• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

tfs 1.0 for 8.6

Ive been working on one for a while, was planing on doing a github project but since most of the community was aginst it I decided to keep it to myself.
When the server is done and Gesior has took a look over the code I might release it, even if most of the community is aginst it, alot of 8.6 server owners did contact me and voted in the poll that they wanted it and would use it.
Its a big advantage of running the same script system, mainly since you can take a script, lets say DHQ scripts from printers rlmap project and just copy paste it to your 8.6 server (just an example.)

I think I need to rephrase what I said before to "Yes it exists, no one wants to give it to you. Many people still opose it."
I answered his question, i was not aruge with you :p So it's right it does not exsist in otland :3

Ive been working on one for a while, was planing on doing a github project but since most of the community was aginst it I decided to keep it to myself.
When the server is done and Gesior has took a look over the code I might release it, even if most of the community is aginst it, alot of 8.6 server owners did contact me and voted in the poll that they wanted it and would use it.
Its a big advantage of running the same script system, mainly since you can take a script, lets say DHQ scripts from printers rlmap project and just copy paste it to your 8.6 server (just an example.)
True alot of the quests which is on github orts, will work on the downgraded version. But i would love to see people to move on. Instead getting stuck :/

I answered his question, i was not aruge with you :p So it's right it does not exsist in otland :3

True alot of the quests which is on github orts, will work on the downgraded version. But i would love to see people to move on. Instead getting stuck :/

Well ofc I feel the same, but there are servers who allow botting, eg. masiyah. And there is alot of missing things on 10.x > due to cipsoft removing things, tfs 1.0 is also missing alot of major things - even tho Evil~ created another "rev" with things like that added.
The majority of the part of why im doing this is to get an old server that I had, an 8.60 evolution map that I feel work great with 8.60, 8.40 well any rev below 8.70.
And a major thing if I release this is that other 8.6 servers will be stable since 1.0 is more stable then 0.4/0.3 etc. while still having the functions they had.

About the "getting stuck" thing, well some like bear while someone else might like whisky or wine etc. :p

Well ofc I feel the same, but there are servers who allow botting, eg. masiyah. And there is alot of missing things on 10.x > due to cipsoft removing things, tfs 1.0 is also missing alot of major things - even tho Evil~ created another "rev" with things like that added.
The majority of the part of why im doing this is to get an old server that I had, an 8.60 evolution map that I feel work great with 8.60, 8.40 well any rev below 8.70.
And a major thing if I release this is that other 8.6 servers will be stable since 1.0 is more stable then 0.4/0.3 etc. while still having the functions they had.

About the "getting stuck" thing, well some like bear while someone else might like whisky or wine etc. :p

Evil is definitely not the only one who mas made another "rev" as you said. Nor is he the only one who is working on custom things if that's what you mean about major things. If not, well tfs has many talented developers working on it and with it, so if you are missing major things they should be easy to find and remake for yourself, or with anything be patient. There are commits, pull requests, issues, all of these things done daily on github for forgottenserver 1.0 and 1.1

Evil is definitely not the only one who mas made another "rev" as you said. Nor is he the only one who is working on custom things if that's what you mean about major things. If not, well tfs has many talented developers working on it and with it, so if you are missing major things they should be easy to find and remake for yourself, or with anything be patient. There are commits, pull requests, issues, all of these things done daily on github for forgottenserver 1.0 and 1.1

You think I said he is the only one who has a "diffrent" tfs then the main repo? Then no, I said he is the only one who has created another "rev" = released it, idc if you have done changes to your server since it dosen't help me or others. It helps you. Compared to what Evil did with releasing the things, with that helping others.
I have 4 tfs versions of my own, but they aren't released.

You think I said he is the only one who has a "diffrent" tfs then the main repo? Then no, I said he is the only one who has created another "rev" = released it, idc if you have done changes to your server since it dosen't help me or others. It helps you. Compared to what Evil did with releasing the things, with that helping others.
I have 4 tfs versions of my own, but they aren't released.

You have a very good point!
You are correct sir, you didn't say forks or repositories, you did say "rev"...

SIDENOTE: people would be better off helping themselves out by following forks on github and watching code become implemented and learn how it works and how to implement the same code for themselves, that would be of more help. However as far as it goes for helping people with making custom ot and just having all the functions there available for it, all ready in one download. Yes you are correct, there aren't so many of those here to help in such a way....

Yes it exsist, in my hard drive for client version 8.6, 8.0, 7.72, 7.4. No i won't release it. Move on!
I really want to learn how you downgrade tfs 1.0 but should wait cus you (and maybe others) don't want to release his knowledge, well will wait until you do

I really want to learn how you downgrade tfs 1.0 but should wait cus you (and maybe others) don't want to release his knowledge, well will wait until you do

Maybe you should look at the multiple protocol files that are in the source??? Maybe even find some tutorials on how other's have changed other disto's into the client version they wanted?

‏@‏‎codinablack it's a good point ‎,‎ but you should know most of tibia users these days are kids and they won't waste thier time for such a thing .
BTW i've tried once and i really were very near to finish and suddenly my brother's daughter formatted partition xD.
Every thing gone :| i thought i will kill her , and i made the downgrade with different way because i didn't changed old revs like others . But i created new lua file and make server read it to make all new tfs functions equal all old functions because i still like old scripting system :p
anyway i think i will try to make a server because i don't wanna waste my time more
also maybe i will see if i will release it or not , but ofc. if i released it i won't release it with my edit
It will be just a unique downgraded tfs
So if there still issuse at github in main tfs u should learn how to merge because i won't help all the time

But i will try to re-start downgrading again just when i be free because i'm suffering from many problem of that dam life :/

You can learn by doing things, just like me. Ive had a crap load of errors while compiling but just remember to read the error log 2-3 times and you will find out what the compiler is telling you.
Ive gotten a long way even if I now have to update the code from rev updates from the main repo.

If I team could get together we could actully use definitions to make the tfs able to host on any version posible, just like the guy who started with downgrading to 7.x revs.
But due to that most users who have knowledge either wants a big pay check for it or stay with the latest rev it will most likely not happen.

And the feedback I got in my thread was mainly that "users can use 0.3/0.4", well yes... But what I wanna get out from this is that if I rewrite all spells ex. I wanna be able to use the exori code or w/e code on my 8.6 server aswell as my 10.41 servers, without needing backup from compat.lua.

You can learn by doing things, just like me. Ive had a crap load of errors while compiling but just remember to read the error log 2-3 times and you will find out what the compiler is telling you.
Ive gotten a long way even if I now have to update the code from rev updates from the main repo.

If I team could get together we could actully use definitions to make the tfs able to host on any version posible, just like the guy who started with downgrading to 7.x revs.
But due to that most users who have knowledge either wants a big pay check for it or stay with the latest rev it will most likely not happen.

And the feedback I got in my thread was mainly that "users can use 0.3/0.4", well yes... But what I wanna get out from this is that if I rewrite all spells ex. I wanna be able to use the exori code or w/e code on my 8.6 server aswell as my 10.41 servers, without needing backup from compat.lua.
Almost all i know about life and ots is by doing things, just started with lua now I love this, ots and ppl here teached me lot of things and im really proud of that and they know it and thats why i said my "will wait" is "will learn a lot of this and wait till u release it to learn more"
btw thanks for the feedback <3

Summary of all: There is like having tfs 1.0 to 8.6, but only with non-public servers of people who do not want to make it available for download. Okay.

Summary of all: There is like having tfs 1.0 to 8.6, but only with non-public servers of people who do not want to make it available for download. Okay.

Afaik no one has converted 1.0 to 8.60. Ive heard of people trying with it, but none has succeded as of yet.
There is a huge diffrent with changing the server version name compared to actually using another server version.

as i said i will restart convert again but with clean source -.-
i'll test it first to be sure there is no debugs or such a thing like that
i will just remove few things that not exist in 8.60 like mounts + browse field , etc...
i will keep the offline training and will remove market

but it will be just a remove and edit with clean source

but things like other feature or any issues idc. because i'm not going to fix it
just follow github then to check if it fixed or not
and u need to be smart to understand where was that bug to fix without change files -_- and then compile again

i think it's fair enough to keep off train atleast
i remember that @J.Dre request it for 100 Euros .. and i will give it for free :| so don't think i will do anything more

Back