• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Synnicals Mapping Thread

I'm not going to post it for download when I am complete as I may be using it for a project. If I decide not to pursue the project I may consider releasing it though ^^

More progress for my venorian style of city, Decided to go with desert, Far from complete and I've been slacking (I'm working on architecture before I do detailing)
XFTIKua.png

Its a little dark, but maybe its cause im looking at it via a phone. Other than that, what I CAN see looks really good.

Alright so, Awkward situation i got myself here. Perhaps you guys can enlighten me how i can fix this situation, Obviously it isn't a huge priority now but i think sooner rather than later to fix this..

So when I started this project I never really made a proper land mass just kinda made a blob and added some stuff to it, I never really saw myself getting this far so now I've got this blob that looks like the puffy white thing from big hero 6, So what would be my best options for reforming it a little to look less man made and more naturally occurring? If you've got ideas I'm open for pretty much anything just I can't really move where everything on the land is currently placed as alot of it links to the sewer system which spans the whole underground of the landmass :pp

Thanks, for all the input you guys are the best :)
qBhjZag.png

I would just expand it a little bit. Make it bigger on the grass area with a nicer shape. Add some rivers into it. maybe connect it into the mountain in the north east. On the other side of the mountain make a desert/jungle.

I would just expand it a little bit. Make it bigger on the grass area with a nicer shape. Add some rivers into it. maybe connect it into the mountain in the north east. On the other side of the mountain make a desert/jungle.
yea east going to be sand, going to expand that sandy little thing you see at the east it's part of a city :p but yea maybe ill make it bigger might take a while thanks for the idea :D

Make another blob continent next to it Kappa

Ok... I was trying to explain what I though and I was having a hard time and started to get frustrated so I decided to draw instead haha
I also really liked that starting shape you are doing with that continet southwest. You should make everything look a little more like that
11w3hqt.jpg

your shaping isn't bad at all, you need to fray out the edges a little more, but the mass of the continent has nothing wrong with it (minus the mountain in the ocean). remember, natural continents aren't symmetrical, they're random. so literally ANY shape you create could exist outside the world of remeres mapeditor with the right conditions.

when i say fray, i mean give your continent some deltas and rivers like sematico made, he hit the nail on the head with that.

Back