• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Action [TFS 1.X] Cursed Chests

@oen432 was it possible to add so the chest spawns in multiple locations randomly lets say in a city wide area? Cant seem to be able to edit the right config, if u dont mind helping out again :)

@oen432 was it possible to add so the chest spawns in multiple locations randomly lets say in a city wide area? Cant seem to be able to edit the right config, if u dont mind helping out again :)
data\globalevents\scripts\cursed_chest_spawner.lua
Lua:
CURSED_CHESTS_SPAWNS = {
    [1] = {
        pos = Position(1000, 1000, 7), -- center
        size = 6, -- radius
        chests = {1} -- list of chests
    }
}

Ahh i see my bad, thought it was a one spot pos. OKey thank you! In previous there was an update to have LVL req and another set up for clean corpse after 25 sec. I would like to add both of them in action script, not sure how to merge them since the coding deeper then just adding "CURSED_CHESTS_CLEAR_CORPSES = 25 -- in seconds" If u have the time would u like to assist on that part on witch code bars needed to have both setups in 1? :) @oen432

Attachments

Last edited:
hello friend, I tried the script everything works fine except for this error that comes out.

imagen_2021-09-04_172949.png

would have a solution? since I am using otx, please if you can help me since I loved the script and it only gives me problems that, since the chest appears in the position where I edit it :c

Reproductor: onMoveItem [/ ICODE] y [/ QUOTE] [/ ICODE] [/QUOTE]

Can do.

Can do.

True, will change.

Just looked in the code, I'm sure I made it disappear after 5 minutes but now when I look at it, there is no such thing, only when chest is empty. Darn it, had to delete that part when I was rewriting some code and forgot about it. Oh well, added back. So this answers your next questions pretty much.

Update on the way.

@Edit
Done.
[1.1.0] - 2019-03-27
  • Rewritten basic functionality
  • Chest and monsters won't spawn in PZ anymore
  • Removed level requirements to open chest
  • Added chest tiers
  • Changed monster spawning, amount of monsters depends on a wave number and tier of the chest
  • Monsters are spawned randomly from a list
  • If player is not in a party and activates the chest, only he is able to open that chest
  • If player is in a party and activates the chest, only he and party members are able to open that chest
  • If chest is not emptied and 5 minutes passes, it is removed from the map
  • Added poff effect when chest is removed
  • New configuration fields
First post will be updated later.
I installed it but at the time of entering the area no chest appears. Where should I assign the aid?

hello friend, I tried the script everything works fine except for this error that comes out.

View attachment 61814

would have a solution? since I am using otx, please if you can help me since I loved the script and it only gives me problems that, since the chest appears in the position where I edit it :c
your repo dont have sendanimatedtext. i wish someone could help me add animatedtext to source or just simply help me replace code to sendtextmessage?

something like this?

data.pos:doCreatureSay("Get your reward!") or data.pos:creature:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR,("Get your reward!")

Last edited:
Thank you!

Currently modifying the script to be a quest-progression, for example; I have made a wall, which players need to use to enable a wave of monsters and a boss, after completion the wall disappears and players may continue on.

Still need to polish but for now I have made a one-way hole for players to enter if the wall disappears.
I do not want players who are on the wrong side of the wall to enable the action.
Also blocking one side of the wall like this, it disables monster spawning on that side since it checks for bad tiles.

There are countless things you can achieve with this script, even as a standalone it is a feature that can make exploring and quests more dangerous (if a player wants to)

Currently thinking of the moment Pippin touches that arrow stuck in a skeletons body,
which leads to a chain reaction, which leads to a fight with goblins, which eventually leads to the Cave Troll.
This can be exactly achieved with this system!

USAGE EXAMPLE

Back