• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

teleport that get you to the city you are citizen

Sir MoX

Reaction score
hi, I need a single teleport that teleports you to where you are citizen (in my server are 3 cities)

any more information or something just ask

rep++ for your help, thanks

Code:
doTeleportThing(cid,getPlayerMasterPos(cid))

Let me know if you would like an example of how/where to add this (just let me know if the teleport should be a portal, switch or something else).

Cheers.

Last edited:
Lua:
function onStepIn(cid, item, fromPosition, itemEx, toPosition)
	return doTeleportThing(cid, getPlayerMasterPos(cid)) and true
end

im very noob in scripting could you do the full script please
Sure thing,

Example 1: Player steps on a magic forcefield (portal) that takes him/her to home city.

In your map, place item 9773 (same graphic as magic forcefield) and assign it an action ID not in use by your server. For this example I'll use AID 1234.

In movements.xml place the following line (remember, actionid="1234" is the example for this script, please use an AID not in use by your server);
Code:
[COLOR="#0000FF"]<movevent[/COLOR] [COLOR="#FF0000"]event[/COLOR]=[COLOR="#4B0082"]"StepIn"[/COLOR] [COLOR="#FF0000"]actionid[/COLOR]=[COLOR="#4B0082"]"[B]1234[/B]"[/COLOR] [COLOR="#FF0000"]script[/COLOR]=[COLOR="#4B0082"]"cityport.lua"[/COLOR]/>

Create a new file in data/movements/ called cityport.lua and place the following code in it;
Code:
[COLOR="#0000FF"]function[/COLOR] onStepIn(cid, item, position, fromPosition)
     doSendMagicEffect(getCreaturePosition(cid), [COLOR="#FFA500"]10[/COLOR]) [COLOR="#008000"]-- This line displays a magic effect where the player teleports FROM (as it occures BEFORE the teleport line).[/COLOR]
     doTeleportThing(cid,getPlayerMasterPos(cid)) [COLOR="#008000"]-- This line teleports the player (cid) to their home city (getPlayerMasterPos(cid)).[/COLOR]
     doSendMagicEffect(getCreaturePosition(cid), [COLOR="#FFA500"]10[/COLOR]) [COLOR="#008000"]-- This line displays a magic effect where the player teleports TO (as it occured AFTER the teleport line).[/COLOR]
     [COLOR="#0000FF"]return true[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000FF"]end[/COLOR]

Example 2: Player flips a switch that teleports them to their home city.

In your map, place item 1945 (switch) and assign it an action ID not is use by your server. For this example I'll use AID 1234.

In actions.xml place the following line (remember, actionid="1234" is the example for this script, please use an AID not in use by your server);
Code:
[COLOR="#0000FF"]<action[/COLOR] [COLOR="#FF0000"]actionid[/COLOR]=[COLOR="#4B0082"]"1234"[/COLOR] [COLOR="#FF0000"]script[/COLOR]=[COLOR="#4B0082"]"other/cityport.lua"[/COLOR][COLOR="#0000FF"]/>[/COLOR]

Create a new file in data/actions/other called cityport.lua and place the following code in it;
Code:
[COLOR="#0000FF"]function[/COLOR] onUse(cid, item, frompos, item2, topos)
     doSendMagicEffect(getCreaturePosition(cid), [COLOR="#FFA500"]10[/COLOR]) [COLOR="#008000"]-- This line displays a magic effect where the player teleports FROM (as it occures BEFORE the teleport line).[/COLOR]
     doTeleportThing(cid,getPlayerMasterPos(cid)) [COLOR="#008000"]-- This line teleports the player (cid) to their home city (getPlayerMasterPos(cid)).[/COLOR]
     doSendMagicEffect(getCreaturePosition(cid), [COLOR="#FFA500"]10[/COLOR]) [COLOR="#008000"]-- This line displays a magic effect where the player teleports TO (as it occured AFTER the teleport line).[/COLOR]
     [COLOR="#0000FF"]if[/COLOR] item.itemid == [COLOR="#FFA500"]1945[/COLOR] then [COLOR="#008000"]-- Checks position of switch.[/COLOR]
          doTransformItem(item.uid, [COLOR="#FFA500"]1946[/COLOR]) [COLOR="#008000"]-- If switch is in position 1945 then transform to 1946.[/COLOR]
     [COLOR="#0000FF"]else[/COLOR]
          doTransformItem(item.uid, [COLOR="#FFA500"]1945[/COLOR]) [COLOR="#008000"]-- Otherwise transform switch back to 1945.[/COLOR]
     [COLOR="#0000FF"]return true[/COLOR] 

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom