• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ TFS 1.3 Possible to make area pvp enforced?

oualid6496

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey, so I was wondering if it's possible to make a area pvp enforced? Like on some 8.6 real maps there used to be this city Pyre which was pvp enforced. So if you would kill someone on the server it would count as a normal kill and you'd get a skull/frag. Except for the city Pyre there the kills would count as pvp enforced and people wouldn't get any skull/frag.

Solution
Trying to get your messages up? Do that somewhere else please and not the support board, ty :)

And what about the getting experience? Isn't there a way to enable pvp enfo for just one area or do you really have to do it like that and also give experience in that ondeath event?
I will push you into the right direction. You will have to make source edits for this.
In combat.cpp you will find the functions:
void Combat::getCombatArea here it checks which tile a creature(player) is at. Such as PZ-zone.
Then we have a ReturnValue functionaility:
ReturnValue Combat::canTargetCreature here you can set if a player is allowed to attack people on certain tiles.
So you will need to create your own flag(tile).

I guess you...
First solution that comes to my mind would be defining area where killers dont get penalty. Then register ondeath event which would check if player died in that area. If true then killer dont get extra skull time

Trying to get your messages up? Do that somewhere else please and not the support board, ty :)

First solution that comes to my mind would be defining area where killers dont get penalty. Then register ondeath event which would check if player died in that area. If true then killer dont get extra skull time
And what about the getting experience? Isn't there a way to enable pvp enfo for just one area or do you really have to do it like that and also give experience in that ondeath event?

I will push you into the right direction. You will have to make source edits for this.
In combat.cpp you will find the functions:
void Combat::getCombatArea here it checks which tile a creature(player) is at. Such as PZ-zone.
Then we have a ReturnValue functionaility:
ReturnValue Combat::canTargetCreature here you can set if a player is allowed to attack people on certain tiles.
So you will need to create your own flag(tile).

I guess you just wanted a direction on how-to create it. If not and requested a complete guide to obtain it (pm me).

Solution

you asked: "Hey, so I was wondering if it's possible to make a pvp area enforced?"
you didn't ask how to do.
send a message to ralumbi.

you asked: "Hey, so I was wondering if it's possible to make a pvp area enforced?"
you didn't ask how to do.
send a message to ralumbi.
My bad for thinking that people here have more then 1 braincell to know that when a question is being asked in the support board they want a helpful answer instead of yes or no. But ye Ralumbi and zuber966 understood that and helped me out.

Back