• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The boss of daopay is an evil liar

Status
Not open for further replies.

notodaopay

Reaction score
Robin Hood may have died years ago but he has been reincarnated with a new name Daopay. This system of customers paying by premium telephone call is aget rich quick scheme. the only problem is you wont get rich only Daopay with their 50-75 per cent commisions. Thats right every 100 euros/pouns/dollars you earn, they will rob you of 50 to 75. Their customer service is second to none, thats right. its a little bit better than none but thats about it. I'd steer well clear of them they are robbers and rogues and very unhelpful.there doesnt seem to be anyone there that is polite and helpfull and also knows what he is doing. I believe the outfit is run by one young boy not even out of short trousers. MY OPINION OF WHICH IM ENTITLED. IM SURE DAOPAY WILL DISAGREE. THEY TOO ARE ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION ALBEIT A LITTLE BIASED.

ARNOLD ZAIMMERFRAME THE BOSS OF DAOPAY IS AN EVIL LIAR. IF YOU DARE COMPLAIN HE WILL WITHOLD YOUR MONEY

DAOPAY ARE NASTY AND EVIL KEEP WELL CLEAR OF THEM

Let me set the record straight here - and let's stick to the facts:
1) Commission: DaoPay takes only a 2-3% share of the money. The biggest chunk goes to the telecom companies (remember: your customers charge your products to their phone bill) for their service. Taxes take also a big bite of your revenue. In some countries, the VAT is as high as 25%.
2) I am not the boss of DaoPay. And as trust is one of the key assets of our business, we stick to the truth. We kindly ask you to do the same.
3) Neither DaoPay nor I will withhold any money. We transfer the money automatically at the end of each month to the accounts of our sellers. Yes, sometimes it takes a little while for the involved banks to process the money. Yes, sometimes money cannot be transferred because people change their bank accounts and forget to change the respective data in the DaoPay Control Center. If this happens, DaoPay contacts the seller. And sometimes, we have to block websites because they do not comply with our standards of business conduct as listed in our general terms and conditions. E.g., if you start selling adult content on DaoPay, we have to block you.
4) It is your right to complain. No doubt about that. And I am totally aware that DaoPay is not perfect. Nevertheless, I kindly ask you to stick to the facts and give us a chance to resolve your issue. You did not even give me time to look into your case - you contacted me yesterday afternoon and I responded immediately. It looks like your posting is your answer.
5) I am a regular visitor of otland.net and I have posted pretty regularly. So, why didn’t you contact me earlier? Other forum-members have done so. We had some interesting discussions that help me a lot to improve our services and our product.

Let me set the record straight here - and let's stick to the facts:
1) Commission: DaoPay takes only a 2-3% share of the money. The biggest chunk goes to the telecom companies (remember: your customers charge your products to their phone bill) for their service. Taxes take also a big bite of your revenue. In some countries, the VAT is as high as 25%.
2) I am not the boss of DaoPay. And as trust is one of the key assets of our business, we stick to the truth. We kindly ask you to do the same.
3) Neither DaoPay nor I will withhold any money. We transfer the money automatically at the end of each month to the accounts of our sellers. Yes, sometimes it takes a little while for the involved banks to process the money. Yes, sometimes money cannot be transferred because people change their bank accounts and forget to change the respective data in the DaoPay Control Center. If this happens, DaoPay contacts the seller. And sometimes, we have to block websites because they do not comply with our standards of business conduct as listed in our general terms and conditions. E.g., if you start selling adult content on DaoPay, we have to block you.
4) It is your right to complain. No doubt about that. And I am totally aware that DaoPay is not perfect. Nevertheless, I kindly ask you to stick to the facts and give us a chance to resolve your issue. You did not even give me time to look into your case - you contacted me yesterday afternoon and I responded immediately. It looks like your posting is your answer.
5) I am a regular visitor of otland.net and I have posted pretty regularly. So, why didn’t you contact me earlier? Other forum-members have done so. We had some interesting discussions that help me a lot to improve our services and our product.

I agree with ya, but you're taking so much for e.g yesterday i got 60£ i only got 18.99£ from them, you wont send my money until august, why? is it taxes or what.. i already got 161£ in my account, but you guys wont send them until august, and i need the money to purchase my dedicated server...

:peace:

Hmm, I tested daopay and a guy from Portugal paid 10 dollars and I got $1.80 >.<'
Then he paid 5 Euros and I got £1. Is it because Portugal takes a lot of the money? how much money would I get from Mexicans paying $5?

I agree with ya, but you're taking so much for e.g yesterday i got 60£ i only got 18.99£ from them, you wont send my money until august, why? is it taxes or what.. i already got 161£ in my account, but you guys wont send them until august, and i need the money to purchase my dedicated server...

:peace:

As mentioned before, telecom carriers take the biggest bite. Furthermore, the VAT kicks in, too.

Our standard payout terms are End-Of-Month + 60 days, in some countries it’s even +90 days, which, without doubt, is a pretty long time if you’re eager to receive your hard-earned money. There are at least two reasons for this delay:
1) Telecom carriers have to bill your customer first (remember they pay for your product or service by charging it to their phone bill)
2) Customer protection laws allowing consumers to reverse or object transactions within a period of 40 or more days.
More on that: FAQ: Where’s my money? ? blog.DaoPay.com

Hmm, I tested daopay and a guy from Portugal paid 10 dollars and I got $1.80 >.<'
Then he paid 5 Euros and I got £1. Is it because Portugal takes a lot of the money? how much money would I get from Mexicans paying $5?

The payouts are always heavily debated. That is why we list them on our Website (Fees & Payout Rates ? Business ? daopay.com) so everybody can see and compare. If you compare DaoPay with other mobile payment services, make sure that you check if the payouts are before or after taxes and if they stick to the same currency as we do. Believe me: it pays off to compare.

I think daopay make all as they can't, because why they going to lose their services. We think that they steal the money but we have information?
Think about that, cause we can say all as we whant but where is the turth?
So please, read some information :/ I think they do all as they can, because they don't want to lose their service.
I use daopay, and I like it.

Daopay seems like a great choice for my ot server, tho i might need some help with setting up :)

I would appreciate if someone could help me.

pm here on forum, or add my msn. [email protected]

Thanks in advance! :)

If you need help integrating DaoPay, you always can contact our sellerhotline (at) daopay.com. They should know ,-)

The payouts are always heavily debated. That is why we list them on our Website (Fees & Payout Rates � Business � daopay.com) so everybody can see and compare. If you compare DaoPay with other mobile payment services, make sure that you check if the payouts are before or after taxes and if they stick to the same currency as we do. Believe me: it pays off to compare.

I'm actually a but curious about this.

For example:

Code:
AUSTRIA    12.00 	2.00 	20.00% 	67%	6.70

How does the math work here?

I have a product that costs 10 EUR (excl. VAT), and this is converted into 12 EURO as cost for the caller for some reason. I'm going to assume this is because 2 EUR is added by the operator (Which is mentioned next to the price).

Okay, then we're left with 10 EURO.

Now we subtract the %20 VAT, and it turns into 8 EURO.

Out of these 8 EURO you take 1.30 EURO as fee, this means you take 16.2% for yourself.

Not too shabby. ^_^

...But if you look at other countries... The good news ends there.

Lets take Brazil for example, which is about 40% of the tibia population if not more.

Code:
Brazil 	13.00 	3.00 	30.00% 	17%	1.70

Lets do the same math as above. We got 10 EURO, now subtract 30% and we're left with 7 EURO. But wait a minute.
1.70 EURO payout?

This means that with people calling from Brazil, you take a whopping 75% of the money.

Lets try Poland, which is AT LEAST 25% of the tibia population:

Code:
Poland 	12.20 	2.20 	22.00% 	50%	5.00

Here you take 35%.
But if your customers decides to pay by mobile, then we are suddenly stuck with you taking almost 53% of the money.

Lets try Sweden then, this is another country that dominates the tibia player base.

Code:
Sweden 	12.50 	2.50 	25.00% 	47%	4.70

This means 37% taken by DaoPay.

The US, which I know is another major part of the tibia population.

Code:
United States 	10.00 		51%	5.10

Here you don't even have VAT (and apparently not operator fees either), and yet you take 49% of the money.

Smashing all of these numbers together, it means that you on average take almost 50% (49.8% actually) of the money as a fee for your service to people hosting tibia servers and using DaoPay for donations.

Now please, do tell me if my math is wrong here, but doesn't this mean that the topic creator was actually quite correct in his statement that DaoPay takes "50% - 75%" of the money to themselves (This considering I haven't calculated the other countries on the list)?

Any who, this brings me to 2 questions I have regarding this list of fees and VAT and whatnot.

First of all, why is the list on your site, regarding payments, organized like it is?
You have 4 fields; Country, Price, VAT, Payout.
And yet you have 6 data fields.
This means you neglect to mention the "Operator Fee" and the "Total percent of money you will receive" fields.
Why? Wouldn't it be better to inform your customers of what they're seeing, rather than have them guessing?

Second of all, why is your fee not included in this list? Those nice rounded down percentage-fee numbers I pulled out of my magician top hat up there, why aren't they included?

I'm not trying to discredit you or DaoPay here, but to me there's just so much missing info and so much usage of "Dumbed down commercial" techniques on that site, it seems more like FinallyFast than a serious phone/SMS payment service.

Bumping the topic in the hopes that Mr. Arnold will clarify this a bit.

His brain hurts from the math, cause even he didn't know 1/2 those figures...

When you say "excl. VAT" then you mean that you exclude the VAT costs from the price, so when you have 10eur as price excl. VAT, then the customers must pay price+VAT. With 20% VAT that would be 10+2=12 eur.

When you say "excl. VAT" then you mean that you exclude the VAT costs from the price, so when you have 10eur as price excl. VAT, then the customers must pay price+VAT. With 20% VAT that would be 10+2=12 eur.

I see... Well that raises another question regarding to my last statements, #1 to be precise...

Why the hell doesn't the list include easily overviewable information regarding this? I mean if it was well made it would be EASY to understand the implications of "excl. VAT" and "incl. VAT".

I mean I just did a check, 10 EUR paid from Brazil.

With "excl. VAT":

Code:
Brazil 	13.00 	3.00 	30.00% 	19%	1.9

With "incl. VAT":

Code:
Brazil 	10.00 	2.31 	30.00% 	19%	1.46

The only thing that changes is "price" then the mysterious second number, as well as "payout".
There's no explanation, no information, no nothing.

Just mysterious numbers that makes little to no sense with only one apparent purpose: To look professional so that people will think an ordinarily crappy service is super professional and awesome.

Which pretty much reminds me of only one thing:

YouTube - Finally Fast is ran by retards
New FinallyFast – Same Scam – Exposed! � Tech – for Everyone

Sorry for the delay, but I have lots to do (especially since I am about to take of for holidays.)
I agree that we have to improve the usability of our payout overview.
The main problem seems to be that we do not explain the difference between excl. and incl. VAT. Well, it depends on how you calculate and who is going to pay for the VAT - you or your customer. By the way, there's also the possibility to check for "payouts" which makes it a little bit easier.

Now, let me explain our "table":
Obviously, the price is clear. E.g., for Austria = 6 Euro.
The next figure is "1", meaning that 1 euro is taken away by the Austrian state since the VAT here is 20% (next figure).
Next figure: The payout is 74% of this 5 Euro after tax or 3.70 Euro (next figure) for you as seller. Please note that you get better payouts if your customers pay with their home phone.

That was the table and your first example, Austria. The second country you picked was Brazil: No, we do not take 75% of the money. Remember, your customers charge your product to their phone bill. And the telecom carriers are the ones who take the biggest chunk of the money (besides taxes) as they do even in the US!
Our payout table does not yet tell how much of the money goes to the telecom carrier and how much DaoPay takes. Rest assured that we only take 2-3%. For this share, we do all the background work, e.g., taking care of all the regulation work, taxes, etc.

If you read the table carefully, you will see that we tell everybody how much he/she gets. We do indicate how high the percentage is and the actual amount.

Your questions are absolutely okay in my opinion and I did not get the impression that you try to discredit me or DaoPay. And I agree, as mentioned above, that we have to improve the way we present this data. Thanks for your input! It, however, may take a while... unfortunately.

Nevertheless, we are a serious phone/SMS payment service. That is why many big and small companies have picked DaoPay.

Well, hopefully that little post answers at least most of your questions. Have a nice time and I am looking forward to communicate with you again after my holidays.

DaoArnold.
Your system is ridiculous bro.
It really stinks ass, I have no fucking idea why people use it.
I'd never use it, I know you're earning from that, but oh well, I can't blame YOU, I have to blame fucking telecoms.
If it were just 2-3%, that'd be the greatest system EVER.

I just wann figure why you're supporting servers like us, if I were you I'd keep clean and stay away from this.

Rest assured that we only take 2-3%. For this share, we do all the background work, e.g., taking care of all the regulation work, taxes, etc.

This raises a few follow-up questions of mine:

1. Do you charge on a per-call basis, or does the money you take per call depend on the country calling?

2. Why do you not include the amount of money the telecom company takes? You could contact each telecom company in your database on a per-country basis, ask them how much they charge per call, and make a neat list. Or make a compilation of this data and put an average on the page.

3. Most of all, why do you not include the amount taken by you (DaoPay) instead of just a "this is the money you get" number?

first of all, sorry for the delay. as i have mentioned in one of my previous posts, i enjoyed my holidays. now, i'm back and ready to answer all your questions.

1) both. countries and telecom carriers differ in taxes and tariffs resp.
2) sometimes things are a little bit more complex than they may appear at first glance, e.g., in some countries we co-operate with more than one telecom carrier. in other words, there is a lot of data we need and want to present to you. as i learned through discussions here in this forum, some members do not quite like the way we are handling this issue. since we want to relaunch our website, we will consider your idea how to present all the data the best possible way. thanks for your input!
3. basically, we thought that the amount you actually get is of most interest to you. as mentioned above, we want to relaunch our website and we have appreciate your input. so, if you have any further comments and ideas for our relaunch, please let me know! my e-mail address: arnold (at) daopay.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back