• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Forgotten Server v0.3 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm maybe my scripts are wrong, but I tried the exhausted thing, when I reloaded config.lua no changes happened to the server until I closed it.

Oh yeah btw, how does the new quest system works now? I tried in RME Map Editor just adding the uniqueid, it works... but instead of saying the item u get it says "You have found a chest" so I don't know how to fix that.

Anybody else has the same problem? or how to fix it?

Btw Addons and Outfits dont save, whenever you change outfits the addons erase.

Mmm maybe my scripts are wrong, but I tried the exhausted thing, when I reloaded config.lua no changes happened to the server until I closed it.

Oh yeah btw, how does the new quest system works now? I tried in RME Map Editor just adding the uniqueid, it works... but instead of saying the item u get it says "You have found a chest" so I don't know how to fix that.

Anybody else has the same problem? or how to fix it?

Btw Addons and Outfits dont save, whenever you change outfits the addons erase.

http://otland.net/f123/0-3-quest-system-15890/

master-m u are great on makin tutorials and that new quest tutorial is crazy think u can make a new one rep+?

master-m u are great on makin tutorials and that new quest tutorial is crazy think u can make a new one rep+?

Basic Usage of the new quest system
You have to place a chest on your map! Then, set an actionid(2000) and uniqueid you wish on it, but watch out- it will be used as storage for player!

Now, if the item is not a container, just save your map and run on server- reward will be a clone of the item you've used.
If not, then put to the container item(s) you wish to be as reward(s).
Follow the save and run part, and poff, you've just designed a quest!

Thats what elf posted.

so what you have to do is:
Place a chest.
Rightclick on it and press properties.
Give it actionid 2000 and a unique id you want.
Now under contents, rightclick press add item.
Select the item you want as reward.
Press ok & save

k i fully understand yours but one part... doesn't the unique id have to be the item id u said 'unique id you want.' am i right? and also all my quest chests have to be 2000?

k i fully understand yours but one part... doesn't the unique id have to be the item id u said 'unique id you want.' am i right? and also all my quest chests have to be 2000?

nah unqiue id is just so you can't move the chest I guess. And yes I think he means quest chest actionid == 2000. not sure. can you test if it works and reply?

The unique id on the chest is the storage vaule, Always place an unique id never used for any storage value or any other quests on the chest. The items you add inside will be the items the player obtain when you open the chest.

//Massen

nah man it aint workin maybe try to test it yourself... another thing so this means since this new tfs we have to re do quests right like all of them?
except manually added ones like poi and anni and such?

EDIT: Can someone give me an example that works so i can use ur example.. lol this is retarded?

I did everything u said master-m still not working.

Last edited by a moderator:
nah man it aint workin maybe try to test it yourself... another thing so this means since this new tfs we have to re do quests right like all of them?
except manually added ones like poi and anni and such?

EDIT: Can someone give me an example that works so i can use ur example.. lol this is retarded?

I did everything u said master-m still not working.

Okej I'm gonna test something now for ya^^

Edit:

Okej every chest needs actionid 2000. Then you need to give the chest an unique id of your choice(this is for the storagevalue, to check if u have done the quest before).

I'm getting 1 problem. I get the chest+ the item lol!xd
Someoneelse has this problem also?

Last edited:
k so far i have not slept since tfs beta 1 came out so far i have resolved all my problems but 2 'quests' and 'talk actions'.

Anybody is having problems in guild and addons? :/
My addons don't save and when player joins into a guild his name appers like this:
"You see Exemple (Level 200). He is a master sorcerer. He is a Vice-Leader of the ."

Very good work as always.
Waiting for the bugfixes and its looking that there aren't so much bugs in this version =)

But I didn't know why the quest system got changed this will make the people more lazy(<-- is that right?), it's just use basic lua codes to do complex quests.
And obtaining exp from chests is also desnecessary cuz it sucks, exp must be given by an NPC.

Anyway this must help the newbies a lot.

Anybody is having problems in guild and addons? :/
My addons don't save and when player joins into a guild his name appers like this:
"You see Exemple (Level 200). He is a master sorcerer. He is a Vice-Leader of the ."

Got the same problems and quest system doesnt work really well, or at least dont know how to make it work.<_<

New quest system wont even work...

Try to make this:
Create a file with name quests.lua in "\data\actions\scripts\quests" and put this script inside
PHP:
local annihilatorReward = {1990, 2400, 2431, 2494}
function onUse(cid, item, fromPosition, itemEx, toPosition)
	if item.uid > 1000 and item.uid < 10000 then
		local itemWeight = getItemWeightById(item.uid, 1)
		local playerCap = getPlayerFreeCap(cid)
		if isInArray(annihilatorReward, item.uid) == TRUE then
			if getPlayerStorageValue(cid, 30015) == -1 then
				if playerCap >= itemWeight then
					if item.uid == 1990 then
						local container = doPlayerAddItem(cid, 1990, 1)
						doAddContainerItem(container[1], 2326, 1)
					else
						doPlayerAddItem(cid, item.uid, 1)
					end
					doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, 'You have found a ' .. getItemNameById(item.uid) .. '.')
					setPlayerStorageValue(cid, 30015, 1)
				else
					doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, 'You have found a ' .. getItemNameById(item.uid) .. ' weighing ' .. itemWeight .. ' oz it\'s too heavy.')
				end
			else
				doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "It is empty.")
			end
		elseif getPlayerStorageValue(cid, item.uid) == -1 then
			if playerCap >= itemWeight then
				doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, 'You have found a ' .. getItemNameById(item.uid) .. '.')
				doPlayerAddItem(cid, item.uid ,1)
				setPlayerStorageValue(cid, item.uid, 1)
			else
				doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, 'You have found a ' .. getItemNameById(item.uid) .. ' weighing ' .. itemWeight .. ' oz it\'s too heavy.')
			end
		else
			doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "It is empty.")
		end
	else
		return FALSE
	end
	return TRUE
end

Now go to "actions.xml" and put this:
PHP:
	<action fromid="1740" toid="1740" script="quests/quests.lua"/>
	<action fromid="1747" toid="1749" script="quests/quests.lua"/>

I made this in my server and the quests works perfectly. :)

Ty Atentador worked like a charm!..... ONE MORE THING!

WHY ARE MY TALK ACTIONS FUCKING UP!

[03/12/2008 17:56:26] Lua Script Error: [TalkAction Interface]
[03/12/2008 17:56:26] data/talkactions/scripts/serverinfo.lua:eek:nSay

[03/12/2008 17:56:26] data/talkactions/scripts/serverinfo.lua:11: attempt to concatenate field 'rateExp' (a nil value)
[03/12/2008 17:56:26] stack traceback:
[03/12/2008 17:56:26] data/talkactions/scripts/serverinfo.lua:11: in function <data/talkactions/scripts/serverinfo.lua:10>

Put this into your serverinfo.lua
PHP:
local config = {
	rateExp = getConfigInfo('rateExp'),
	rateSkill = getConfigInfo('rateSkill'),
	rateLoot = getConfigInfo('rateLoot'),
	rateMagic = getConfigInfo('rateMagic'),
	rateSpawn = getConfigInfo('rateSpawn'),
	protectionLevel = getConfigInfo('protectionLevel')
}

function onSay(cid, words, param)
	doPlayerPopupFYI(cid, "Server Information:\n\nExperience rate: x" .. config.rateExp .. "\nSkills rate: x" .. config.rateSkill .. "\nLoot rate: x" .. config.rateLoot .. "\nMagic rate: x" .. config.rateMagic .. "\nSpawns rate: x" .. config.rateSpawn .. "\nProtection level: " .. config.protectionLevel)
	return TRUE
end

Remember to make a backup before. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back