• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[SWEDEN] Therran BETA 2 Custom Client - OPENING SOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well like i said in my last post
in real tibia a knight who had just hunted all the time has 37/37 skills at lvl 17. i saw this from streams @ new world on tibia yesterday.
in this server if you ONLY specced strength u would have 34 (?) at level 17. this means you don't have any cap, you don't have any shielding. so if we specced into other things like i actually did, ur damage will be so much lower than it is on normal tibia. i have put points into agility, mana and shielding and my damage is just so fk low at lvl 40. but the thing also i said, there is at one point where u will be much stronger than on real tibia since the skills scales linearly here but on real tibia its fast in start and get slower over time. which means here the early game is very boring, because u dmg sux even more than on real tibia and u take much damage from mobs if u dont spec shielding. i think skills need to somehow be faster at low lvl and slower at high lvl.

obv i get its not real tibia server but there is real tibia monsters, real tibia equipment and everything. so i think skills has to be similar for ur level what u get on real tibia.

sry for bad enghlish

i think u will make good changes. i like talk about this server very good i appreciate ur work that has benen done and yes very good server once again thanks .

What you should do is remove the distance fighting, the melee fighting (fist/sword/axe/club) and the shielding from the skill points and make them scale with your level instead. You need to come up with a function that follows the "natural" skills you'd get in real Tibia. For example, a level 150 knight should have about 100 in skills, a level 100 about 90 in skills, a level 60 about 75 in skills and a level 30 about 45 in skills. This will get you a logarithmic function ( Example : y = 32.265ln(x) - 60.461 ). These "core" skills need to be hidden, so you can't train them, it simply scales with your level. Past level 150, you can set a skill "limit", meaning that you can't get above skill level 100 for shielding/melee (or like 110 for distance). At this point, the real skill points that you get each level start to make a difference.

Magic level should be kept like regular Tibia, because it is much easier to balance for all vocations. So mana spent = improves your magic level.

Now, the real skill system. You have a lot of possibilities, like focusing on hp, mana, regeneration, critical hits, speed, damage reduction, etc. If basic fighting skills scale with your level, then it's easier to experiment with the attributes. If you want knights to choose a weapon type (like in real Tibia), you can put skill points that focus on these weapon types. For example, "Sword Mastery" would give you a +0.5% chance to critical hit when using a sword, with say, a maximum of 25% (so 50 points). A critical hit could be about 20% of your weapon damage. Well, you have a lot of possibilities in terms of skills/attributes when you remove the distance/melee fighting skills from the skill system.

Last edited:
Skorr sums it pretty much.

As @Skorr said, I fully agree on the idea of "root skills" (melee, shielding, distance, magic level) should either scale on leveling or keep it Tibia like (giving the possibility to train on monsters and be a lvl 10 with 90/90).

And the points you get should be spent in skills like Crit Chance, Elemental Damages, Elemental Resistance, maybe some minor hp/mana regen, and many more things.

This way anyone will have sufficient damage/blocking (Tibia-like) but still a customized skill system that will allow players to be different from each other (I may be a +ice damage sorcerer meanwhile my friend is a high-crit paladin. idk, just saying).

but also if its skills like real tibia + a entirely new skill point system with elemental res and what not like u said, if the bonuses from the skill points are high (which i think they should be, they should matter) u will be so powerful with normal skill system + skill points with such things u suggested so it will be rly easy with normal mobs.

• You can use this "hole" to kill (standing before hole) Giant Spiders that are after the hole - they standing after hole and no running to you. (X: 1257 Y: 885 Z: 10) [ Image ];
  • Cannot sell Crusader Helmet to any NPC;
  • Cannot sell Terra Boots;
  • Cannot sell Swamplair Armor (thats from quest at Big Insects);
  • Cant sell these creature products from big insects like Splitter, Crawler, Kollos: kollos shells, compound eyes, crawler head platings, splitter nose;
  • Cant sell Wyrm Scales (creature product);

Sometimes I can't watch casts, lets say there are 3 ppl casting at the same time. Sometimes I can watch one of them but when I try to join others, it says "connecting to game server..." and nothing happens.
I asked Frozen to open cast so I can watch him doing quests etc.. He did open, I can see his name at login screen but I can't go further than "connecting.." screen.

edit;
also sometimes when I login, my character has "drunk" icon even tho I log-in at depot and I do not walk like drunk.
now it says I'm strenghtened- I can't use utito tempo yet.
7PGjMr.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions and bug reports. When everyone on the team have gathered once again we will decide on what to do next. :)

I don't think Knight is OP atm, I think it's more balanced to the way we want it to be than the other vocations. Ths means that we need to fix a few things with the other vocations. I do have a few ideas on how to do that. The problem is limiting players who only specc one skill enough for them to not want to only specc one skill.
Well you are in the right path, since now I have to spend points on agility for cap and magic for mana. :D

I don't like how you did the bonus of the attributes. I think you should remove the fist attribute and do something like that:
-- Meele based
- Strenght = Physical damage
- Vitality = Health points + Base physical def

-- Magic based
- Intelligence ( Magic ) = Magic damage
- Spirit = Mana points + Base magic def

-- Misc
- Agility = Speed + Cap
- Defense = Physical/Magic def
Other thing i think you can do, is scalable cost points for upgrade a attribute:
- 1-10 = 1 point
- 11-20 = 2 points
- 21-30 = 3 points
- 31-40 = 4 points
Anyway keep improving, you are on the right path :)

We will close the BETA tomorrow night.

Thanks for participating in the first version of the BETA. We will open the second version after we re-do the skill system.
All players will start at level 50~70 for the next version with fitting equipment.

Merchant's Guild will be completed once you create your character. :)

sucks to hear, having so much fun on this server :(

how long will it be down for?

edit: I actually really enjoy the skill points as a knight atleast right now at around lvl 60 but I would imagine that the start is boring as fack and at higher levels my skills would be way too high, and shielding skill is not worth it.

Last edited:
doin some quests b4 server closes :eek:

edit: mysteriandos 2 hard
will be uploading tons of screenshots of the beta tomorrow :)

Last edited:
When I right click someones name in chat and say "message to player" it creates chat bar but doesn't change to that bar auto.

It will open once we have fixed all the reported issues and fixed the skillsystem. There is no ETA for it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.