• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.2 or 0.4? Let people choice!

admkhbr

Reaction score
So, i was surfing this forum and found this post
Rewrite scripts - paid job

Nothing wrong at all, right? A simple job request with some payment...

Except by people replies.

I don't get the reason for all this off topic. Doesn't matter if he is using TFS 0.4 or 0.3.6, it's a job section guys, not a support one. You can PM the user with some advice, it's completely okay, but don't do this in the post. It's just boring, every time someone says is using old distros is the same thing: "security issues", "old features", all these arguments. That post was in a Job Section. If you don't want the job, just don't take it. Simple this way. If you really cares about author's server, PM this person and advice this guy in private. It has security issues? It's outdated? Fine, it's his problem. Let's be honest, almost everybody know older distros' problems, just don't care. Don't get me wrong, I do really like guys who repplied him, but sometimes we don't realize at all that our acts are a little bit annoying.

The point is just that it's quite boring some people in this forum keep insisting anyone to use TFS 1.2. Mark made a choice in don't support some features that come with old TFS distros, and there is no problem with his choice at all, he do has a lot of reasons and i totally understain and agree with him, but you just can't force people in use 1.2. If you don't like all this people using old features, make a commit in github to implement them. Not everyone wants an updated Tibia server, or like the new features... oldschool public is strong. This is why ninja did a TFS 1.2 for 8.6 protocol, and he did a fantastic job in convert a lot of people to new TFS distros. While a lot of people just complain about older distros fan base, ninja actually did something to change this fact.

And we all should be more flexible, and try understaining people's side. A nice example is peonso: a great guy who helps this community in so many ways, and totally support TFS new distros, but, at same time, he's the main keeper of OTHire. You never asked yourself why? He just can see both sides, and this is why i do admire this guy.

Now, I know there are already a lot of posts about TFS 0.3.6 x TFS 1.2, but this is my main point: this post is NOT about TFS, it is about our community. I don't care if TFS 1.2 will implement or not old features, it is Mark's decision (and if you don't agree, you are free to fork TFS project), and i'm not discussing which one is better. I'm just asking all of you to let people make their own decisions, because people are not stupid at all. They know how to search, and they know all issues of each version. And if someone take a wrong decision, results will show this, and this guy will learn with his own mistake.

Finally, I hope this post don't become just one more topic about differences between distros.

Best regards.

while i admit that shouldn't really happen in the jobs thread, the points are valid
people use 0.3.6/0.4 for 8.6 most of the time, and there's no reason they should be using a broken/easily abusable version of tfs when there's a downgraded version of 1.2 just for 8.6 client
i think it's just a matter of people being tired of seeing the same things in support board over and over because lots of people don't know how to search and don't know the issues
that's why the support board is the most active board on this forum, lots of people having errors/broken scripts from old tfs versions that haven't searched a solution that's most likely been found years before

while i admit that shouldn't really happen in the jobs thread, the points are valid
people use 0.3.6/0.4 for 8.6 most of the time, and there's no reason they should be using a broken/easily abusable version of tfs when there's a downgraded version of 1.2 just for 8.6 client
i think it's just a matter of people being tired of seeing the same things in support board over and over because lots of people don't know how to search and don't know the issues
that's why the support board is the most active board on this forum, lots of people having errors/broken scripts from old tfs versions that haven't searched a solution that's most likely been found years before

wanted to ask you something

is there much difference between tfs 1.1 and 1.2 ?

And I totally agree with you. There is no point in using an old distro while we have that great downgraded version. I see your point about support board, and I am tired of this too, of course, but it's inevitable in open source world, since there are a few people who make main decisions. People don't know how to fork, then they will search for old versions.

About support board problem, i'm sure there are good solutions. Staff could just make some sections inside Support board, then divide according to distro version. Then, if I have knowledge about 1.2, i'd go directly to 1.2 section. If 0.3.6 really is so depreciated, no one will get any kind of support and they probably will give up. And you'll have fair right to punish any one who post in wrong section. I know it's not best solution for staffers, it'll spend some work, but still better than just complain about this problem in every single post.

I mean, you are awesome guys, look what this community did. I'm pretty sure it would not be so hard to us thinking about a good solution. But complaining will not fix anything.

Back