explain us how the Skill System works in details?

Is the damage formula exactly like Tibia or is there anything differente?

Because, as many stated, it's pretty wrong to have ML 100 at lvl 40ish. Sounds WAY broken.

The formula is like the real tibia skill system. At least from what Mackan told me yesterday. 30 strength = 30 sword/axe/club. The same goes for magic, 30 magic = ml 30.

To be honest the system doesn't feel entirely thought-through by the team that created this server. Its bound to be incredibly unbalanced sooner or later.

The server itself feels quite nice. Such as the mapping, quests, the weather system (even if it did make me drop in FPS sometimes, even though I have a quite decent computer).

However as stated earlier the skill system needs to be revamped some I believe to create some more balance. I think making Strength, Defense and Magic skills that u advance in as in real tibia could solve that. Keep agility and whatever more there was as side skills that u can choose to advance in at certain levels or every level.

Anyhow, aint got time to write a novel so I'll keep it here.

Good luck and my best wishes to the team with the server.

The formula is like the real tibia skill system. At least from what Mackan told me yesterday. 30 strength = 30 sword/axe/club. The same goes for magic, 30 magic = ml 30.
However as stated earlier the skill system needs to be revamped some I believe to create some more balance. I think making Strength, Defense and Magic skills that u advance in as in real tibia could solve that. Keep agility and whatever more there was as side skills that u can choose to advance in at certain levels or every level.

The formulas are currently the same, yes. The skill system has never been tested. That's why we need a BETA, now we know what needs to change in the skill system. Just as an example on how much difference the skill system made to the server is that the last time the BETA was online we had mostly knights and paladins, nobody wanted to play sorcerer or druid. Think of it as a scale, on first BETA the scale tilted to one side. Now it's tilted to the opposite side because it became over-balanced (too much extra weight on the other side). Now we just have to modify the weights to balance it back so both sides weigh the same.

A first step towards this was made yesterday, we limited the skill advance so you can't gain more magic levels before a certain level on druid and sorcerer. This was only a first step. We will balance it out further and probably also add such limits to all skills and vocations. We also have an idea about changing the cap/hp/mana you gain on level up.

We won't make people train Strength, Defense and Magic. The whole idea with the skill system is that you should be able to only level one skill, but then you should "suck" on the rest of the skills. Like a mage with only magic level would die easily since they wouldn't have much hitpoints and shielding for example.

TL;DR

Changes have been made, more changes will come. We will find a balance before the end of the BETA.

Edit:
Today we will be working on remaking the skill system a bit. We will then restart and reset skill points. This means that all your current skills will be set back to basic stats. You will GET ALL SKILL POINTS back for your level when it's done.
So until then, you can play as normally. You will keep level and items after the restart.

Last edited:
I am still having complications downloading this server for some reason. Every time I download it, says corrupt when I am unpacking from zip or trying to start it.
The latest link you gave me, prompts me of missing dll files that I can find nowhere. It told me that I needed glew32.dll , I found it online and attached it. Then it told me I need physfs.dll and I can not find it anywhere online.
Any reason why I would be having issues like this when I am supposedly downloading all components from the same source? Why is it saying files are missing?

I am still having complications downloading this server for some reason. Every time I download it, says corrupt when I am unpacking from zip or trying to start it.
The latest link you gave me, prompts me of missing dll files that I can find nowhere. It told me that I needed glew32.dll , I found it online and attached it. Then it told me I need physfs.dll and I can not find it anywhere online.
Any reason why I would be having issues like this when I am supposedly downloading all components from the same source? Why is it saying files are missing?
do You have the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013? if no http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784 download and install

For what i see, this looks really awesome, the sounds on the game make a big gameplay difference, feels amazing playing Tibia with sounds :D
Great work guys!

Having skill points to customize your character and on top of that vocations is a little strange. The way I choose my skills is super cookie cutter, I'm a paladin so I put everything in distance fighting until you no longer allow me.

It would be interesting to have skill points that changes other properties of your character that is completely unrelated to the common skills (e.g. more health regeneration, movement speed, lower cooldowns, more damage on a particular elemental spell, increased hit chance for paladins, double strike for knights).

Having skill points to customize your character and on top of that vocations is a little strange. The way I choose my skills is super cookie cutter, I'm a paladin so I put everything in distance fighting until you no longer allow me.

It would be interesting to have skill points that changes other properties of your character that is completely unrelated to the common skills (e.g. more health regeneration, movement speed, lower cooldowns, more damage on a particular elemental spell, increased hit chance for paladins, double strike for knights).

same thing me and my friend came up with

Having a skilltree that does not unlock spells is pointless.
Having classes and also skill trees makes the skilltree pointless.
Unless you have no voc and can level up a tanky mage or a spell casting paladin hyrbid, there is not use for this.
Vocations could be used as other reasons such as insted of having the 4 classic ones, you have 4 races and they all got different abilities.
Lets say you have 4 super generic races like orc, elf, human and troll.
And if you get Magic level 50 on a human, you get like "blazing inferno", aoe like UE or some crap.
While if you hit Magic level 50 on an orc you get "Hurricane" that damages in an area and paralyzes all opponents in that area untill they leave it.
This is how you would use "vocations" in a skilltree, but you ALWAYS have to give players a meaning to spec differently than just spam magic as they play sorc/druid.

I like this idea.

edit: swimming is fun!
PBZyV6.png

Last edited:
offline?

really really fun server!! obviously there are issues but thats what a beta is for :)

We've remade it so you now have to skill different skills to get hp, mana, cap etc.
As it is now, your skill points will reset to how many you have for your level.

You will no longer gain cap/mana/hp on level with the exception of vocation based differences.
Sorcerers and druids gain +1 hp and +5 mana for each level
Paladins gain +3 hp and +3 mana for each level
Knights gain +5 hp and +1 mana for each level

Also, you will have to respecc all your skill points again.
This also means that the number of points is different from before.
Now you get 1 point/level + 4 extra points for every 10 levels (starting with lvl 10).

We hope this will bring better balance to the vocations and usage of the skills.
Now you can't just go full magic on a mage without consequences to your other attributes.

There are still a few more changes that we have planned that have to wait a while before being implemented.

Regards,
8Ware Team

Last edited:
I think you didn`t get it.

It is still unbalanced. Now it`s not about vocations but about levels.

Lower levels, 30ish, will have 39 of it`s primary skill. Its way too low for paladins (myself) and knights.

Status
Not open for further replies.