• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Forgotten Server v0.2 (Mystic Spirit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
0.2 Patch 7 has been released. View first post for more information.

@up: Try your NPC's with Patch 7 and let me know if they work.

Source code (rev1068, tags/0.2): (using exacly same sources as tala, without any changes)
http://forgottenserver.svn.sf.net/

Released in .rar format, with all the .ddl files included. Some users got issues with extracting from 7z.

with patch 7:

Hey Talaturen, do you know what do we have to replace in the NPC scripts folder? If I just replace the whole folder, all my other scripts will be gone, same with items.xml, if I replace items.xml, I'll lose all my item edits.

Only the scripts which comes with TFS.

I downloaded path 7 but I dont see there Oracle :d :> Am I blind or u just missed ?
Files added: data/npc/The Oracle.xml.

Must have missed it, will be added in Patch 8 then.

For some reason my Descriptions are messed up. I tried connecting on an 8.21 client and an 8.22 client to test this out.

No matter what I look at it says the following. (For Example, Looking at a staircase).

"15:42 You see an item of type 1396."

Edit: This is with patch 7.

EDIT: Nevermind, this error was caused by my own fault.

Last edited:
The ShopModule:addBuyableItemContainer still not working :(

It works, but you have to buy the item container the old way, not with trade window.

For some reason my Descriptions are messed up. I tried connecting on an 8.21 client and an 8.22 client to test this out.

No matter what I look at it says the following. (For Example, Looking at a staircase).

"15:42 You see an item of type 1396."

Edit: This is with patch 7.

Something is wrong with your items.xml.

It works, but you have to buy the item container the old way, not with trade window.

But the NPC isn't loading if I add a line like that:

Code:
ShopModule:addBuyableItemContainer({'backpack of smp', 'bp of smp'}, 2001, 7589, 310, 'backpack of strong mana potion')

I receive this error:
Code:
[15/08/2008  17:00:11] data/npc/lib/npcsystem/modules.lua:785: attempt to index field 'npcHandler' (a nil value)
[15/08/2008  17:00:11] [Warning - NpcScript::NpcScript] Can not load script: data/npc/scripts/runes.lua

Try this one (can't remember who made it, got it somewhere in this thread and made it compatible):
Code:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

function onCreatureAppear(cid) npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid) end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid) npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid) end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) end
function onThink() npcHandler:onThink() end

local shopModule = ShopModule:new()
npcHandler:addModule(shopModule)

shopModule:addBuyableItemContainer({'bp sd'}, 2003, 2268, 6500, 6, 'backpack of sudden death')
shopModule:addBuyableItemContainer({'bp uh'}, 2002, 2273, 3500, 2, 'backpack of ultimate healing')

npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Try this one (can't remember who made it, got it somewhere in this thread and made it compatible):
Code:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

function onCreatureAppear(cid) npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid) end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid) npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid) end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) end
function onThink() npcHandler:onThink() end

local shopModule = ShopModule:new()
npcHandler:addModule(shopModule)

shopModule:addBuyableItemContainer({'bp sd'}, 2003, 2268, 6500, 6, 'backpack of sudden death')
shopModule:addBuyableItemContainer({'bp uh'}, 2002, 2273, 3500, 2, 'backpack of ultimate healing')

npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

It works, but why my version (with potions) isn't working?

And there is a bug, if the player doesn't have cap or free slot, the npc will take the money but not put the backpacks on the ground.

TheMask already reported it to me and I've fixed it for Patch 8.

Talaturen you recommend the use of database the 0.3? Which the difference of the 0.2 for 0.3 and where I obtain the 0.3?

:rolleyes:

0.3 is still in pre-alpha stage, we will not provide support for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back