• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Forgotten Server Icon Competition - Voting thread - V2

What submission do you think is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shit. I have to remember this in case i want to take part in the next mapping contest. If my piece gets 3 votes from (for example) @eiserne festung @Blackstone @Mackan™ and another guy's work gets 30 votes from new users then i will definitely consider myself a winner. Thanks for the tip.
View attachment 58280

Congrats @ralke !
just making a point.. I get what youre saying and I agree to your point.. However if I ran a mapping contest, and I looked at the votes, I would value Shirako's or Peroxide's vote over a newly joined user or an alt acc, for sure. What's stopping someone from using 5/10 alt accounts they have over different VPN servers? I know someone who has 8 alt accounts here, all from pre2015.. just to spam on advert posts. I would run the poll for longer than a week so you get a few more users on the board. I was lucky to get my vote in..

Last edited:
just making a point.. I get what youre saying and I agree to your point.. However if I ran a mapping contest, and I looked at the votes, I would value Shirako's or Peroxide's vote over a newly joined user or an alt acc, for sure. What's stopping someone from using 5/10 alt accounts they have over different VPN servers? I know someone who has 8 alt accounts here, all from pre2015.. just to spam on advert posts. I would run the poll for longer than a week so you get a few more users on the board. I was lucky to get my vote in..
We can't really value a person's vote more than another's vote. Imagine how that would be in real life, in a democracy. Actually, don't imagine that. I don't wanna bring politics into this.
I get your point with veteran users, I do. Albeit few of these "random" members you are referring to, apparently have been around in the scene for a long time.

I'm up for another voting round if that's what people want. We'd need a bit more feedback from other users for that to happen though.

If another voting round happen, I do recommend 3 things:

1. The voting SHOULD LAST FOR MUCH MORE THAN 1 WEEK. Otherwise, anyone could simply create new fake users, call their friends or call random users to vote on them. Also, there are probably many people that don't even know about this poll, since it ended too quickly.

2. The voting should only count users with at least (1 year? or something like it) of OTLand's registration. This avoids cheating again and new people that don't really care about the result.

3. All entries should show all icon sizes as I did (tiny, small, normal, big would be enough), instead just full size. This because when I putted 'TFS' characters in my icons, some people warned me about the 'TFS' not being readable on small sizes, so I tried to change again, again and again. Now we have some entries that has unreadable TFS when it gets small and no one said a word about it. Why? Because, in here, all entries are in full size. But we are trying to choose an ICON that is SMALL, not BIG.

My icon sizes are these:

1620116412636.png

1620116597664.png

1620116656954.png

1620116696746.png
tfs_icon_1_1024x.png

And I don't agree the idea of someone's vote value more than another one.
Mark, the owner of TFS and this forum, voted on mine. So would I win just because of that?
Don't do that.

Last edited:
We can't really value a person's vote more than another's vote. Imagine how that would be in real life, in a democracy. Actually, don't imagine that. I don't wanna bring politics into this.
I get your point with veteran users, I do. Albeit few of these "random" members you are referring to, apparently have been around in the scene for a long time.

I'm up for another voting round if that's what people want. We'd need a bit more feedback from other users for that to happen though.
I agree, I wasnt being serious that someones vote should count more than others, you couldnt quantify or justify that. I should have clarified. Never would I advocate for such a system in a general sense. Was just trying to make a point that when I look at the users who did vote, when considering potential alt accs, it could skew the vote with such a small sample size.

@River KA made a good point about icon size.

Last edited:
I'd let contributors to the TFS project do the final voting through github with the top3. This way you can somehow ensure no fake votes.

21/27/28 votes is not a clear win and taking a look at the voters just gives me more doubts.

Just to throw my 2c in - I visit this forum daily and had no idea this thread even existed. I had no idea the previous thread even existed. As far as I knew, the submission process was ongoing.
The current little popup box at the top of the forum for me still reads: "Sign up for TFS Icon Competition! The prize includes Otland Premium time and a medal, as well as obviously taking part in TFS history."

If I had have known about the thread I would have voted, and probably others are in the same situation. Not that it matters now, but my vote would have gone to #4 or #9.

Last edited:
If you are going to make vote3 you have to broadcast it in box instead of icon competition between a week is good time for all users because almost of members open once a week or something i think it mustn't be no longer more than it for release TFS 1.4 as soon as possible because all people got mad from being so late to release it .

I like nekiros idea of running again with the 3 top votes, and with extended voting.

In my opinion i think super new accounts should not be allowed to vote, not only because they might be 'fake' but because they probably haven't been around to know what TFS or its logo means. I understand if that's out of the question though as their input is still valuable.

Another possible solution would be to package the top 3 icons together, and the winning icon is the default icon. Because honestly, they're all amazing.

you can all say quality over quantity but in this case It would be nice to use all logos ! I mean we have so many distros tfs 0.4 tfs 1.2 Othire OTX so might aswell make each of those unique to their own. even yurots! :D

And...? @WibbenZ :)
Travolta GIF by memecandy

Last edited:
#9 won imo. You should give the users who have contributed more and been around longer, a little more weight to their votes.. Znote and Nekiro alone should have 5 votes a piece xD. (Sarcasm) but yea idk

The votes on #5 are .... you got the admin.. and 2 global mods... Then recently joined users / no points / messages .... xD
View attachment 58276
View attachment 58277
View attachment 58278
View attachment 58279
aGKkS5.jpg

aCczmW.jpg
Omg, this is legit the most retarded thing I've ever heard 😂 Thanks for the amazing start to my day sir!

Omg, this is legit the most retarded thing I've ever heard 😂 Thanks for the amazing start to my day sir!
I should have never wrote that, text sarcasm seems to be hard to detect here for some xD did you see my following post?
I agree, I wasnt being serious that someones vote should count more than others, you couldnt quantify or justify that. I should have clarified. Never would I advocate for such a system in a general sense. Was just trying to make a point that when I look at the users who did vote, when considering potential alt accs, it could skew the vote with such a small sample size.

@River KA made a good point about icon size.

Last edited:
it looks like half of them looked on someone elses design and just changed a small detail to make it their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back