• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[SWEDEN] Therran BETA 2 Custom Client - OPENING SOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patience is all u need my brothers and sisters. We all waited for so long, we can wait a little more.

The Almighty Explorer is here, waiting for this awesome server to come back online!

Oh hey, Explorer.
Your bug statue will be waiting once the server is online. ^^

Oh hey, Explorer.
Your bug statue will be waiting once the server is online. ^^

Hey! I've been away from the OT community for a few months and was wondering how this is going? :)

@Homme
Yes
You can inactivate the arrowkeys next to the chat in the game client to play with WASD

@Homme
Yes
You can inactivate the arrowkeys next to the chat in the game client to play with WASD

Great but what i've noticed in alot of OTS who have this option is that I cant use my Left Control and WASD to face my char north/west/south/east like Right Control with arrow button does, maybe an idea?

Great but what i've noticed in alot of OTS who have this option is that I cant use my Left Control and WASD to face my char north/west/south/east like Right Control with arrow button does, maybe an idea?
We don't have that function in our server. But you can still rotate your character using ctrl+arrow keys, even if you have activated WASD movement.

We don't have that function in our server. But you can still rotate your character using ctrl+arrow keys, even if you have activated WASD movement.
I suggest you to implement ctrl+WASD rotation. It's useful mostly for sorcerers who use WASD to control their characters cuz it's pretty annoying when you have to use ctrl+arrow keys every time you want to be faced right to use a spell and then switch back to wasd to move :p

Had this problem on Necronia, if you want, leave me a PM and I can share a script with you that lets players rotate with shift + WASD when in wasd mode.

Here are a few things that has been implemented into the server!

Minimap marks!
Visit one of the towns temple monks to mark your minimap with key locations such as bank, weapon store and quest NPCs!
Upon arriving to a city for the first time on a new character this will automatically apply.

2KYnL9k.png

l3meHqB.png

The Spire is back, and fully working.
Solve the mysterious tower that offers a new puzzle on each floor and be rewarded.

tmYAn5b.png

The Tower of Morsea.
A new challenge has arrived. A quest for the wise, and the perceptive.

6GxjSgv.png

Had this problem on Necronia, if you want, leave me a PM and I can share a script with you that lets players rotate with shift + WASD when in wasd mode.

Sweet. :)
I'm gonna hear what the guys have to say about it first though. Maybe we can solve it ourselves, hehe.

Last edited:
Guys, I once mentioned that something like "Epic Quests" should also be there, somewhere in Therran.
What's the idea and what's the difference between regular quests and epic quests?

THE LORE.
Story behind an epic quest may be hidden all over the world of Therran. Some books or parts of information in one place(or few places), some npc keywords(not especially known or revealed, until someone thinks about it and tries many times before he discovers them), parts of the bigger and confusing story, legends, rumours, clues in strange areas, puzzles etc etc. Everything and everywhere in general. Even some usuall things that some npc says might be actually a hint! Your imagination is the limit. That's what makes it hard, sometimes even almost impossible to solve, when the reward is worth the effort.

REAL RPG FEELING.
Back in the old Tibia days there were few epic quests to obtain very rare items. Ya know like winged helmet, great axe, golden helmet and many others, like spike sword on rookgaard or never obtained but still existing in game: boots of waterwalking. These were really unique and their origin always unknown. Adding some real mysteries in game can give it a soul and make many people spend countless hours on thinking and trying to solve those. People interested in RPG part of the game will actually pay attention to everything in the world of Therran. For those players, hunting monsters, fighting in PVP or doing regular quests is not enough, they want to do something big, to become a legend. This will make people feel that they haven't done everything that had to be done in Therran even when they have 500 lvl and all the items possible to get. Then they can start trying to solve an epic quest! Looking for clues, visiting some old areas again and again to seek for unusual things, trying some random and wierd things to see if they can discover something. That's exciting!

MYSTERY.
Someone was standing in the one place for the whole day and noticed that something changes on the map at exact time and it happens only once per day? Some wierd and crazy witch NPC tells u her imaginary stories or gives you obvious advices that actually leads u to something? Some tiles on the location are looking like there have to be something done, placed, used with something? Maybe something changed when few players were standing on some key areas on all over the map? Or some rare item that some monster drops, which no one ever pays attention to and usually sells it to NPC is actually usefull in some way? Hell yeah, that's what we're looking for! A mystery hidden somewhere in this huge world.

REWARD.
Not just some random item that is obtainable in the other way. Epic quest reward should be something that people dream of. Something that NPCs tell stories of. Something that is better than every other item or has some special effects. Something that you can see sometimes in some treasue rooms(or anywhere else) but it's unreachable and you can only wonder "Daaaamn. Is this really obtainable?".
No matter how many epic quests you decide to add, there should be only one person who gets the reward from each epic quest. It means that epic quests can be done fully only once. After one of the quests is done, no one else is going to get reward for doing it second time. That's the difference between regular and epic quests. That makes them epic.

FAILUARE
One day a brave adventurer may become tired. His goal was to solve an epic quest since the first day he set foot in the world of Therran. Maybe he reached dead end or completely confused everything and is completely wrong with his conclusions. That's what makes those quests EPIC and of course many adventurers will fail. But maybe some of his discovers will help new, brave adventurers. People can share with others about what they found out. Maybe some other person will find the motivation and will look at those things from the new, fresh perspective.

The thing is, that those quests have to be difficult and I don't mean strong monsters :) And the second thing is, that there are no hints from the staff. Anyone who knows a solution should keep it as a secret. If an epic quest is solveable then it's everything that players need :) If no one solves any epic, then that's sad, but that only means quests were too hard or people too lazy.

Last edited:
We have a kinda "normal" quest which is hard to solve, it's 2 counters and a lever where something needs to be sacrificed. All feedback I've gotten from players about that quest so far is that it's not logical, it's impossible, and it's stupid that there aren't any obvious clues. One person said all these three and demanded a solution. Not naming anybody but he wanted me to remove a basin that I was gonna use for a later quest only because he thought it was "random". Now he knows who he is :)

Back to the subject though, I will try to find a way to make certain quests only solvable once, we already have a base for such a quest implemented in the game. Thanks for your feedback Explorer. You've inspired me to add some more of these hard quests and some epic quests :)

Status
Not open for further replies.