• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[TFS 1.2] Increase amount of text can be written in books

Lyky

Solutions
Reaction score
Not sure where to look for it, can someone guide me where its specified?

I have issue where as I have a text somewhere on map which contains too many characters, and because of it none of the further texts in signs or books are loaded.

bump up

still haven't found it in sources definition limits of IsWritable item.
Help appreciated.

Isn't there anything in items.xml? What about in items.otb?

If none of this works, try to use multiple books like many people do OR be creative and change the action from books to use modal window and create pages that you can go next or previous.

Hello there,

you can find a length limit on items.xml (maxTextLen is the attribute you're looking for).

Kindest Regards,
Okke

Isn't there anything in items.xml? What about in items.otb?

If none of this works, try to use multiple books like many people do OR be creative and change the action from books to use modal window and create pages that you can go next or previous.
Hello there,

you can find a length limit on items.xml (maxTextLen is the attribute you're looking for).

Kindest Regards,
Okke

Thanks, I'll try expanding maxTextLen; But i'm not sure that would fix my issue (I think it would still load text that's written through the mapeditor even if its over maxTextLen, and stop loading further signs/books etc.) - worst part i have over 600 signs/books etc on the map, it would be a killing to edit all of them or look for syntax trigger error, the engine doesn't inform me about it, and neither does rme.

~ Maybe its failing because some text creates escape from content into the sources thats causing this issue?

// maxTextLen is uint16_t which max value is 65535; I don't go over 65535 over even if we take all written content.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll try expanding maxTextLen; But i'm not sure that would fix my issue (I think it would still load text that's written through the mapeditor even if its over maxTextLen, and stop loading further signs/books etc.) - worst part i have over 600 signs/books etc on the map, it would be a killing to edit all of them or look for syntax trigger error, the engine doesn't inform me about it, and neither does rme.

~ Maybe its failing because some text creates escape from content into the sources thats causing this issue?

// maxTextLen is uint16_t which max value is 65535; I don't go over 65535 over even if we take all written content.

Hi,

maxTextLen is an unsigned integer 16-bit and yes, it holds up to 65535 characters in a single text-container. Normally the real map books contain up to 1.5k characters I think so if you change the MaxTextLen to 2048 instead of 1024 it will work out with ease.

Best Wishes
Okke

Back