• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Test forum

JoccE

CopyLeft (ɔ)
Solutions
Reaction score
Think this was up once before, but i think it is a very useful function on forums :)

For example if you are working on 2-3 tutorials and 2-3 Adverts/Jobs/Markets

You can use the test forum and have them in before you are done. (You can only see your own threads in that part)

I know for example that OT Fans had this a while back :p

Used it a lot when i was actively making tutorials.

Dont know about others but i like to work on my "Tutorial" and ads for a couple of days before actually releasing it, and this way you can save them and see how they look like, even use different computers.

Yours JoccE

This could be useful!
I remember I used this if it was a tutorial I was going to publish on OTFans.

I've used it multiple times at OTFans and it's damn useful, I don't see any reason not to. If this proposition is turned down because of some lame reason like "you can save it in a word file" or something like that, then... no idea, you gotta be an idiot to turn it down.

Yes exactly :p

You can see all your if we call them "beta post"

You could also use this to experiment with signaturs and so one

I like it, and I can totally see the use, and using the Notepad is just lame lol

It's a nice idea but there's also a WYSIWYG editor, though the testing phase is what I like about this, signed ;)

It's a nice idea but there's also a WYSIWYG editor, though the testing phase is what I like about this, signed ;)
WYSIWYG editor is good for smaller things, but if its something that takes a long time to write, people have to save it in a notepad, then paste it when they want to work on it again, which is a pain and totally lame :p

I noticed with WYSIWYG is weird when you're doing URL's
I tend to send Private messages to myself if I am testing things though ^_^

2i8iwrs.png

I think the problem here is convenience, the preview post is a good feature if you're using it short term, however a Test Forum which we could allow members to move their thread after they're done testing it to the correct board would work very well in the long term. (Long term I would class as a few days)

Maybe allow double posting inside that board as well. Else it would be problematic if you're for example writing a big tutorial that requires multiple posts. I like laying out the post amount instantly so I can edit everything at once.

Dno but, isnt "preview post" enough? Its a nice idea for a feature but not sure if its necessery when you can just press preview post to see the outcome. I also agree to wat zisly just said, enable double posting for thread creator ;]

I just want to notice one thing, it won't be possible for members to move topics in or out of that board because it would require moderators position.
Otherwise, there are no other problems.

To my understanding the point is to get the "perfect" bbcode from editing a post multiple times to get a thread to look the way they want it. :p

So np.

PS. Postcount shouldn't go up on a board like that.
Red

I just want to notice one thing, it won't be possible for members to move topics in or out of that board because it would require moderators position.
Otherwise, there are no other problems.

I'd say that this part doesn't really matter, they can always report the post and request it to be moved after it's finally ready :)