TFS 1.X+ [TFS 1.3] How to add depot containers

Snavy

Alpha - AUUU
Reaction score
I'm trying to add depot containers in my depots and so far I haven't found any threads explaining this.

Znote

<?php echo $title; ?>
Staff member
Global Moderator
Premium User
Reaction score
I think it should happen automagically once you assign a town ID to the depots in RME.
You can do CTRL+T to get a list of town ids and their names, or add towns if you don't have any.

Or do you want to add something extra? Like transferring items to depot?

OP
Snavy

Snavy

Alpha - AUUU
Reaction score
I think it should happen automagically once you assign a town ID to the depots in RME.
You can do CTRL+T to get a list of town ids and their names, or add towns if you don't have any.

Or do you want to add something extra? Like transferring items to depot?
I have already added towns to depot chests. I am trying to add these containers (sub-depots?)

EDIT:

Also I tried this tutorial he mentions that maxSize = 17 should be set before maxDepotItems = 1500. but my constructor looks like this :
C++:
DepotChest::DepotChest(uint16_t type) :
    Container(type), maxDepotItems(1500) {}
This confuses me. can I just add another one like maxSize(17)?

Edit 2:
Also maxSize is a private member of Container class. I'm not sure how to modify that.

UPDATE:
Didn't have to set maxSize. It works (atm.)

UPDATE 2: No, it doesn't work.
each container has 8 slots
and the containers are added twice 17

* Going mad *

UPDATE 3 : Tried this:
Code:
DepotChest::DepotChest(uint16_t type) : Container(type, 17, true, true), maxDepotItems(10000) {

}
but now it is adding the containers 3 times.. why is that happening ?

UPDATE 4:
After disabling pagination on depotchest it adds containers only once and I can live with that solution.
However I am not sure how to increase the size of each container to 20 slots instead of what it currently has (8 slots)

UPDATE 5:
I looked into items.xml and found that you could set containerSize attribute and since the containers weren't registered I thought that 8 slots were the defualt size for containers (like bag) so I added them in the items.xml file and set their size to 25 and it works fine now.

Last edited: