• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Feature [TFS 1.3] Adding New Skills

show us the script that you are using to add the skill tries
mini request - since compiling is pain as well as skilltries is it possible to create a skill similar that advance by chance? similar to stages?
e.g.:

Coding skill is 1, you attempt to code a scroll... 50% to level up.
Coding skill is 10, you attempt to code a scroll... 10% to level up.
Coding skill is 100, 0.005% chance coding tible will increase coding skill.

(pls)

I maked all like in tutorial, but i got two errors..
How it's possible, if i capy/paste your codes? :(

error C2196: case value 'CONDITION_PARAM_SKILL_RUNECRAFT' already used
error C2196: case value 'CONDITION_PARAM_SKILL_RUNECRAFTPERCENT' already used

I maked all like in tutorial, but i got two errors..
How it's possible, if i capy/paste your codes? :(

error C2196: case value 'CONDITION_PARAM_SKILL_RUNECRAFT' already used
error C2196: case value 'CONDITION_PARAM_SKILL_RUNECRAFTPERCENT' already used
you added these entries twice

what tutorial are you using? and what tfs are you using?

Tutorial from first post? 😅 I dont remember but its 1.3 or 1.5

//edit

@Evil Puncker thanks, i was check all files again with your tutorial on github, and in file enums.h i have more lines than he posted in tutorial, so i think im using tfs 1.5

Last edited:
Have added 2 new skills it works, but having some trouble it appears when log out and login again the 2 skills are doing ping pong, if runecraft has skill 15, and reliccraft has skill 10, when i log in again reliccraft has skill 15 and runecraft skill 10 anyone experienced same issue ?
Database also does the ping pong , one time reliccraft as 15, log out, check runecraft has 10 and viceversa

Last edited:
vocation.h
Find float skillMultipliers[SKILL_LAST + 1] = {1.5f, 2.0f, 2.0f, 2.0f, 2.0f, 1.5f, 1.1f}; and replace it with
float skillMultipliers[SKILL_LAST + 1] = {1.5f, 2.0f, 2.0f, 2.0f, 2.0f, 1.5f, 1.1f};
Hi there, i think theres something missing, am i wrong? @Ramirow

In my case it wasn't
Code:
float skillMultipliers[SKILL_LAST + 1] = {1.5f, 2.0f, 2.0f, 2.0f, 2.0f, 1.5f, 1.1f};
but
Line 108:
Code:
double skillMultipliers[SKILL_LAST + 1] = {1.5, 2.0, 2.0, 2.0, 2.0, 1.5, 1.1, 1.1, 1.1, 1.1, 1.1}

But just add 1.1 or whatever value behind it per new skill you wish to add

Last edited:
Have added 2 new skills it works, but having some trouble it appears when log out and login again the 2 skills are doing ping pong, if runecraft has skill 15, and reliccraft has skill 10, when i log in again reliccraft has skill 15 and runecraft skill 10 anyone experienced same issue ?
Database also does the ping pong , one time reliccraft as 15, log out, check runecraft has 10 and viceversa
From the time I tested it years ago (Tfs 1.3) I had like 4-5 skills all working without any issue. You may want to check Evil Puncker's work HERE as the written tutorial I made is kinda hard to follow. Recheck what you've done already and see if something is missing.

In fact, yeah, couldn't edit the op but you should add a numeric value for the new skill to use.
In case you're adding a new skill the line should look something like this:
C++:
float skillMultipliers[SKILL_LAST + 1] = {1.5f, 2.0f, 2.0f, 2.0f, 2.0f, 1.5f, 1.1f, 1.1f};
Notice there's one more multiplier (8 now, instead of the original 7). The value of it is for you to choose.

From the time I tested it years ago (Tfs 1.3) I had like 4-5 skills all working without any issue. You may want to check Evil Puncker's work HERE as the written tutorial I made is kinda hard to follow. Recheck what you've done already and see if something is missing.

In fact, yeah, couldn't edit the op but you should add a numeric value for the new skill to use.
In case you're adding a new skill the line should look something like this:
C++:
float skillMultipliers[SKILL_LAST + 1] = {1.5f, 2.0f, 2.0f, 2.0f, 2.0f, 1.5f, 1.1f, 1.1f};
Notice there's one more multiplier (8 now, instead of the original 7). The value of it is for you to choose.
Yup,

I am not sure, but, in case of login logout i was thinking about iologin... so i tried to add skills in order as it's the list of skills, id 7, id8, id9... but nothing. I have created a new one, and this one work perfect, strange situation, im going to revert again everything and check, i know it works since i used already the tutorial for add skills, but just i change TFS version.

Back