• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

GlobalEvent [TFS 1.2] Hunger Games Event [with maps]

wops, i forgot a couple of debugging print() lines in there. just removed them ^^

Great work!!

about the map...
Unsupported client version! (8)

can you please save in version 10.41 or 10.77?

why dont we (brz) have such skilled guys like you and other ones in here in our community .. sure that we have but most of them dont use to share their good works .. :) i might become one in an unknown future 3:) who knows :p

Amzing Job.. didnt tested yet but i'll

Cheers

Hey man @Karain .. do you have any clue about the problem with not getting items back after event? i made some test and sometimes even going to depot 10x after server have been open and some items just dont get back.. isnt always.. but sure it could make ppl really angry :p

i dont have skills to but hbu? :D anyway ppl in there where i shared your system loved it.. some are evem thinking about turn into a mod/war system :D

well, the script will not pull the items from there unless a player has opened the depot atleast once.

try to make an accessible depot somewhere where the players can use it and it should help solve the problem indirectly. i am thinking of another way to move the items back to players.

The weird thing is that i've made some testes with 3 different accounts and not always.. even going many times i had the problem, also another guy who sent me pm about.. thats why i came here to post a comment.. anyway.. isnt always, i asked some other guy who tested about it and nothing.. appear to be a really rare case with no console errors .. but still amazing

i like to make 'stress test' to find bug/problems.. :D

once again, thanks :)

Error:
NjNO4Jh.png

@Karain have you updated the main post with a new hunger.lua? this guy is using based on the one that i shared, so i must update there in order to prevent another one having the same problem :) .. well i didnt tried to kill another before start haha :p

Thanks

//I saw now there a change in your creaturescripts/scripts/hunger.lua i'll update.. didnt noticed cuz theres no changelog :p haha :D still amazing :D

yea i updated XD i should say which files were edited in the changelog to make your life a bit easier :p

yea i updated XD i should say which files were edited in the changelog to make your life a bit easier :p
haha isnt to make my life easier hahahaha by doing that will help everyone who doesnt pay attention to post edit date (like me) hahahaha
My bad for not paying attention to any update in the main thread

Anyway thanks for :D

if someone get a DEBUG in client when comes the broadcast that start the game, need to change the lines with broadcastMessage to Game.broadcastMessage(MESSAGE_EVENT_ADVANCE, 'text from the script')

Last edited:
If you have any bugs, optimizations, possible features, please let me know.

Known Bugs:
Code:
- previous items held in will not be returned to the player after the event, even tho they are loaded into the map and script, they do work if the player have visited said depot box atleast once in his session/server session.

@Karain you were really close to fix that bug! It's solved now. I just added a clone function :) Now it works 100% with or without opening depot :) Thank you for sharing the event i love it :)
Code:
function Player:getBackItems() -- function to clear the player's inventory
  local depotpos = Tile(Position(depotbox.x, depotbox.y, depotbox.z)):getItemByType(ITEM_TYPE_DEPOT)
  local depotid = getDepotId(depotpos:getUniqueId())
  local depot = self:getDepotChest(depotid,true)
  local box = depot:getItem(0)
  for i= box:getSize()-1, 0, -1 do
  local item = box:getItem(i)
  if item then
  item:clone():moveTo(self)
  end
  end
  box:remove() --unqued this function to clean the depot after duplicating it to player.
end

@Karain you were really close to fix that bug! It's solved now. I just added a clone function :) Now it works 100% with or without opening depot :) Thank you for sharing the event i love it :)
Code:
function Player:getBackItems() -- function to clear the player's inventory
  local depotpos = Tile(Position(depotbox.x, depotbox.y, depotbox.z)):getItemByType(ITEM_TYPE_DEPOT)
  local depotid = getDepotId(depotpos:getUniqueId())
  local depot = self:getDepotChest(depotid,true)
  local box = depot:getItem(0)
  for i= box:getSize()-1, 0, -1 do
  local item = box:getItem(i)
  if item then
  item:clone():moveTo(self)
  end
  end
  box:remove() --unqued this function to clean the depot after duplicating it to player.
end

massive thanks to you :D globalevents/scripts/hunger.lua is now updated with the latest fix.

Back