• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] Tibia old times 7.1 (Start 2014-02-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been experience ddos attacks and our hosting company are currently taking a deeper look into it.
They have taken legal actions before and sued the person who did it so i think they can handle this.
We apologize for the downtime, but as you might understand we can't do much about it just yet and please be patient until it's solved.
We are doing everything we can to solve this.

Kind Regards
Oldtimes Development

Official update
Server started yesterday, today it went down.

We are still awaiting decision from our hosting company.
Please be patient, we are waiting just as you are.
We hope to get this solved soon.

Kind Regards
Oldtimes Development

So what are you and we waiting for? host privider is doing these problems? wat ?

Information

We have been told by our hosting company that they are going to cancel our dedicated server because we were under constant ddos attacks.
In their opinion the ddos attacks that were aimed at our server caused them too much trouble and they couldn't do anything about it unfortunaly.
Ofcourse we are just as disappointed as you are, but we are not going to quit this project.
We will continue working on this project even if we will have to shut the server down officially for now.

If we decide to host this project again, we will rent a dedicated server WITH ddos-protection system included from another hosting company.
We were told at one point by our current hosting company that they could add ddos protection if they highered our price-plan, but in the end it seems like it was not possible for them to do that when we asked for it.

If you are one of the many who enjoyed the server and saw its potential, then we encourage you to send me a private message if you would like to help us complete and improve it even more.
By doing this, we will allow you to join our test-server team and you will be able to share your opinions and feedback with us.
We hope to see you soon and once again we apologize for all of this.

Kind Regards
Oldtimes Development

Wow , was just gonna check how it was going and Its already down :(. Should have trusted me before mate and you would have a ddos protected server running for more than 8 months now. Sad to see it fall again.

Higher the price-plan? You never paid for the server, you got a trial of probably 2 weeks just like the first oldtimes server where I fixed you a trial for 2 weeks. Same company.

Higher the price-plan? You never paid for the server, you got a trial of probably 2 weeks just like the first oldtimes server where I fixed you a trial for 2 weeks. Same company.

Not true.
We paid and they decided to cancel our server and refund us.

Wow , was just gonna check how it was going and Its already down :(. Should have trusted me before mate and you would have a ddos protected server running for more than 8 months now. Sad to see it fall again.

Well next time we will pick a more "popular" hosting company that can guarantee protection against ddos attacks.

Well next time we will pick a more "popular" hosting company that can guarantee protection against ddos attacks.

You can't protect yourself from ddos, only thing you can do it have a wide bandwith. The solution is either as realots, have diffrent Proxies hiding the true server IP making ddos all proxies ALOT harder, or expensive ( most ddos atks is a hired botnet and that costs money) Or as Tibianic, Program the server so when it feels its under attack it just saves all players so they can't loose anything from dieing.

Dear oldschool community.

Many of you have probobly already heard about or even played Tibia old times 7.1!
We had issues with DDOS attacks on our server and therefore the hosting company we used to have cancel the server for us.
We have now found a new hosting company that offers ddos protection and a great connection to a fair price.
We are currently looking for sponsors that would like to contribute with a donation for the monthly server cost.

Sponsors with the right mindset the will of improving the server will have a oportunity to recieve a GM position.

Minimum donation/sponsor amount = 20 euro

If you are interested, feel free to send me a private message here on Otland or add us to Skype: oldtimessupport

Kind Regards
Oldtimes Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back