• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS and OTX

There is any kid of comparision matrix or so?
Why OTX creators forked TFS?
There is a program called meld that will allow you to do a comparison on both file & folder of upto 3 comparisons, it is a differential tool used by developers.
Meld

There is any kid of comparision matrix or so?
Why OTX creators forked TFS?

I could be wrong, but I think the reason they forked it is because TFS tries to stay true to the actual tibia version they are developing for, and the OTX guys wanted to use that as a base, but add support for other protocols, and also add other features not present in the tfs distro.

Having said that, if you're a programmer, OTX would probably save some work on adding additional features. If you are not a programmer, or not willing to hire one, you're better off using TFS.

I've experimented with both, and I have ran into alot of issues with OTX that are over my head to fix, as well as alot of small frustrating issues that cause me problems.

At this point, I haven't had any issues at all with the main TFS project.

But, take what I say with a grain of salt. Im nowhere near a good programmer, and not all that too intelligent.

I could be wrong, but I think the reason they forked it is because TFS tries to stay true to the actual tibia version they are developing for, and the OTX guys wanted to use that as a base, but add support for other protocols, and also add other features not present in the tfs distro.

Having said that, if you're a programmer, OTX would probably save some work on adding additional features. If you are not a programmer, or not willing to hire one, you're better off using TFS.

I've experimented with both, and I have ran into alot of issues with OTX that are over my head to fix, as well as alot of small frustrating issues that cause me problems.

At this point, I haven't had any issues at all with the main TFS project.

But, take what I say with a grain of salt. Im nowhere near a good programmer, and not all that too intelligent.
Actually TFS is missing a lot a features, OTX aims to apply those missing components, i haven't had any major problems with either distribution. Besides the code across both are interchangeable. You can start development on one and literally drag & drop your datapack onto the other.

In the end it all comes down a developer's need, they can go with a widely supported or experimental distribution.

Actually TFS is missing a lot a features, OTX aims to apply those missing components, i haven't had any major problems with either distribution. Besides the code across both are interchangeable. You can start development on one and literally drag & drop your datapack onto the other.

In the end it all comes down a developer's need, they can go with a widely supported or experimental distribution.

The problem is that OTX approves anything, doubt they even test it before they approve it.
What I can say when it comes to TFS, atleast 2 devs has to approve it and test it, even if it compiles OK

I can agree that OTX has some "good" to it, if it works.

But if you want a stable server - use TFS
If you want the latest - use OTX
If you want both, create a mix of them and make sure that you can fix bugs etc

Back