• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved TFS 1.4 Compiling Issue on Windows

ecounlimited

Reaction score
I am trying to compile TFS 1.4 on Windows using Visual Studio because I would like to be able to start editing the source files to add custom skills and stuff instead of just scripting. The only thing I've done in each of the following tries is create the directory, change config.lua.dist to config.lua (when needed), point it at my database, and try to run the server. Only the pre-compiled TFS 1.4 distribution (tfs-v1.4-windows-msvc-Release-luajit.zip) works.
1643429994299.png

When I clone the above repository, checkout to v1.4, and compile the solution myself using Visual Studio, I get either a segmentation fault or this PANIC error in git bash when trying to run the executable.

1643430269198.png
If I try to debug the issue, this is the error I find:
1643430339667.png
I can't really make sense of this error but stuff online suggests there's a nullptr somewhere? I'm not really sure and this has had me lost for hours. I also tried downloading the source files as a .zip and compiling them that way, but got the same error. I followed the compiling instructions for Windows using vcpkg from the GitHub.

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: I deleted my vcpkg directory and ran the
Code:
.\vcpkg install --triplet x64-windows boost-iostreams boost-asio boost-system boost-filesystem boost-variant boost-lockfree luajit libmariadb pugixml cryptopp fmt
command again (from the compiling instructions) then recompiled the server. Seems to work now - not sure why but just in case anyone faces the same issue.

Last edited:
Back