• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!
  • New resources must be posted under Resources tab. A discussion thread will be created automatically, you can't open threads manually anymore.

TalkAction popup window script

jixi

Complete Noob
Reaction score
OK so this is my very first script! be nice! i looked a bit for a script that just has a popup window come up when you type a command (nothing special just a list or something you want ppl to have). because i'm lazy obviously i didn't find one so i decided to put my weak a$$ skills to the test.

This is if you want to make it accessable to a certain rank or not, typicaly ranks are listed as = Player = 0, Tutor = 1, Senior Tutor = 2, Gamemaster = 3, Community Manager = 4, God = 5. (check your server configuration to make sure its the same)

In this case only tutor's and above can view this popup message.

Code:
 <talkaction access="1" words="!list" event="script" value="mylist.lua"/>

This script is just basic to make it available to everyone. You pick which suits you the best.

Code:
 <talkaction words="!list" event="script" value="mylist.lua"/>

Place the above in your data\talkactions\talkactions.xml. Make sure you only pick one of the 2 codes.

Then go to data\talkactions\scripts and make mylist.lua. Inside it you paste this code.

Code:
function onSay(cid, words)
	local words = "Welcome!" ..
	"\n".. --! this adds a blank line !--
	"\nThis is a simple list" .. --! the \n starts a new line, must be inside quotes !--
	"\nEasy to edit" .. --! If you add a new line put the 2 ".." at the end.
	"\nEase to add to your server" --! Does not require ".." at the end of the last line. !--

doPlayerPopupFYI(cid, words)

return TRUE

end

Then save and run the server or do /reload talkactions and type !list and it will bring up a popup message that says the info you imput in the list..

This is aimed more towards noobs like me haha who are new to all this. Thanks for looking!

~rep~ if you like it :w00t:

Last edited:
Back