• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!
  • New resources must be posted under Resources tab. A discussion thread will be created automatically, you can't open threads manually anymore.

CreatureEvent The BEST save system without server freeze!

Trust me it is very useful is you have an stable ot, if you have a sh1ty ot that crash always, it will sux.

Bumping it, almost 2 weeks with this script and no claims about rollbacks or whatever...

Nice, but only save characters.
Advancesave
Lua:
local config = {
	savePlayersOnAdvance = true
}

function onAdvance(cid, skill, oldLevel, newLevel)
	if(config.savePlayersOnAdvance) then
		doPlayerSave(cid, true)
	end

return true
end

That will save after each advance... I think its better a save per player every 30~40 minutes.

kito2, Perfect!

But I find that the ELF system could create a smart save as type
saved from 10 to 10 char, to avoid freeze ...
Save Separate house ...

Things like that, but oh well, your script already helps a lot to avoid waste of
chars, but of course does not prevent clones because clones using minutes ...

Hug

Trust me it is very useful if you have an stable ot, if you have a sh1ty ot that crash always, it will sux.
If you have a stable OT then I don't see the point of using your script? huh. >.>

#Thread:
If you're tired of server save freezing... save at low peak times, each 24 hrs? This way you don't have to push the PC into unnecessary server load PLUS I think, people wont complain about it since they know when it happens. Just like CipSoft & Talaturen's OTS.

Last edited:
Migxxx, there are always posibilites to cut off light, hacks, etc... And you need to have backups systems... I also have a database backup every 1 hour, that helps a lot.

And also on your thread part, there are posibilites that the server go down, as mentioned before.

Its nice scripts... but if for any motive server crash.. you lose items from house in the last 24h... this not its good idea :)

It does if you have a stable server, I just have save at 5:00 AM and then, saves every 40 minutes.

If you whant to help the save system for your player, add the save options, to quest system, they save the character in every quest done, and in missions is helpfull too

Back