• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

CreatureEvent [TFS 1.1] Advanced Alchemy System - ModalWindows

Last edited:
Thanks will test later after I eat and the babies sleep! Appreciate the quickness/response

Like my previous comment on your crafting system. Simply amazing and its easy to reconize that you stepped up your design a notch. The whole system is not only built on an stable foundation but the design and implementation is over the top. I'm looking forward with playing with this! Top notch quality release!

As a sidenote i'm also a big fan of the Oblivion alchemy system, or Skyrim as in your case. Spent probably atleast a half years work on modding Oblivion and its alchemy system was actually a part i spent alot of time on. Tho the whole process got complicated due in the end i had to run everything on single core/hyperthread with extreme clock frequencies, ramdisks and ofcourse the nuisance of handling the entire 60 gigabyte game folder on smaller SSD discs where a single file misstake could ruin everything.

Like my previous comment on your crafting system. Simply amazing and its easy to reconize that you stepped up your design a notch. The whole system is not only built on an stable foundation but the design and implementation is over the top. I'm looking forward with playing with this! Top notch quality release!

As a sidenote i'm also a big fan of the Oblivion alchemy system, or Skyrim as in your case. Spent probably atleast a half years work on modding Oblivion and its alchemy system was actually a part i spent alot of time on. Tho the whole process got complicated due in the end i had to run everything on single core/hyperthread with extreme clock frequencies, ramdisks and ofcourse the nuisance of handling the entire 60 gigabyte game folder on smaller SSD discs where a single file misstake could ruin everything.
Always nice to hear that people appreciate my work :p
Glad you like it

By the way, do you have any good examples on the new features on TFS 1.1 and TFS 1.2 compared to 1.0? I cannot say that i comprehend the differences as well as i would like as i do fear that i will waste hours on something completly outdated and meaningless! I do plan to play around alot with this but first i'm going to make some more research into the following:

Lua based loot system (either full or as an addition to the ordinary drops)
Placing enchantments on equipment, either permanent or temporary.
Different tiers of items like zbizu's ultimate item system.
Manipulating summoned monsters stats like a basic pet system.

By the way, do you have any good examples on the new features on TFS 1.1 and TFS 1.2 compared to 1.0? I cannot say that i comprehend the differences as well as i would like as i do fear that i will waste hours on something completly outdated and meaningless! I do plan to play around alot with this but first i'm going to make some more research into the following:

Lua based loot system (either full or as an addition to the ordinary drops)
Placing enchantments on equipment, either permanent or temporary.
Different tiers of items like zbizu's ultimate item system.
Manipulating summoned monsters stats like a basic pet system.
Well, depending on how you want the loot system to work, it is sort of possible to manipulate loot in lua. Kind of a hacky method. I wrote a bit of a source edit to allow increased loot chance by accessing a player stat (luck) and using it to calculate the likelihood of each individual drop so that the chance can be increased or decreased on the fly. It also supports adding luck to items, so it will display (You see a sword. (Luck + 10). It weighs blablabla.). As for the enchanting system, I do plan on making one at some point. I'm not sure I'd make a tier system but I imagine it couldn't be too difficult. Summon stats, I haven't even looked into anything along those lines.

I'm just looking for a easier interface to handle bigger loot systems that would support easy and subtle changes. Handling alot of crafting/alchemy items can be a chore!

By the way, i had these lines in my 001_04_compat.lua that caused quite some crashes with your potion system.

TALKTYPE_MONSTER = 34
TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY = 34
TALKTYPE_MONSTER_YELL = 35
MESSAGE_LOOT = 20

Last edited:
I know it's been a long time, but thank you for this amazing system RazorBlade.

I have one question, I managed to brew the potions by chance, I can't seem to learn the recipes...
Anyone have a clue?

Thanks!

id like to use diffrent items how do i change that
Actions
actions.xml:
add any ingredients you want to use here. If there is any conflict, you'll have to add the code from alchemy.lua to whatever script uses the ingredient you're trying to use.
Code:
<action itemid="5881" script="custom/alchemy.lua"/>
<action itemid="5898" script="custom/alchemy.lua"/>
<action itemid="5902" script="custom/alchemy.lua"/>
<action itemid="5920" script="custom/alchemy.lua"/>

read the first page of this thread all its there

Actions
actions.xml:
add any ingredients you want to use here. If there is any conflict, you'll have to add the code from alchemy.lua to whatever script uses the ingredient you're trying to use.
Code:
<action itemid="5881" script="custom/alchemy.lua"/>
<action itemid="5898" script="custom/alchemy.lua"/>
<action itemid="5902" script="custom/alchemy.lua"/>
<action itemid="5920" script="custom/alchemy.lua"/>

read the first page of this thread all its there
sorry should have been more specific i meant instead of the sacred bowl 12289 i would like to use item 3695

Back