• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Switzerland] [8.7] Ascalon | custom MID-EXP RPG with unique gameplay

Hello folks! Update time? Its been quite a while since my last patch, so I'm going to fix this up. We had a lot of good and bad things happened over those two weeks; We had to move to new dedicated, we had some issues with DDOS attacks, we had a major chargebacks from our donators(sadly...), but the wheel of time is spinning, so we need to step over it. I'm not going to state minor changes in gameplay, like I usually do, so just main changes which you guys need to know.

Today we are going to release guild war event. This event is about of capturing guild halls by participating in event. Every guild war will be announced long before launch, so players will be able to prepare and be online at specific time. Once event starts, two picked guilds(based on current players online) getting invites to join the event. If they are joining, they are getting teleported to a war zone, where they are fighting in open battle. Amount of runes used is hightly limited there(aswell as now its properly limiting runes on CTF event); There are various bonuses which can be collected during the event, which may help your guild to win. Once some guild took the victory, they are getting ownership over the guildhall. There is also chance that guild will be forced to defend their guildhall, instead of fighting for new one, so if agressor guild going to win that event, they may take one of your owned guildhalls.
What's special about owning a guildhall? Guildhalls are randomly generating items and sending them to a random online guild member of the guild who owns that guildhall. More guild halls = more items can be gained that way.

Berserkers were tweaked a bit, their passive ability was reworked. Now they gain 1 stack of bloodrage for every successful hit, up to 40 stacks; however losing 1 stack each 3 seconds. Every stack provides with 0.5% lifesteal + 0.01*level bonus attack. Aswell as level 140 AOE knight spell's bleeding condition damage was lowered to 150 damage(from 200), and bleeding effect was added to knights 190 and 260 level spells.​

Hello folks. Actually I planned to release much bigger patch, however I'm not able to finish it in time, so I will better release at least what I got by now.

What's being patched today:

• Some 'sad' balancing changes: Archers manashield formula changed: 30% of damage goes to mana, 70% to health(was 40/60). Divine healing and Ultimate healing was nerfed, however now its being scaled all the way long to level 400(previously was maxed at level 300).
  • Some 'happy' balancing changes: Knights wound cleasing healing amount was increased a little bit, aswell as runes healing. Mages mana gain from runes was increases aswell(just a little bit).
  • Priests and Crusaders now able to re-stat all their points into attack or defense, just like other vocations.
  • Oldschool outfits are ingame; You can find NPC named Grimlidin, to know the requirements for outfit.
  • Fortitude and resistance abilities reworked, now items with those abilities, adding flat percents of protection from physical or magical damage instead of armor/resistance.

• Priest's enchanting spell grants 15% damage protection instead of armor/resistance values now.

• G8 ability stones(2 g7 stones for 1 g8 stone) and magic gems(3 g7 gems for 1 g8 gem) now can be made in temple's anvil.
    In the crafting zone, added new forge which allows to transfer your item upgrades and ability into new item of higher grade/unique item. Example: Legendary grade 6 sword with 7/10 upgrades on left counter. Non-magic grade 7 sword(or any grade unique sword) without upgrades, on the right counter. By using the anvil, left item will be destroyed, while part of upgrades and abilities will be transferred to the right item.

• New monsters: Burglar[L.420], Butcher[L.420], Myrmidon[L.440]; Those spawn can be found closely placed to Mercenaries camp.
  • There's few features being locked atm, as they were not finished in time and I will release them as quick as possible.

So you buffed mages some more and gave assassins a lil nerf. Dafuq? Do you even know what's wrong with your server? Mage server...

Well, I already posted similar message on ascalon's forums before this patch because I was expecting what is going on but whatever. I was playing knight vocs for 2 seasons and I must admit that it was pretty much boring after some point. After giving season 3 a try, I decided to pick assassin and see if it'll be any better. It was. I'm still enjoying playing 310 archer and as a knight I would probably already quit.
Now, let's get to the point. I can understand why knights got buffed but I don't like the idea of nerfing archers, because if instead of making knights enjoyable vocation to play you're going to make assassins boring, then I think something is wrong. Ascalon is having troubles with balancing for a very long time and I think that that kind of changes should be made between seasons, not in the middle of one.

Always when there's something changed about the vocations, everyone who plays them comes out crying. There weren't even any big changes to archers. Don't just read the patch notes. Play the fucking game - you will see you're almost as tanky as before just that you heal a tiny bit less.

It's ridiculous to see everyone cry after a patch, fare has put alot of work into the server and you guys should appreciate it more. Hell, there is barely any custom servers like this one left you should motivate fare to keep working on this instead of being small whiny bitches or else you'll probably only have real maps left to play.

Always when there's something changed about the vocations, everyone who plays them comes out crying. There weren't even any big changes to archers. Don't just read the patch notes. Play the fucking game - you will see you're almost as tanky as before just that you heal a tiny bit less.

It's ridiculous to see everyone cry after a patch, fare has put alot of work into the server and you guys should appreciate it more. Hell, there is barely any custom servers like this one left you should motivate fare to keep working on this instead of being small whiny bitches or else you'll probably only have real maps left to play.
It's ridiculous to see someone insulting other person while not getting the point of his post. Anyway I have no time for explaining anything to someone like you.

Ya I was playing assassin I quit this last week. Just lame that you can't even think about returning to this OT with the way it is run. Knights were known to be under powered and because the fact that their "tankiness" was compared to an assassin he decided that a very small buff to knight and a nerf to assassin would balance it. That would make sense if he didn't also buff the one vocation that is running the server into the ground. "slight buff" i meant.. but seems every patch that is added towards classes there is a "slight buff" to wizards.

@Ahilphino We point out flaws in the patch because we have played the server. You really have nothing to say especially to help Fare in this situation. There should be some ease of mind to the players about the state of the server but with the announcement of this patch it is the exact opposite. So if you have nothing constructive to say then please save your time doing something else.

Mages received just +~50 more mana buff, which shouldn't be ever included into patch notes. Yes, archers healing was nerfed, as due to full mathcraft, their tanking ability was outstanding compared to rest. If I would just buff knights, to be BETTER than archers, they would be just unkillable.

Do some dmg and survival tests between the classes. See the mage survivability. They get in trouble guaranteed they are off your screen whenever they want to be and that is if you can ever put them in any danger.

I miss something in this server :( - new players. But still a good one! If u like rpg - Ascalon is for You. ;P

Back