• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Switzerland] [8.7] Ascalon | custom MID-EXP RPG with unique gameplay

I disagree. I think every profession should be different. Priests should be support/heal and wizards should be support/dmg.

Well honestly I still think the differences between those classes shouldnt be too large, because it would make Priest hella boring, especially for pvp situations considering each class heals like a tank. Priests dont even got all that much support spells at this stage other than Reju & Lepi // anyhow wizard's crepitus gelu stun is still better ;P

Eventhough introducing custom made para runes just for Priests would make them a bit more valuable for pvp & in general. Damage shouldnt slack tho, imo.

Edit: Honestly it wouldnt be bad either for Mages to have the Summon Monster spell, would add a lil more versatility too

Last edited:
Cant really say much just hope for another reset since im a beginner again in his server

I love this server and regularly log in to see whats up & if any guildies or buddies online. But sadly, rarely.. Anyway, ive been working on this little list and figured why not post it on the thread. Its a bit outdated cuz it was made a week ago~ Honestly, with these changes it would really, truly enhance the gameplay if he'd bring along an Reset.. I am aware that Ghostx has taken part of the Ascalon's Staff which is really good. I know that there'll be positive changes especially now that he had suggested to help Fare out.. But STILL, even if you would introduce a new level cap and whatever else that is being planned.. It will simply just take tooo much time (if not impossible) for new players to come in the same league where Zawawy and those are in. They've spent a good 1-2 months on this server therefore having such a large advantage over those who will form a fresh new community aka new ppl. It wont be fun honestly. The gap is tooooooo wide/thick/large/fat // also its rather hard to imagine those ol' players returning and start to play as active as they did before. x.x

I myself have played this server seriously for quite a while and know this & that. Bringing in an reset wouldnt even be so catastrophic for those higher levels because they know the INS and OUTS of this server, therefore they will always have a certain advantage over others

Anyway, these are just my PERSONAL suggestions for an even greater server with more durability. (Please mind that the class changes is just an small portion bcus I lack knowledge regarding other classes)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Get the server on Otservlist.org
-Hire an mapper??
-USE the custom sprites that this server has in its basement, cuz theyre awesome
-Introduce exp stages or make the current ones more serious?
-Mayb make it easier to find on google (Or am I just doing it wrong)
-Perhaps update to an newer client like 9.6 to introduce many more mapping possibilities (Prolly a bit TOOO optimistic <hope not>)
-Add a larger variaty of difficult dungeon maps (Let the imagination run wild?)
-Reduce the amount of bonus points you get per quest. (People r lv. 450 and have already reached like 78 points in ATK, which doesnt leave much room left to grow)
-Add an proper starter's area for newcomers which Ghostx has offered to make (Something like the Isle of Destiny irl)
-Make an proper dungeon system because the current waiting list for who clicks the fastest, not really kewll (Maybe just talk to an NPC to be put in an queue, which you can check by saying Hi, Status/Queue to the NPC?)
-Lessen the bonus stats from items a bit further (As certain mages still seem to benefit a bit TOO much from the mana regen on items.. Would prefer higher base manarune heals for mages that cant afford to spend such a long time to get their full gear)
-Perhaps introduce an custom version of the Paralyze rune for pvp enhancement (so Priests got an possibility to "Slow/Paralyze" players)
-Give the speed cap at an earlier level (I used to be lv. 340 n' didnt reach my speed cap <999> unless i'd use Swiftness Ring or ate an fish)
-Remove speed bonus from the fish (because you'd be pretty much forced to use fish 24/7 <especially if you reach the speed cap at such an late lvl)
-Put an small delay between each use of the fishing rod? (Spamming is so cliché ;P)
-Use more custom sprites for those major bosses (Would make the serv more unique n' fun for newcomers imo)
-Make the damage difference between priests and wizards minor aka not as large (You dont see a massive difference between druids/sorcs on real tibia neither besides the sorcs having better variaty of waves and spell effects that hit more monsters in general)
-Make the mage's gameplay a bit more versatile/active by introducing a custom set of waves/beams and putting them on their original cooldowns perhaps?

-Remove the 1.5 sec stun that you can get from Crepitus Gelu? (Perhaps use 1.5 sec freeze in exchange, same as Priests)(1.5 sec stun too OP for pvp situations lol)
-Not allowing Mas Ress to affect enemies if you're in either CTF or Warmode
-Put UE on a 6/8 sec cooldown and introduce an stronger single target spell along with it (So mage's do not have to spam ue to get the most damage output, which is quite simpleeeeee/boring)
-Increase the amount of mana given by the mage's manarune by an small margin (1.4k just really isnt enough, there is no way you'll have your full set before lv. 350 therefore making the lv. 300 manarune heal quite low considering people outdamage that by a good 75%)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reminder: this was writen a good week ago, so certain things r oudated =P

I only recommend adding the majority of these suggestions if Fare would bring along an reset though. You can be ignorant about it, but we all know that this server has much more potential than what it is showing at this stage.

On a side note; It would be even more awesome once Ghostx is done revamping ;D

The ball is in your court mate

I have played this server for a while now and I believe that all these ideas are very great to make this server even better. The server has great potential and it needs to be used to get many players online. I think using these ideas that his fellow above has stated will make the server a better and more enjoyable place.

Edit: However, I don't believe that changing to client 9.6 will do much to the server and dont believe it is a good idea.

Last edited:
There has been a mixed opinion around this server lately. But rather than just listening to what everyone is writing here - everyone seems to get a different experience here. Therefore take what you read as an idea, but as an idea alone. Try it out for your self and you will see how amazingly made this ot is. You can actually tell that there has been effort put into this server. Now that is a very rare thing to see lately.

It does have its cons among the pros but the team are actively trying to resolve them when discovered. This is one of the only servers that deserve your attention - i am thrilled Fare reopened this.

For whatever reason you play ots, try this one. Just try it. Play for a few days then decide whether to stay or not. But please - if there is something you dislike, don't just hang up your gloves and leave, leave feedback.

They can never know what is wrong unless you tell them.

Would i recommend this server? FUCK YES I WOULD :D

- - - Updated - - -

the updates and changes will come

One of the best server i ever played , i would recommend it to eveyone to try this!
U can see that there has been put massive work in this server!
the only thing that i don't really like : is the amount of grinding that u need to do in some tasks/addons , i know grinding is part of tibia but i would love to see some more hard quests where u need to solve riddles and such :)

But for all who didnt try this server: Download it and try it out for some days :)

One of the best server i ever played , i would recommend it to eveyone to try this!
U can see that there has been put massive work in this server!
the only thing that i don't really like : is the amount of grinding that u need to do in some tasks/addons , i know grinding is part of tibia but i would love to see some more hard quests where u need to solve riddles and such :)

But for all who didnt try this server: Download it and try it out for some days :)
we're on it :D
MEH - streaming :D www.twitch.tv/ghostxpro

Last edited:
Update

• Runes! Now at level 100, 200 and 300, mages unlocking conjuring spells which allows them to create Fire Missile, Energy Missile, Ice Missile, Deadly Missile, Nature Missile, Death and Stalagmite runes.
  • Some balance changes, slightly lowered damage from 140+ mages AOE spells, all vocations 240+ strike spells, aswell as minor tweaks on archers distance formula which may affect their damage in some cases.
  • New dungeon! Insect dungeon is available for 300+ players. That dungeon contains new, unique monsters, aswell as own bosses with their unique drop and secrets!
  • Tasks from NPC Siuan now also has around 50% to provide you with some random reward, aswell as gold payment for fulfilling the task.
  • Lowered amount of unjustified kills needed for black skull to 5(means, that if you keep killing after you gained red skull, you will instantly get black skull).
  • Also, it was implented few days ago, but not announced: Lizard raid was introduced with 2 more unique item sets droppable by its leaders.
  • More minor changes and tweaks around the server, more work to beta-client which supposed to be introduced in nearby future.

• Runes! Now at level 100, 200 and 300, mages unlocking conjuring spells which allows them to create Fire Missile, Energy Missile, Ice Missile, Deadly Missile, Nature Missile, Death and Stalagmite runes.
  • Some balance changes, slightly lowered damage from 140+ mages AOE spells, all vocations 240+ strike spells, aswell as minor tweaks on archers distance formula which may affect their damage in some cases.
  • New dungeon! Insect dungeon is available for 300+ players. That dungeon contains new, unique monsters, aswell as own bosses with their unique drop and secrets!
  • Tasks from NPC Siuan now also has around 50% to provide you with some random reward, aswell as gold payment for fulfilling the task.
  • Lowered amount of unjustified kills needed for black skull to 5(means, that if you keep killing after you gained red skull, you will instantly get black skull).
  • Also, it was implented few days ago, but not announced: Lizard raid was introduced with 2 more unique item sets droppable by its leaders.
  • More minor changes and tweaks around the server, more work to beta-client which supposed to be introduced in nearby future.

nice server and nice work u'r doing here... keep it up!!

Dont understand why BS has been set on 1 frag after RS honestly >.> You dont allow any pvp like this. You could've just increased the time per frag removal because now you'll just kill 4 ppl yesterday and wait till today and kill 4 more ppl without reaching RS

in my opinion, the other solution is the way to go without killing the fun of havign RS

PS: It wouldnt hurt to increase the 5 min pz after killing a dude to 10 mins =P (5 minutes is nothing)

I went to play LoL for a while but I kinda miss Ascalon. Truly, there is no place like home. ^^

The server is just awesome, the scripts, custom things... I've never seen server like this one. Congats to Ghost and Fare.

don't congrats me it's all fare :p i'm just helping with map *new content*

Back