• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient [TFS 0.3.6] OTClient getting Ping

potinho

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone, everything good?

I have a Retro server (TFS 0.3.6) and I use OTClient with a custom RSA Key. My question is: can I make the OTClient get the ping from the server? I saw some posts on the subject, that I have to change something in the sources but I wasn't sure what it would be.

1632260693966.png

Do you use OTCv8? There is official commit (for TFS 1.x+) to add 'better ping' to server:

You will also need to enable that 'feature' in client. It should be configurable somewhere in client Lua.

Do you use OTCv8? There is official commit (for TFS 1.x+) to add 'better ping' to server:

You will also need to enable that 'feature' in client. It should be configurable somewhere in client Lua.
Mine TFS is 0.3.6, is there a chance to work? Using OTCv8.

Why are u using 0.3.6? Whats the reason?
If there's not a good reason for it then just leave 0.3.6
You wont get any good support with 0.3.6
I tried to upgrade to TFS 1.3, but i'm beginner in those things. My server had a lot of actions and mods, for me its easier try to FIX the old tfs, i dont know how to pass a 7.72 OTserv to an actual TFS =/

If im not wrong Nekiro has released 7.72 Support with TFS 1.4
Edit: yes he did

If I were you I would change
You will just have problems with 0.3.6 prob. Its a buged distro

If im not wrong Nekiro has released 7.72 Support with TFS 1.4
Edit: yes he did

If I were you I would change
You will just have problems with 0.3.6 prob. Its a buged distro
I understand, but I'm such a beginner, I wouldn't know where to start. Like, for example, making my map run in this version. If you can give me some lessons, I would be very grateful.

Aslong your map is 7.72 it will work on the newer version aswell if im not wrong
Feel free to check out the tutorials on otland
There are many tutorials which will help you to change without any problem at all :D
First of all you should setup the tfs 1.4 and once you are done you can use the support and we can convert scripts for you

Aslong your map is 7.72 it will work on the newer version aswell if im not wrong
Feel free to check out the tutorials on otland
There are many tutorials which will help you to change without any problem at all :D
First of all you should setup the tfs 1.4 and once you are done you can use the support and we can convert scripts for you
i will try, thanks for atention and for the tips!

You have Othire and Nostalrius distros for 7.72 too.
Getting them to work properly is more work than downgrading on your own.
Recommending these to a newcomer is straight-up sadistic.

Don't cut corners guys or you'll hurt yourself 🙄
Especially if you are new, you shouldn't use outdated software that is no longer maintained.
I tried to upgrade to TFS 1.3, but i'm beginner in those things. My server had a lot of actions and mods, for me its easier try to FIX the old tfs, i dont know how to pass a 7.72 OTserv to an actual TFS =/
Is it actually?
1.4 has compat that will allow you to use 0.4ish functions, but if you want to go further with your coding adventure, you have to adapt to the change.
I recommend you refactor them anyway and remember to ask questions if any arose during doing so - I'm sure there will be loads of people ready to help you for forum karma haha

Getting them to work properly is more work than downgrading on your own.
Recommending these to a newcomer is straight-up sadistic.

Don't cut corners guys or you'll hurt yourself 🙄
Especially if you are new, you shouldn't use outdated software that is no longer maintained.

Is it actually?
1.4 has compat that will allow you to use 0.4ish functions, but if you want to go further with your coding adventure, you have to adapt to the change.
I recommend you refactor them anyway and remember to ask questions if any arose during doing so - I'm sure there will be loads of people ready to help you for forum karma haha
Yes, when it comes to Othire at least, it's a lot of work to make it work properly, and a lot more if you want to have a global rl map (not with Nostalrius i.e), but if a newcomer wanna learn, it's a valid and good way to go, you can't discard those options.

Back