• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Teleport or Walk?

Teleport or Walk

• Total voters

SorketROrk

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

I've always wondered how hard it would be to balance the map when it comes to players choice regarding spawns.

• Do you guys like maps with 50 teleports near city?
  • Do you like to walk to the spawn? Possibly increasing the chance of you encountering new content or features along the way, more rpg style?

Maybe both?

Personally I do not like the idea of having too many teleports available right away, at the same time I do think that walking 45 min to get to the spawn is not in the best interest, people have limited time and would like to get things done in a faster phase.

My idea right now would be to implement few teleports, and mostly walking to spawns/quests, where you then do tasks/missions to be able to access a teleport to that place.

Feel free to describe how you think it would be best suited for you, and why!

Also, how does the majority think about this matter in your opinion?

Yours,
SRO

If you can travel by NPC then how is that different than using teleports?

Waypoints are the right way for big RPG maps. You have to explore the map and get to these waypoints first to unlock them but then feel free to fast travel. I see nothing wrong with this.

If you can travel by NPC then how is that different than using teleports?

Waypoints are the right way for big RPG maps. You have to explore the map and get to these waypoints first to unlock them but then feel free to fast travel. I see nothing wrong with this.
Most teleports on ots nowadays are just giving players stright access to wherever.

It is the same if the player were to talk to an NPC saying "hi, travel, yes" or whatever.. But you could add requirements for the npc to check, in form of finished quests and such.. I think some players would appreciate taking on a quest to get access to shortcuts.

Feel free to vote :)

I love long mysterious, maybe even dangerous walks to spawn. That is the best thing about tibia and im sure a large amount of us would agree on that, you never know what you're going to encounter. although that usually just means pks these days, since we are all familiar with rlmap thanks to it being a 20-year old game and rlmap ots being the meta for 10 years lol.

But for custom maps, there's a large amount of people willing to walk, however quality of life is always desirable, if it takes 45 mins to get there then you better make sure it's worth it. Waypoints are a really nice idea too, however you need to be careful not to make it too easy to unlock and use waypoints because then you're essentially locking newbies out of content they should otherwise be able to play.

I guess it depends what kind of players you want and what experience you want them to have. There's solid arguments for full tp ots, full 'rpg' ots and hybrids. Im sure with good game design and plenty of testing using feedback from a diverse group of players that it would be possible to have both tps, boats/npcs and long walks work nicely together, no reason to choose one or the other.

I'm not voting because the options don't include hybrids.

First u haven't to do it with money not p2y to access teleports such as premium /vip. U have to make some teleports maybe noob monsters from all levels but you might make a travel tp without backing tp. The teleports with missions or tasks may be for bosses or rare thing .. other tps maybe using waypoints if u got it u can go .. other idea if you got waypoint or make the quest you have to pay like 25 cc what ever how the money hard in your server for take this shortcuts but if u don't have cc to pay so u have to walk just it . Maybe making hunt open by time if u don't walk fast maybe boss dead or door closed or something alike

fast travel should always have a price. make them pay with gold coins.
Hmm.. pay with coins or with other items? :)

I was thinking, depending on the server ofc.. it is relatively easy to get money, what about another type of item that can be looted only on specific places where you must complete some type of quest?

I would like to implement few teleports here and there, but like ank tombs you might need a scarab coin to enter.

The item itself should be more difficult to get than scarab coin ofc :)

By looking at the votes I assume people like to unlock access or walk there, thats cool

Back