• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ TFS crash

Itutorial

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
This is a rough one. So I used TFS 1.4.2 and added any commits that would work for tibia 10.98 from the 1.5+ TFS commits. After I added everything I was able to start the server and I was working on figuring out a problem with the map being drawn correctly in the client.

I woke up this morning and when I try to open the server it closes at this point:
Lua:
>> Loading config
>> Loading RSA key
>> Establishing database connection... MySQL 10.5.5
>> Running database manager
>> Loading vocations
>> Loading items
>> Loading script systems
>> Using LuaJIT 2.0.5
>> Loading lua libs

I didn't create a backup because I don't remember changing anything once I was done adding all the commits.

I added some prints to a bunch of files to see what might be happening.

Once data/actions/lib/actions.lua was loaded it got stuck in a loop and crashes.

I tried replacing that file and looking through it for any problems.

I think it could be whatever the next file it is trying to load. Is there a way to know what the order is that it will load libs. I noticed it loads some files in:
data/lib/core first then goes to actions and other places. It seems somewhat random but there should be a set way files are loaded.

I know this is one of those things that it will probably be impossible to determine but if anyone has any info that might be useful please share :p

show.png

Last edited:
don't shove everything to a single commit when you're porting changes to another base
The point of version control is to be able to return to a working version in an instant. If you add everything in a single commit, there is no way to return to non-broken one without reverting everything.

Back