• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[SWEDEN] Therran BETA 2 Custom Client - OPENING SOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your post makes no sense to me, since you're complaining about something a server you claim to be 'really not that interested' in. Why would you even care if they require some kind of e-mail from you, why would you tell them what to do or not to do when you barely have any interest in the server at all?

Honestly, your reasoning makes no sense, the server is trying to help you out by making sure you can recover your account in the event of it getting hacked, with ANY mail you want and you still complain. Yet when you were to get hacked after spending hours and hours of playing on a server you would be interested in (whether that be this one or any other server) and required help in getting it back, you'd ask for that as well.

By doing it this way, the staff ensures that everyone has a way of retrieving their account by themselves, instead of having to handle complaints of people that got hacked manually. Besides the account creation taking a little bit longer, there's no real downside to this system.

At least you're using some arguments now.

So, first of all, I found out about this server about 20 minutes ago and it caught my attention so I wanted to give it a try. I wasn't tracking the development or anything so my attitude was like "maybe I'll like it, maybe not, let's check it". That's what I mean by "not being interested". You're saying that I'm posting negative stuff here, I don't think so. After using the site I just shared my feedback about it, it's nothing bad if you ask me.

Now, about the "ensuring everyone has a way of retrieving their account". It's not really true. People who don't want to provide real address will just create an temp account, which in many cases is even less secure than no email at all. If someone gets hacked or forgets his password he'll learn to provide his email address next time, and if you're confident about keeping your credentials secure then that also should be an option.

Lastly, let me ask you one question, do you think it's better to make someone quit the server even before logging in because he wasn't really that interested in it instead of making it easy for him to experience the cool things about it, which would make him stay for longer? Look around the web or mobile apps and you'll see that more and more developers introduce ways of testing their software even before making an account because that's how you get new users, it's the same with open servers.

EDIT:
@mich3208 I'm not going to post another reply as I've already stated everything I wanted to.

I didn't elaborate in my first post as I thought it wasn't needed, enforcing a security standards on end users is a pretty common topic. Now I see that it was needed after all, as you still seem to miss the point but it really turns out to be a waste of time. The temporary email can be dangerous because depending on service you choose there may be an option to manually enter the address you want to use, so if the retrieving process includes an information about the address which was used to make the account it can be easily accessed. Also, I wasn't talking about letting people play without an account (however it wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion if introduced correctly).

Last edited:
Its great, But did you steal those sounds from world of warcraft lol?
Most of the sounds coming from a free to download pack from the Internet . I have no idea where they come from but I will I replace many of them while the server is running :)

At least you're using some arguments now.

So, first of all, I found out about this server about 20 minutes ago and it caught my attention so I wanted to give it a try. I wasn't tracking the development or anything so my attitude was like "maybe I'll like it, maybe not, let's check it". That's what I mean by "not being interested". You're saying that I'm posting negative stuff here, I don't think so. After using the site I just shared my feedback about it, it's nothing bad if you ask me.

Now, about the "ensuring everyone has a way of retrieving their account". It's not really true. People who don't want to provide real address will just create an temp account, which in many cases is even less secure than no email at all. If someone gets hacked or forgets his password he'll learn to provide his email address next time, and if you're confident about keeping your credentials secure then that also should be an option.

Lastly, let me ask you one question, do you think it's better to make someone quit the server even before logging in because he wasn't really that interested in it instead of making it easy for him to experience the cool things about it, which would make him stay for longer? Look around the web or mobile apps and you'll see that more and more developers introduce ways of testing their software even before making an account because that's how you get new users, it's the same with open servers.

You didn't provide real feedback in your first post, pretty much all you said was 'Don't make me fill in an e-mail in order to create an account, I don't like that. Now I won't play.'. Meanwhile the server has over 40 unique BETA players, which is quite a big amount for the BETA of a custom OT, so obviously the targeted audience for this server doesn't mind providing an e-mail.

A temp. e-mail account would not be less secure than no e-mail at all, I don't even know how you came up with that. Honestly, at the very least it has the same security, yet now you have the option to retrieve your account if in any way you get hacked. If you're confident about keeping your credentials secure, how hard can it be to keep the credentials of that e-mail account secure as well? The point of this system is to never have it happen that someone has to LEARN to provide an e-mail in order to be able to retrieve their account when they forget their password or get hacked, it's there for the benefit of the players. When someone gets hacked and can't retrieve his password, they'll quit 95% of the time. If you however have the possibility of retrieving the account, the chance of quitting is significantly lower.

As for your last question, they are not making it hard for you to experience the cool things. All you have to do is spend a few minutes creating an account, which you can get rid of just as easy. ANY open tibia server requires you to create an account in order to test their stuff, and by reading the site and exploring in game you'll figure out the possibilities and features the server offers.

You didn't provide real feedback in your first post, pretty much all you said was 'Don't make me fill in an e-mail in order to create an account, I don't like that. Now I won't play.'. Meanwhile the server has over 40 unique BETA players, which is quite a big amount for the BETA of a custom OT, so obviously the targeted audience for this server doesn't mind providing an e-mail.

A temp. e-mail account would not be less secure than no e-mail at all, I don't even know how you came up with that. Honestly, at the very least it has the same security, yet now you have the option to retrieve your account if in any way you get hacked. If you're confident about keeping your credentials secure, how hard can it be to keep the credentials of that e-mail account secure as well? The point of this system is to never have it happen that someone has to LEARN to provide an e-mail in order to be able to retrieve their account when they forget their password or get hacked, it's there for the benefit of the players. When someone gets hacked and can't retrieve his password, they'll quit 95% of the time. If you however have the possibility of retrieving the account, the chance of quitting is significantly lower.

As for your last question, they are not making it hard for you to experience the cool things. All you have to do is spend a few minutes creating an account, which you can get rid of just as easy. ANY open tibia server requires you to create an account in order to test their stuff, and by reading the site and exploring in game you'll figure out the possibilities and features the server offers.

you on beta?

edit:Huchuk does not exist. wut???????????

20:12 Larvae are crawling up from the caverns of Darudon.

Typo?

off-topic, I came to take my friemds revenge from Teige!
d0VOXQ.png

you on beta?

edit:Huchuk does not exist. wut???????????

Kept getting errors when trying to open the client after reinstalling windows on my pc, so gave up for a while haha. Ima figure that shit out later

Code:
== application crashed
app name: Therran Beta
app version: 0.0.4 Beta
build compiler: msvc12
build date: Nov 17 2015
build type: RelWithDebInfo
build revision: 0 (Green Bananas)
crash date: Nov 17 2015 14:48:01
exception: Access violation (0xc0000005)
exception address: 0x0053333f
  backtrace:
  0: C:\Program Files\Therran Beta\Therran Beta.exe [0x000000000053333F]
  1: C:\Program Files\Therran Beta\Therran Beta.exe [0x0000000000528F62]
  2: C:\Program Files\Therran Beta\Therran Beta.exe [0x0000000000528795]
  3: C:\Program Files\Therran Beta\Therran Beta.exe [0x000000000062A67B]
  4: C:\Program Files\Therran Beta\Therran Beta.exe [0x00000000006308F2]
  5: C:\Windows\system32\kernel32.dll(BaseThreadInitThunk+0x12) [0x0000000076461174]
  6: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll(RtlInitializeExceptionChain+0x63) [0x0000000076EDB3F5]
  7: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll(RtlInitializeExceptionChain+0x36) [0x0000000076EDB3C8]

That's the error for anyone that has more knowledge than I do :^)

I've killed enough wolfs in WoW to know where that sound comes from :rolleyes:
I have no idea. I have not played much wow. I will change some of them later. The biggest focus now is to get a bug-free server and a great gaming experience :)

With three skill point put in accuracy (3x) our characters get
+3 speed, +3 health, +6 mana

With three skill points, we can put them separately in:
strength for +10 health
magic for +20 mana
agility for +4 speed and +25 capacity

That's an extra +7 health, +14 mana, +1 speed, and +25 capacity for the same number of points? Uh?

In Mistbay Tools NPC the Rust Remover is 2x cheaper than in Ergon NPC (The guy where you need access to Ruby Quarters and Access & Missions to him) - It should be vice versa
I cannot sell Wyrm Scale to any NPC (specially to NPC in Ruby Quarters - Cannot sell to she too)

Excellent, can't play the game as a Paladin.

Can't even hit and Elf and I'm lvl 34.

As I said, looks like you just wanna rush your skill system before even thinking about it.

Game is literally unplayable as Paladin.

Best of luck;

GGWP.

Excellent, can't play the game as a Paladin.

Can't even hit and Elf and I'm lvl 34.

As I said, looks like you just wanna rush your skill system before even thinking about it.

Game is literally unplayable as Paladin.

Best of luck;

GGWP.
I have to admit, I went for pally too the other night when I had time to try it out, I went trolls... got bored by the fact that I barely hit them, lots of poofs.... It would normally be fine in any server because that means skills.
But in a server there you need your level to get skills it became just a complete waste of time poffing :(

no need to whine about the skill points. they will keep making changes since its a beta, before it was way easier than real tibia now its kinda harder. for example looking on tibia streams of the new world, a level 17 knight has 37/37 in skills without training. if we compare that to what the server is right now, a knight that only specced strength will have attack skill than that and will also be much more squishy. meanwhile mages for example would have higher magic lvl then they would in real tibia at such a level. there's only the thing that pallys heal shits without magic level (so they have to get magic lvl) and sorcs gets both their healing pwner and dmg by the same thing.

knights have extremely much hp, i saw cast of lvl 40 knight and he had 1.5k. but their damage is garbage, they cant heal and their cap is low too.

i think the biggest problem is that every skill, magic lvl etc is scaled as real tibia but in real tibia skills and mlvl is fast in the start and gets slower over time. here its only related to level which means when we are above the point where skills is really really slow on real tibia it will get easier for us here at higher levels, but it makes the start boring since u have such low skills and becomes very hard to just hit monsters for knights and pallys.

in general i think the changes yesterday were good for server but obviously there still needs to be improvement and i like what they are doink.

Last edited:
The skill system might be a mess right now, but I need to say :

Map is amazing

Sound system has huge potential

Client is responsive and fast (and I love the "view" system. So far I have tried many custom clients and this one has the best "view" system)

Guys,

It's beta.

We are still testing numbers. The new skill system was calculated in our heads (not mine though, I was half-asleep xD) and it didn't turn out as well as expected.
Calm down please, give your feedback here.

We know knights are overpowered.
We know paladins miss their spears, and their capacity is low.
We know mages have low health.

It still need a few adjustments and number tweaks.

Day Three, also a short day due to not playing much and dying a lot.

• When holding on the minimap, it no longer updates your position.
  • There is a microstutter when all creatures on screen freeze and the player is able to continue moving. (Samuro knows more)
  • When first opening the skills panel all of the names of skills will be white then some will turn orange.

You can atleast make so people wont lose their stuff upon death on a beta... Im not gonna struggle getting my shit back from dying hf..

As a mid-level knight the only OP thing about my character is HP.
Walking slow, hitting slow.
I've enough cap for my own items and short hunt loots.
Some screens of my skills and healing;
B4BnQG.png
a0ZvQd.png

Right now, I don't think someone will ever use "Fist" skill.
Maybe you can put some hp/mana regen,critical hit chance or something else.

I don't think Knight is OP atm, I think it's more balanced to the way we want it to be than the other vocations. Ths means that we need to fix a few things with the other vocations. I do have a few ideas on how to do that. The problem is limiting players who only specc one skill enough for them to not want to only specc one skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.