• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Sword/Axe/Club hits too random.

Bonzaii

Reaction score
Hi.

On my OTS (TFS 0.3b3) hits taken from Axes/Clubes/Swords (on monsters) for player with this stats:
Level: 101
Voc: Elite Knight
Sword fighting: 81

takes 100-1200 damage. How i can make this range more precise, like 500-800 ? I realy need this becouse some players says that my server is 'maked for druids and sorcerers'. Druids and Sorcerers with similar stats can take damage from (ie) runes with range of 700-1000 and it makes druids/sorcerers "better" than knights/palladins.

Can anyone help me, please?

Waiting for response.

Hi.

On my OTS (TFS 0.3b3) hits taken from Axes/Clubes/Swords (on monsters) for player with this stats:
Level: 101
Voc: Elite Knight
Sword fighting: 81

takes 100-1200 damage. How i can make this range more precise, like 500-800 ? I realy need this becouse some players says that my server is 'maked for druids and sorcerers'. Druids and Sorcerers with similar stats can take damage from (ie) runes with range of 700-1000 and it makes druids/sorcerers "better" than knights/palladins.

Can anyone help me, please?

Waiting for response.

Is it just that weapon you want to change or completely the whole vocation? Look in vocations.xml in your data folder.

I already looked into vocations.xml. Yes, I want to change vocations completly. I want more precise hits. This Range (100-1200) is to big! How can I do this?

Last edited:
Yea but it will increase all damage, right? I want to make hits more similar... Now i have 100-1200, and I want 500-800 (this is example). But I will try.

This might be what your looking for, works fine on my server lol.
DeathScythe.lua said:
local combat = createCombatObject()
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_TYPE, COMBAT_DEATHDAMAGE)
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_EFFECT, CONST_ME_SMALLCLOUDS)
setCombatFormula(combat, COMBAT_FORMULA_SKILL, 100, 0, 100, 0)

function onUseWeapon(cid, var)
return doCombat(cid, combat, var)
end

Put that into script file in weapons/scripts and in weapon.xml change:
<melee id="8932" level="1" unproperly="1" event="function" value="default"> <!-- Death Scythe -->
<vocation name="Knight"/>
<vocation name="Lord Knight" showInDescription="0"/>
</melee>
to
<melee id="8932" level="1" unproperly="1" event="script" value="death scythe.lua"> <!-- Death Scythe -->
<vocation name="Knight"/>
<vocation name="Lord Knight" showInDescription="0"/>
</melee>
After, change in Items.xml
<attribute key="attack" value="51"/> <--remove
<attribute key="extradef" value="3"/> <---remove
To make a bow, Make a copy of that and add in a
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_DISTANCEEFFECT, CONST_ANI_" ")
Hope that helped.

Last edited:
Back