• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua [TFS 1.4] Spell Area use

helmut7414

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello Otlanders,

I am useing this TFS version and I have a Question and a Request.
My Question is, is it possible to use the Spell areas from the data/spells/lib/spells.lua directly in monsters or do I have to create a Spell with the Area to use it inside the Monster. I am asking because I am useing a lot of Custom spell areas and I do not really want to create so much spells only to use them inside the monsters.

And my Request would be if someone could create me a function to make this possible.

One of my areas is called trollpox and i want to use it like this inside the monster.xml or the monster.lua

XML Example
XML:
<attack name="poisonWave" interval="2400" chance="55" min="-3250" max="-4850" area="trollpox">
            <attribute key="areaEffect" value="poison"/>
</attack>

Lua Example
Lua:
{name = "combat", type = COMBAT_EARTHDAMAGE, chance = 55, interval = 2600, minDamage = -3000, maxDamage = -6900, range = 7, target = false, area = trollpox, shootEffect = CONST_ANI_POISON},

Would be nice if someone could help me out or tell me if its possible without much source edits or even without source edits.

Back