• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ [TFS 1.3] How to add depot containers

I think it should happen automagically once you assign a town ID to the depots in RME.
You can do CTRL+T to get a list of town ids and their names, or add towns if you don't have any.

Or do you want to add something extra? Like transferring items to depot?

I think it should happen automagically once you assign a town ID to the depots in RME.
You can do CTRL+T to get a list of town ids and their names, or add towns if you don't have any.

Or do you want to add something extra? Like transferring items to depot?

I have already added towns to depot chests. I am trying to add these containers (sub-depots?)

EDIT:

Also I tried this tutorial he mentions that maxSize = 17 should be set before maxDepotItems = 1500. but my constructor looks like this :
C++:
DepotChest::DepotChest(uint16_t type) :
    Container(type), maxDepotItems(1500) {}
This confuses me. can I just add another one like maxSize(17)?

Edit 2:
Also maxSize is a private member of Container class. I'm not sure how to modify that.

UPDATE:
Didn't have to set maxSize. It works (atm.)

UPDATE 2: No, it doesn't work.
each container has 8 slots
and the containers are added twice 17

* Going mad *

UPDATE 3 : Tried this:
Code:
DepotChest::DepotChest(uint16_t type) : Container(type, 17, true, true), maxDepotItems(10000) {

}

but now it is adding the containers 3 times.. why is that happening ?

UPDATE 4:
After disabling pagination on depotchest it adds containers only once and I can live with that solution.
However I am not sure how to increase the size of each container to 20 slots instead of what it currently has (8 slots)

UPDATE 5:
I looked into items.xml and found that you could set containerSize attribute and since the containers weren't registered I thought that 8 slots were the defualt size for containers (like bag) so I added them in the items.xml file and set their size to 25 and it works fine now.

Last edited:
I have already added towns to depot chests. I am trying to add these containers (sub-depots?)
View attachment 35371

EDIT:

Also I tried this tutorial he mentions that maxSize = 17 should be set before maxDepotItems = 1500. but my constructor looks like this :
C++:
DepotChest::DepotChest(uint16_t type) :
    Container(type), maxDepotItems(1500) {}
This confuses me. can I just add another one like maxSize(17)?

Edit 2:
Also maxSize is a private member of Container class. I'm not sure how to modify that.

UPDATE:
Didn't have to set maxSize. It works (atm.)

UPDATE 2: No, it doesn't work.
each container has 8 slots
and the containers are added twice 17

View attachment 35375View attachment 35376

* Going mad *

UPDATE 3 : Tried this:
Code:
DepotChest::DepotChest(uint16_t type) : Container(type, 17, true, true), maxDepotItems(10000) {

}

but now it is adding the containers 3 times.. why is that happening ?

UPDATE 4:
After disabling pagination on depotchest it adds containers only once and I can live with that solution.
However I am not sure how to increase the size of each container to 20 slots instead of what it currently has (8 slots)

UPDATE 5:
I looked into items.xml and found that you could set containerSize attribute and since the containers weren't registered I thought that 8 slots were the defualt size for containers (like bag) so I added them in the items.xml file and set their size to 25 and it works fine now.

So did you follow the thread to make that work?

I am currently running latest TFS and i want to do this to the depot as well. Does the mailing system work fine and market?

Back