• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[TFS 0.3.6] Crash on startup - problem with spawning npc.

Gothrim

Reaction score
Hi there - i'll try to talk shortly.
One week ago I started to build mine next open tibia server on The Forgotten Server 0.3.6. Nothing special - few easy systems, some easy chain quests, own map and my own bestiary.
Since first day we are testing it with friends and got a lot of fun with it but today something has changed.
I have done next place - a big swamps with 4 new kind of monsters, I restarted server and it crashed... And crashed again - restarted pc without effect. Well - i've looked at the console and server is crashing after loading a map(map loaded, spawns not) and started investigation in spawn file. After 20 minutes of searching wrong tags i've deleted the file and tried to build spawns from the begining. I placed npcs, slimes(the weakest mob in my bestiary), saved it and try again and it crashed again - then i started to delete monster types randomly. I've thinked, that if there is any bug if lua, or xml code the console will return it - in that case this crashes were strange.

After few test's I deleted all npcs spawn and leaved monsters alone and guess what? It started softly, without any problems.

Server is crashing only, when on map is spawning even one npc.
I don't change anything with npc file, only map has grown a 110kbs. Any solutions?

edit:
I promise - i'll add some screenshoots from map and gameplay if this crap will run again ;)
(And abviously rep)

edit2:
Now i'm sure that the npc codes are right. I have tried to spawn by /n command and they work fine. But this isnt mine bugfix ;<

Last edited:
Obviously, if the crashes occures right after you created a few new creatures.
Something is wrong with the creatures script.

Or you are using a bugged .exe file, try to re-compile it as well!
Do you experience any error message in your console?

As i said - there were no problem with npc and oscript. I have tried to spawn all npcs and monsters manually and they don't occur any crash. Server were crashing only if in xxx-spawn.xml there were npc, like the tfs can't spawn... And there were no error in console - right after map loaded tfs were crashing.

Actually everything is working right. You'll don't belive it, i just deleted the wrong annihilator code, that was giving me and error in console since i started to get fun with working on ots, because i wanted to make you some screens that will explain a bit mine problem. I added npcs, started server without any bugs in console... It loaded map and npc and don't crashed. I hope this crash will not return.

The only thing i can say - Thank you for your wasted time :) I aprreciate your tryings.

if you have your server backed up all you have to do is delete the tfs.exe and replace it and should work again because there is a bug in it started happening to me when i tried to add action id to gnomebase entrance to use bigfoot burden by the hide hope this helps someone and for you in the future

Tip: Create new rar or zip file put the intire ot serv folder with everything in it to the new rar or zip and create new backups every few days if you are editing alot of files and you can use mediafire to upload your backups just incase your comp crashes

i date my files ex. Otserv Backup 2-9-2013 that way i know which is most recent.

Last edited:
Back