• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[TFS 1.0] (xml) Son of Verminor outfit not changing (and others)

X X X

Newb
Reaction score
I've already tried searching for similar issues and I have found nothing similar to this issue.

The problem is pretty simple, I noticed that the monster "Son of Verminor" doesn't change his outfit like he is supposed to. In real Tibia he is supposed to change between a slime, a rat, a scorpion and a larva.

This seems like a pretty simple scipt, but for some reason he will only change into the scorpion. Nothing else.
My code for him is as follows:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<monster name="Son of Verminor" nameDescription="a son of verminor" race="venom" experience="5900" speed="120" manacost="0">
    <health now="8500" max="8500"/>
    <look type="19" corpse="1496"/>
    <targetchange interval="5000" chance="8"/>
    <strategy attack="100" defense="0"/>
    <flags>
        <flag summonable="0"/>
        <flag attackable="1"/>
        <flag hostile="1"/>
        <flag illusionable="0"/>
        <flag convinceable="0"/>
        <flag pushable="0"/>
        <flag canpushitems="1"/>
        <flag canpushcreatures="0"/>
        <flag targetdistance="1"/>
        <flag staticattack="90"/>
        <flag runonhealth="0"/>
    </flags>
    <attacks>
        <attack name="melee" interval="2000" poison="450" attack="90" skill="95"/>
        <attack name="poison" max="-200" chance="20" interval="2000" min="-150" target="1" range="7">
            <attribute value="poison" key="shootEffect"/>
        </attack>
        <attack name="poison" max="-390" chance="15" interval="2000" min="-350" target="0" radius="3">
            <attribute value="poison" key="areaEffect"/>
        </attack>
        <attack name="poison" max="-270" chance="15" interval="2000" min="-220" target="0" radius="3">
            <attribute value="greenspark" key="areaEffect"/>
        </attack>
        <attack name="outfit" interval="5000" radius="1" chance="10" monster="rat" duration="6000">
            <attribute key="areaEffect" value="greenbubble"/>
        </attack>
        <attack name="outfit" interval="5000" radius="1" chance="10" monster="larva" duration="6000">
        </attack>
        <attack name="outfit" interval="5000" radius="1" chance="10" monster="scorpion" duration="6000">
        </attack>
        <attack name="outfit" interval="5000" radius="1" chance="10" monster="slime" duration="6000">
        </attack>
    </attacks>
    <defenses defense="20" armor="20">
        <defense name="healing" max="350" chance="20" interval="2000" min="250">
            <attribute value="greenshimmer" key="areaEffect"/>
        </defense>
    </defenses>
    <elements>
        <element physicalPercent="20"/>
        <element icePercent="10"/>
        <element holyPercent="-20"/>
    </elements>
    <immunities>
        <immunity earth="1"/>
        <immunity fire="1"/>
        <immunity energy="1"/>
        <immunity death="1"/>
    </immunities>
    <voices interval="5000" chance="10">
        <voice sentence="Blubb"/>
    </voices>
</monster>

The outfit change was originally set as a "defense" and not an attack on the Son of Verminor script, I thought maybe that was the issue. I looked at the Halloween Hare's script (because I remember that one working) and the outfit changes were set as "attacks" so I changed the Son of Verminor script to "attacks" as well, but no change. Still only the scorpion worked.

However I noticed that with the Halloween Hare, not all of the outfits work. There is ~17 different outfit changes scripted in but he will only do about half of them. It seems as though the xml code doesn't recognize certain "monster=" tags? Which is weird because these are all normal, basic monsters. For example, bats, crabs and ghosts all work, but orc, snake, larva, rat do not.

No error codes in CMD window, and I can see the "effect" (the "greenbubble") graphic on the Son of Verminor, but his outfit doesn't change (except for Scorpion).

Any ideas as to why only certain (seemingly random) creatures can be used in outfit-changing attacks/defenses?

Again, I've searched the forums for almost two hours with different keywords, didn't see anything similar. If this is somewhere and I did just miss it or search the wrong thing, point me in the right direction. Again, TFS 1.0

Thank you

I also had the same problem and I tried searching for solution. I didn't find any, but I dealt with it myself. Even though this topic is old, and the original author doesn't seem to care anymore, I'm leaving solution for people like me for the future:

Make sure that your "rat" entry in monsters.xml is earlier than other monsters with string "rat" in their names, for example "the obliveRATor" and it will help.

Back