• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tales of [Tales of Heroes]

Delvire

°£°
Reaction score
ay5b9i.jpg

[skip introduction]

Hello people. I am (the not well known)Delvire, owner of (the not well known) Tales of Heroes ATS.

So, here goes a quick history:

I started developing this server in November 2006, When I was 13 years old. The objective was creating a serious server... with low exp, great map, this sort of thing...

Many were the attempts to open this server and make some success. At the first oppening, the map was too small and with the time, I started growing, and learning valious lessons about OTservers.

From 2006 to the nowadays, everything has changed: the map is huge, mostly all the old areas were updated... I gained the capability of making cool scripts(no... not like MOCK, Cykotitan, etc...).

Even with all this evolution, something has not changed: the number of players... the peak was in 2008 with an average of 15 players online, and 2010, with an average of... 17 or 20...

I think it took more than 4 years to then I realize that most the players don't like this kind of OTserver... Unless you make a super Hollywoodian production to create the mega ATS, with the best scripter, mapper, spriter, etc... etc...

So, I decided to make this thread, to show some SSs from my server, and maybe give you some tales :)

Last edited:
Let's start with my latest job: Zaya! It's inspired by Zao, but with another context...

In this screenshot, we see the player in the remainings of the "pure" Zaya

(Almost all Zaya was corrupted by the dwarves greed: they went into an expediction inside the mountains, looking for jewels, gold, etc)
wc0aah.png

This is the dwarf wich commands the expediction.
jt5vf6.jpg

Last edited:
This is some nice RPG quest. You have to kill the guy wich is thieving the ship and take his loot to the ship captain.
23kf0ud.jpg

Good work!

It sad that the most players wants realy high exp servers, and more sadly, real map.
They enter a server, go for lvl 100-1000 in an hour or two, slowest a day, then kill some and also get killed,
thereafter, they quit and find a new one.

I hope more people will start to enjoy the slower serious rpg servers.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Good work!

It sad that the most players wants realy high exp servers, and more sadly, real map.
They enter a server, go for lvl 100-1000 in an hour or two, slowest a day, then kill some and also get killed,
thereafter, they quit and find a new one.

I hope more people will start to enjoy the slower serious rpg servers.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Agreed with you, Eldin. Player has changed a lot in the last years, and into a bad way...
At least on my server, there is an amount of about 7 or more
old players who still play on my server and enjoy the RPG. They
managed, with me, create a environment of friendship in the server ... everyone
knew theirselves, of course ...

jtq7sw.jpg

This is what the player had to do to reach some important npc's, as Master Kyoga.
Explaning better, the player had to use utani hur/gran hur/etc to jump trough the mountains. It was really funny
2e6bf9y.jpg

There is a Tutorial how to make nice in-game screens. you have to check it out

the maps looks nice!

Selooth, this screenshot was shot by old players
The other last two were just a nice "MS-paint job"

But thank you for the advices, there may be some tips that I don't know actually

And thank you and the others that watched and made constructive posts

Who cares about the screenshots quality? The point is to see what it look likes. Great job, looks good.

A screenshot from player! It was in 2010, in one of the "best momments" of the server...
Look at their level!
While in 9999x servers, people kill 9999*10³ demons with one spell, in my server they tried to kill one even with low levels, just to have some "nostalgia" or I don't know...
ir2wwp.png

why you came to the mapshow off to show pics of your old players?
sense.jpg

Well, you can look at the last picture as a map(and simply ignore what I said and the players in the screen) and say what should be improved...
Ah, and go go 1000 posts, but post this garbage not in a mapping thread... If you think the thread is in the wrong place, you should ask someone to move It... posting shit won't solve your problem

Are you kidding? wtf? horrible ...
I liked your post, you looked into the map and made a critiscism. Thank you. Now I will give you the answer
This place was meant to be like in the RL Tibia. But I'm going to avoid the "normal" places and give you and the others some better map pieces

Last edited:
is an incentive to make you ask to a mod to change it.
you rather than showoff mapping skills your throwing some Scripting skills, as the npc's you show. So yes i'm gonna ask to some mod to move it.

Here goes, another Screenshot from Zaya
b3liqt.jpg

I won't say anything else, because if I mention the word "players" or "npc" or anything else, I will be flamed, right?

So now I want some critiscism, with SENSE, please

Back