• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.1 [10.77] (Windows 7,8) (32 Bit & 64 Bit)

I know that, but the users that has 1.0 got it from tibiaking.
1.1 has been stable for me and I try to update it weekly atleast, it has been rare that I have had any issues at all.

And there is reason at all to not use the nightlies builds, if no one did it how do you expect to get the bugs reported?

Yes, but what brought 1.0 or tibiaking into this discussion? The thread is about 1.1. The downloads in this thread are pointing to the official 1.1 releases on GitHub.

Yes, but what brought 1.0 or tibiaking into this discussion? The thread is about 1.1. The downloads in this thread are pointing to the official 1.1 releases on GitHub.

Yes but you said that the releases on nightlies might be unstable and that is why I included 1.0 from tibiaking in.
Insted of updating the protocol users started using it and because of a "wrong" otb file they won't update, that is atleast my POV on it.

And once again, there is no reason to actually not update to the latest versions, if no one does it and stays with the older "releases" the bugs will never be found and the releases will still have the bugs in them since they won't be found during the "creation time".

We can take in 0.4 with this aswell, if users stayd with 0.3, 0.4 would never had gotten any bug fixes pretty much, since everyone would use 0.3 since it was the latest stable version.

This is client 10.77 and What do you mean with "ACCOUNT GOD"? You need to setup a website and create a character. And give it group_id 3 and account type 5.

I'm downloaded my sourcecode from nightlies website. Don't see any problems.

I updated to the latest one today and found that there was a slight typo in items.xml that sorta broke some stuff. Not every commit has obvious bugs, but some do, and that is why I download the nightlies and update my data folder on every commit :3 if I could afford it, I'd bounty things as well :p

I updated to the latest one today and found that there was a slight typo in items.xml that sorta broke some stuff. Not every commit has obvious bugs, but some do, and that is why I download the nightlies and update my data folder on every commit :3 if I could afford it, I'd bounty things as well :p

Well everything can have bugs, it really is imposible to check for everything and the risk is even higher when anyone can contribute to it, "for better or worse".
Luckily Mark checks most of the code, today that slipped through but he found alot of things :p
One thing that I really laughed at was the:
if(math.random(1) == 7)
:p
*no offence*

Ohhhh it's very possible to check for everything. In most video game companies, the QA team does just that. All day. Every day. For weeks, even months. It's not fun. :p The question of the matter is, "How highly do you value your sanity?" If you answered, "Not at all," then you can find every single bug :p @WibbenZ

Ohhhh it's very possible to check for everything. In most video game companies, the QA team does just that. All day. Every day. For weeks, even months. It's not fun. :p The question of the matter is, "How highly do you value your sanity?" If you answered, "Not at all," then you can find every single bug :p @WibbenZ

Doubt anyone spends most of the day checking the code 20 times to find the bugs.
Would be a diffrent thing if you could live of the server, in that case you see it as a work and feel forced to actually make it as good as posible.

For OTs well lets just say it's for fun, I check the script once or twice unless there is a bug was found.

I test every feature of every script I make, in every possible combination and order of execution. I fix any immediate bugs, then test every feature again, until I find no issues, then I read over the script line by line and check for typos, uncaught bugs, and whether I find any issues or not, I do one final test. I spend anywhere from 8-16 hours a day coding and/or testing sometimes. I don't much value my sanity. :p

I test every feature of every script I make, in every possible combination and order of execution. I fix any immediate bugs, then test every feature again, until I find no issues, then I read over the script line by line and check for typos, uncaught bugs, and whether I find any issues or not, I do one final test. I spend anywhere from 8-16 hours a day coding and/or testing sometimes. I don't much value my sanity. :p
we should work together on same server. spending 6-12 hour per day scripting too.

JUST SO U GUYS KNOW, MY REAL TIBIA ACCOUNT WAS HACKED 2 DAYS AFTER DOWNLOADING THIS.

DONT DOWNLOAD THIS.

Last edited by a moderator:
JUST SO U GUYS KNOW, MY REAL TIBIA ACCOUNT WAS HACKED 2 DAYS AFTER DOWNLOADING THIS.

DONT DOWNLOAD THIS.
It's the official release, it's the same as https://otland.net/threads/the-forgotten-server-1-1.232064/ he probable posted it here so more people will see it.
I suggest to do a virusscan if you think you got hacked in this way.
Note that if the virusscanner detecs The Forgotten Server.exe as a virus, it's most likely a false positive, with official releases you can be sure it is (which means it's save and you can just add it as an exception).

Back