• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.2 Crash Database task crash

It has been already discussed in another thread. Try to update mariadb.
Post automatically merged:

It has been already discussed in another thread. Try to update mariadb.
Post automatically merged:

Im googling it and it says, you can fuck something up badly if you do it improperly. And i cant find proper terminal commands in every tutorial it says different shit

I wrote you that you should in the first place try to upgrade database. Noone has a crystal ball to see what os you have and what is your current situation.
What I can suggest to you, is to make a backup of your current database. You can do it by copying MySQL data directory (usually /var/lib/mysql) or dumping the whole database content using mysqldump with some set of arguments (you can google that). The second thing is to copy somewhere the whole MySQL configuration from /etc/mysql. Both just to keep your data secure in case of an unsuccessful upgrade process.

When you have everything backed up, then you should turn off the database (notice apps that use the database won't work properly during the maintenance window). Then you should remove old mariadb, add related repositories and install new mariadb version.

Here you have some tutorial:

Keep in mind that newer MySQL versions might come with some incompatibilities and some fixes might be needed to be applied to your apps or database configuration. It means that if there are already working apps and they have to be running properly then maybe you should try to perform all these steps on a different machine and prepare all necessary fixes before doing it in a production environment.

Also... Probably upgrading MariaDB the way that is presented in the above link would work properly keeping all your current data.

Back