• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Forgotten Server - always NEW version ( .exe and SVN)!

Gesior.pl

Mega Noob&LOL 2012
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
gesior
I'll try to actualize this thread 1x/week.
Here you can always find newest version of The Forgotten Server. I download from SVN "tags" (newest TFS 0.2.13 version) and compile for you :)

Server made by TFS developers!

Last actualization of this post: 28 July 2008
Last rev. posted here: 1000

[8.2/8.21]TFS 0.2.13 rev. ~1000 modified by Gesior
SPEEDYSHARE HOST
(in this file are .exe [console version], databases [mysql and sqlite] schema, "data" directory, official documents about TFS and all needed libraries [.dll])

What I added to TFS 0.2.13:
- basespeed in vocations.xml - you can change default move speed of each vocation - 220 is deafult speed
<vocation id="1" name="Sorcerer" description="a sorcerer" basespeed="220" gaincap="10" ...
- /invisible command for GMs posted by Pedro B. on otf*ns.net forum
- fixed bug with IP bans - in normal TFS 0.2.13 when you ban someone IP it's banned until server restart/crash, not for 24 hours, bug reported to TFS developer
- IP bans loaded/saved in real time from/in database (like in TFS 0.3) - no more problems with "unban IP", now hoster open MySQL/SQLite database and delete record with IP ban, then player can login, don't have to restart server/reload anything
- Extra options in config.lua, bans configurable:
Code:
	--show how many HP player/monster heal
	showHealingDamage = "yes"
	-- show animatex text CRITICAL near player who do critical hit
	displayCriticalHitNotify = "yes"
	-- clean protection zones when clean map
	cleanProtectedZones = "yes"
	-- default 3 hours IP ban
	ipBanishmentTime = 3 * 60 * 60
	-- default 1 day account ban - give one warning point always
	normalBanishmentTime = 1 * 24 * 60 * 60
	-- default 3 days account ban - give warningsToFinalBan warning points always
	finalBanishmentTime = 3 * 24 * 60 * 60
	-- it is permement ban, not real deletion from database
	warningsToDeletion = 4
	-- when player has 3 warnings server ban for finalBanishmentTime
	warningsToFinalBan = 3
- TFS console version, all needed DLLs, data folder with modified commands.xml and vocations.xml, sources (modified) and official TFS documents included, compiled with parameter "-D__GLOBAL_STORAGE__" - you can use this distro with my graphic statistics (posted on Forum --> Web Applications)!

Last edited:
I think I saw someone doing it already but good work. Why don't you upload it to otland instead of speedyshare?

I think I saw someone doing it already but good work. Why don't you upload it to otland instead of speedyshare?

I post it on few forums. I have upload 256kb/s and dont want upload few times ~20MB

nice^^ but it would be nice too if you add console versions too not only gui ;p

Yes, add console version too ! And there is 818 revision already ;) (of course it was joke :D I don't expect you will stay 24/7 in front of pc and waiting for new revision :D)

And what else I can say? Nice idea and nice work :p

Yes, add console version too ! And there is 818 revision already ;) (of course it was joke :D I don't expect you will stay 24/7 in front of pc and waiting for new revision :D)

And what else I can say? Nice idea and nice work :p
Elf told me rev. 815 is stable, not every version from "trunk" is stable and I must ask him before I compile :)
Console version? Maybe. I'm making my OTS now.

Great release.
about the end rev difference is nothing except some 0.01% edit can be made easily.

Elf told me rev. 815 is stable, not every version from "trunk" is stable and I must ask him before I compile :)
Console version? Maybe. I'm making my OTS now.

Ahh :) okey :p I understand :)
Also Could I ask you about your account maker?:D I just have idea that you can add some things from erig.net ;) also gl with your server

LOL?

- If the player lose 1 health point he dead.
- If the god lose 1 health point he no dead, but your hp/name bar isin't showing.
- Commands no working.
- OnThink no working.

LOL?

- If the player lose 1 health point he dead.
- If the god lose 1 health point he no dead, but your hp/name bar isin't showing.
- Commands no working.
- OnThink no working.
TFS 0.3:
1. 00:33 You lose 25 hitpoints due to an attack by cyklopa. - Problem?
2. God lose HP? :>
3. What commands? Maybe you just don't know how to use, now "commands" are in talkactions, /B TEXT - now /b "TEXT
4. Did you register it? Not only add to creature script. Now you must add it to "login.lua":
Code:
	registerCreatureEvent(cid, "Think")
Like deaths:
Code:
	registerCreatureEvent(cid, "PlayerDeath")

help me gesior

Warning: Error parsing C:/xxxxxx/config.lua on line 33 in C:\xampp\htdocs\config-and-functions.php on line 28
Database error. Unknown database type in C:/xxxxx/config.lua . Must be equal to: "mysql" or "sqlite". Now is: ""

when i tryting put TFS 0.3 make this error

Gesior!!! THE DEATHLIST DON'T WORK :S
FIX YOUR SCRIPTS! :thumbup:
Last Death - my acc. maker said:
GM GHesiro killed at level 64 by a Cyklop.
Druid Sample killed at level 1 by a Smoczek.
Page about player - my acc. maker said:
Deaths
22 May 2008, 09:46 Killed at Level 64 by a Cyklop.
IT WORK!
TFS 0.3, rev. 815, orginal creaturescripts with added "jail system", "onAdvance rook system", "gesior shop 0.1"
Loira said:
help me gesior

Warning: Error parsing C:/xxxxxx/config.lua on line 33 in C:\xampp\htdocs\config-and-functions.php on line 28
Database error. Unknown database type in C:/xxxxx/config.lua . Must be equal to: "mysql" or "sqlite". Now is: ""

when i tryting put TFS 0.3 make this error
From your config.lua delete:
Code:
	--[[ 
	*** temporally(?) deprected ***
	deathLosePercent = 10
	]]--
and change:
Code:
	housesPerAccount = 0 -- 0 = no limit
to:
Code:
	housesPerAccount = 0

0.2 rev 815 is stable right? Any easy way to update from 770 to 815? download and replace config.lua and the tfs.exe and it will work good?

0.2 rev 815 is stable right? Any easy way to update from 770 to 815? download and replace config.lua and the tfs.exe and it will work good?
If any changes in database you will see error in TFS console when login/logout, add needed columns.

I suggest you to wait for official releases, because those unofficial releases doesn't do more than cause trouble for you. An example why is:

Let's say version 3.1 of some software has been released by its official developers and it has a SVN revision of 58172. In SVN revision 58224 the developers add experimental changes to try out something, let's say it removes three database field and adds two others. A user of this software downloads this revision and uploads it on the forum, everyone download it and patch those changes. In SVN revision 58226 the developers change their mind and think it was a bad idea, they revert the changes, but they don't give you any patch to revert the database changes you already done when you used the unofficial release. The official developers release 3.2 and everyone who has used the unofficial release now has a broken table in their database and unless the user has SQL knowledge and can repair it or will use an backup before he used the unofficial released version.

Think about this when you download those binaries, especially those who download 0.3 which hasn't even had it's official Beta release yet.

Back