• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.2 speed attack

Ovnyx

Solutions
Reaction score
hi, sorry if this is a stupid question, but i was searching in the forum and im wondering how the server handles the speed a character hits a target? since there is no attackSpeed lua function to handle this, i was trying to understand how the server handles this so i can figure out what should i moidy or add to get what im looking for?
thanks in advice :cool:

You mean the attack speed which can be found in Vocations.xml
attackspeed="xxxx"
If not then explain more.

yeah i read in some posts about that but it seems to have some limit, also read something about doing this with the initial attack, but it also has time limitations(and i really dont understand how that works), thats way i was searching to build a solutios by adding or modifying in the sourcecode, i want to increase the speed of attack of the weapon or if this is handled by vocation or player, then to increse the speed on it when using specific weapon

wow thanks looks really interesting, is there any difference between doing it on player or in the weapon?

wow thanks looks really interesting, is there any difference between doing it on player or in the weapon?
No difference, however, if you do it on the weapon, swapping between weapons will change the player's attack speed dynamically. Changing it on the player will stick until relog or until it's changed again through a script, which is particularly useful if you'd like to have a spell that increases attack speed for example.

Last edited:
oh ok so im gonna go with the weapon :) thats exactly what im looking for, just another question buddy, if i use the Lua Function - [TFS 1.3] Item abilities via Lua (https://otland.net/threads/tfs-1-3-item-abilities-via-lua.260156/) i can add to a weapon the ability to attack faster, but i can use it to add other type of abilities right? do u recomend me to use tfs 1.3 instead of 1.2??
Yes, and yes.
I'd recommend 1.3, but it's not an absolute requirement for the code I made. Read further down in my post and you'll see a commit you'll need to add to get it to work with 1.2.

really appreciate buddy, where can i get the 1.3 source to compile? i can use the lastest version of visual studio to compile? or it has to be the 2017?

excuse me for all this questions, it has been 2 years without working on my ot so im kinda lost, can i compile tfs in a linux machine to run it in windows?

the item ability ITEM_ABILITY_SPEED works for player speed right?

if i try to add another item ability like ITEM_ABILITY_ATTACKSPEED

i wanted to know how is this gonna be really related with the speed attack while in combat? i mean how can this be like a "constant" that defines the interval between 2 attacks of the player when he is attacking any creature? or isnt that the logic of how it works?

the item ability ITEM_ABILITY_SPEED works for player speed right?

if i try to add another item ability like ITEM_ABILITY_ATTACKSPEED

i wanted to know how is this gonna be really related with the speed attack while in combat? i mean how can this be like a "constant" that defines the interval between 2 attacks of the player when he is attacking any creature? or isnt that the logic of how it works?
Yes, ITEM_ABILITY_SPEED changers your char speed to a flat value.
I guess I didn't implement attackspeed in my item abilities code, but the logic would be a % increase, calculated inside of getAttackSpeed in player.h.

so the item ability "SPEEDATTACK" will work together with the vocation player speed attack?

at any point it will be modifying this interval?
void doAttacking(uint32_t interval) override;

wow thank you! that looks really awesome man, should i try editing my files based on yours or better compile the files in your repo?

wow thank you! that looks really awesome man, should i try editing my files based on yours or better compile the files in your repo?
Add the core item abilities from the first link I gave you from my main repo (Vulcanx), then add the new item abilities from the repo I just gave you.

Add the core item abilities from the first link I gave you from my main repo (Vulcanx), then add the new item abilities from the repo I just gave you.
sorry to stalk this topic, but do you care to explain what those abilities do? :p

ITEM_ABILITY_REGENERATION = ?
ITEM_ABILITY_DAMAGEMITIGATION = donus defense to all elements?
ITEM_ABILITY_BONUSREGEN = ?
ITEM_ABILITY_MAGICDAMAGE = bonus damage to all elements?
ITEM_ABILITY_SUPPORTHEALING = bonus heal to exura sio and exura gran mas res?
ITEM_ABILITY_ATTACKSPEED = attack speed
ITEM_ABILITY_FLEXSKILL = ?
ITEM_ABILITY_BONUSHEALING = bonus heal to own healing?

sorry to stalk this topic, but do you care to explain what those abilities do? :p

ITEM_ABILITY_REGENERATION = ?
ITEM_ABILITY_DAMAGEMITIGATION = donus defense to all elements?
ITEM_ABILITY_BONUSREGEN = ?
ITEM_ABILITY_MAGICDAMAGE = bonus damage to all elements?
ITEM_ABILITY_SUPPORTHEALING = bonus heal to exura sio and exura gran mas res?
ITEM_ABILITY_ATTACKSPEED = attack speed
ITEM_ABILITY_FLEXSKILL = ?
ITEM_ABILITY_BONUSHEALING = bonus heal to own healing?
Code:
ITEM_ABILITY_REGENERATION - flag to activate health/mana regen + ticks
ITEM_ABILITY_DAMAGEMITIGATION - mitigate all damage by a % value
ITEM_ABILITY_BONUSREGEN - nothing, it was leftover from something i was going to do but decided not to
ITEM_ABILITY_MAGICDAMAGE - increases elemental damage by a %
ITEM_ABILITY_SUPPORTHEALING - increases the user's healing values when the heal is on another player (exura sio, exura gran mas res)
ITEM_ABILITY_ATTACKSPEED - attack speed
ITEM_ABILITY_FLEXSKILL - flexible skill, a value of 5 on a sorcerer increases ML by 5, increases distance by 5 on a paladin, increases melee skills by 5 on knights
ITEM_ABILITY_BONUSHEALING - % increase to ALL healing sources
]

Back