• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The big creation-inspiration thread. Share inspiration for creativity!

Sinth

Argardh.com
Reaction score
Gdaevning mates.

Need inspiration to do some creation? Look no further - this thread is your new best friend.

Nerdy but very intelligent and knowledgeable guy.. not a huge fan of his "build" though, kind of like OT-mappers mapping.. he's trying to create races and a world that is so unique and eye-drawing as possible. I'm basically doing the opposite - stealing all elements and ideas I can find and then try to put them together like a puzzle.. more like Warcraft(their entire lore is also "stolen"/copied) while he is more like Tolkien I guess, instead of using old/used ideas/elements that the reader/player already are familiar with he teaches/creates something that is not already known.. while Warcraft is basically all old conecpts. All(except Tauren?) races basically and most of the history is just re-writes. But rather great, though, is it not? Movie was rather lame though..

Kind of interesting that creators can have such a different approach and "worldview", pun intended, on creating worlds. But I guess an element of both is what everyone comes up with and the mix of it is what makes it either great or awful.

Anyways, anyone watching this shit? If no answers now ill keep all these goldies for myself :)

Back