• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team The Forgotten Realms is looking for a mapper, scripters and testers!

Sam

Banned User
Reaction score
The Forgotten Realms
TFR Recruitment Thread

Greetings everyone!

I'm here today to say that The Forgotten Realms have opened their doors to a few new members, and hopefully we will receive a few new applications of dedicated people who would really like to be on an awesome, organized team. Please only submit an application for yourself if you are willing to dedicated yourself whenever required for the OT, with some exceptions of course -- I.E; breaks, vacations etc. (for example: almost every second week I am not able to map or script, although I still may contribute several ideas and lead the server's progress). Before you get into just "applying" to join our little team here at TFR, I'd like to give you some certain information about the server so you know what you're applying to - no use applying to something you don't want to be a part of.

This is a one in a life time chance to become a part of a server that is guaranteed to succeed; not to fall into the pits like many of the other servers that are failing - we've come this far, why give up now? ;)

What are the Forgotten Realms:
The Forgotten Realms is a dedicated project that has been worked on for over a year and doesn't plan to end anytime soon. Last week, TFR had purchased the Ere'nath map and are basing the project on that map - although be warned we have added our special touch to it and edited certain areas; so for those of you who know Ere'nath don't expect to know TFR all that well. TFR is a project, and we plan to be THE BEST. Yeah, it may be a hard assumption - but right now, out of the servers that are released I can personally guarantee you that they will not be comparable to the amount of stuff we'll have in The Forgotten Realms. Our map is currently situated at 10MB, and we plan to add over 3-5MB of pure quest lands alone. Our goal is to have over 100 quests, including basic chest quests - but hey, that is still a lot of quests!

What are we looking for:
  • 1 or 2 new mappers
  • 1 or 2 new scripters
  • Several game-testers

Below are the duties & requirements of the positions:
Mappers:
  • Able to co-operate with others
  • Able to map with dedicated, and not slack off - be dedicated to what you're doing
  • Able to map with details and in an RPG-type method
  • Able to map in certain themes & design intelligent quests
Scripters:
  • Able to script advanced scripts (such as long quests, NPCs and such)
  • Able to administrate script/NPC/quest submittions inside our private board
  • Able to be dedicated to the project
Testers:
  • Able to be patient and adventurous
  • Able to play several hours per week
  • Able to submit formal bug threads & follow instructions*
*: Testers will be awarded "tester points" for every bug they discover, dependant on the bug. For example they will be awarded 0.1 - 1 point for every map bug they find and even more for every "major" bug they find inside our server. More information inside our private tester boards.

References:
Reasons you should join TFR development team:
  • Be able to work on a very organized team and work alongside great people
  • Be able to contribute something of your own to a great project
  • Be able to actually go through with a project; not disbanding three weeks later
  • Be able to find yourself playing a server YOU created, and not some crappy downloaded server
Handy Links:
How can I apply?
Simply fill out the form below, just copy and paste it; do not erase anything - just fill in the blanks! The form can be posted here or PM'd to myself.
Code:
[NOPARSE][B]Name & Age:[/B]
[B]First Language:[/B]
[B]Position necessary:[/B]
[B]Where you are from:[/B]
[B]Experiences:[/B]
[B]Examples (scripter/mapper):[/B][/NOPARSE]

Without further delay I'll allow you guys to apply if you're interested in joining a one of a kind server - remember; our map is for RPG and not "showoff" like some other projects around the forums. I hope you guys find our project interesting and would like to join it.

Thanks for your time.
Sam (rax0n)
TFR Project Leader

Name & Age: Dylan Brunning, Age 22.
First Language: English, some Portuguese, French and Spanish.
Position necessary: Tester
Where you are from: Toronto, Canada.
Experiences: Although my registration date on this site is from 2007, I have been involved with OTs and Tibia when Reebow.net was still around. I have played many OTs, few good, a lot bad and am capable of pointing out flaws, errors the likes.
Examples (scripter/mapper): N/A.

Name & Age: Nikola Amovic, Age 18.
First Language: English, Serbian, Some Polish and German.
Where you are from: Belgrade, Serbia.
Experiences: I have played lots of servers good ones and bad ones, i was mapper,scripter and hoster on few servers,i have experience with bug's even with hard ones.
Examples (scripter/mapper): Mapper,scripter of Schwartz Reborn,Hoster Realera 7.6.

Name & Age: John Watson/20
First Language: English/Arabic
Position necessary: Tester/Mapper
Where you are from: UK/Syria
Experiences: I've been playing Tibia/Ots for 4-5 years and had one of the greatest customized ots when 7.6 was the latest version. you can check @ http://otland.net/f251/releasing-bright-server-v-2-5-exclusive-23354/
Examples (scripter/mapper):I always worked alone on my servers never worked in a team but i wanna give it a try ^^. i am sure it will be better.

Hey guys,

I'm gonna be gone for this week so I cannot setup/manage the dedicated server for the BETA test. I will still be able to get online, however. Therefore, we will not have a BETA test until next week.

..::My List::..

Name & Age: Israel / 16
First Language: Portugues-Pt~Br/ English <~" still need translators... :S"~>
necessary Position: Tester / ~Mapper-RPG~ / ~script~
Where are you from: Brazil / São Paulo
Experience: I have experience as GM of server. Basically apply the appropriate punishments and actions with this position. Experience in Hoster of otserv.
Examples (script/mapper): I have a little experience in script, is not much more. More help much in rpg, the time to do some of NPC quest / missions. =D~ "I see this forum often, but not comment anything. My English is sux for coments =/"

Mapper

]Name & Age : Zak Hawkin, Age 14
First Language:English, Some Spanish
Position necessary: A Mapper
Where you are from:USA!
Experiences:1 year of mapping, 4 years of tibia
Examples I will Post Soon

Name & Age:Rob Fledderus 18
First Language:English
Where you are from:Canada ON,
Experiences:been playing tibia back since 7.1
Examples (scripter/mapper):ive hosted many servers myself, scripted, mapped

Name & Age:Matthias 13 and skilled ;)
First Language:German (but i can speak english and polish too)
Position necessary:~Scripter~
Where you are from:Germany
Experiences:a friend of me that is GOD on tibiafun 7.6 teaches me scripting, GM on a server (impiria.no-ip.org 8.42 ONLINE <--but i don't play on this OT anymore),3 years of tibia
Examples (scripter/mapper):http://zelis.page.tl

I gave you more examples

Last edited:
Name & Age: Justin 18 yrs old
First Language:English
Position necessary: Mapper and scripter
Where you are from: Minnedosa, Maitoba
Experiences: Mapping and scripting
Examples (scripter/mapper): add mee to msn and ill send u pics
[email protected]

Back