• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Sword of Fury

Old rook was quite detailed. Do you remember things like the Blind Orc and the items he sold if you spoke his language?
bMKRgjf.png

pMB1r7X.png

Do you realize Tibia came from textbased games? If you take a picture and say it lacks details, I'm not going to point them out to you. Old tibia was detailed in the sense that you couldn't say hello to any NPC and have the keywords highlighted for me. You can read the entire code but that is like googling for the meaning of a piece of art, or printing a copy of something you don't understand. It's useless.

I don't see anything in these pictures about the blind orc, though. But I once found him lost in a cave. His brothers tried to defend his life but couldn't. He knew he couldn't fight back, maybe he forgot the shaman magic or maybe he never learned it. If only I could talk his language, his goods looked valuable but somehow I felt threatened by his foreign language, it was like if a beast could talk.

Does anyone know the origin of the word 'rook'? Gaard comes from Norse languages where for example "gård" means to garden (å is commonly written aa when directly translated). I don't know what rook means but oo in English is usually written with a single O in Swedish (book in English is written bok in Swedish, took/tog). Perhaps related to Ragnarok, although I'm only familiar with that name and don't really know what it means.

Does anyone know the origin of the word 'rook'? Gaard comes from Norse languages where for example "gård" means to garden (å is commonly written aa when directly translated). I don't know what rook means but oo in English is usually written with a single O in Swedish (book in English is written bok in Swedish, took/tog). Perhaps related to Ragnarok, although I'm only familiar with that name and don't really know what it means.
probably just short for rookie :p

Noticed two things; 1) Ghostland isn't sealed off with mountains, and 2) Elvenbane is not sieged and ruined. One funny anecdote: In the lore, the wars in Darama (Ank, Dara and Drefia) was fought together with the grandfather of Thais, who is the father of Tibianus the 1st. But yet these cities were revealed fairly late in the expansions of Tibia.

Ps. Don't blame CIP for ruining what you love. Greedy players ruined that by making bots. Before anti bot systems were summon, they had to do a choice as a company. Remember they became one with introduction of Edron, premium account, a business rather than a hobby project.

I actually believe Souldrainer or and "Casa" from Otland sold their anti bot system to CIP, which was the official Tibia servers anti bot.

It was just too late to stop the transition towards hotkey aimbot. Servers and wars were owned with bots, and business were stealing money from CIP. They had to adapt. WoW and other games probably made an impact but aimbotters as well — it was an indication the game was too hard.

Last edited:
So all know, It was confirmed by Knightmare that Sword of fury WAS I say it again WAS at one time a quest. but since they revamped rook heavy with the new shitty tutorial etc several things that you needed to do got removed. Etc where 1 thing in the quest you needed 4 ppl to stand on 4 diffrent tiles outside rookgaard city. one was in poison spider "cave"

So all know, It was confirmed by Knightmare that Sword of fury WAS I say it again WAS at one time a quest. but since they revamped rook heavy with the new shitty tutorial etc several things that you needed to do got removed. Etc where 1 thing in the quest you needed 4 ppl to stand on 4 diffrent tiles outside rookgaard city. one was in poison spider "cave"
pretty sure you're thinking about the spot in the spider cave and the spot in the rotworm cave (only 2 tiles) that made the sword disappear when you walk on them

that's still there.

Do you have a link to where you read that?

Back