• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Lost Kingdom Revival (Custom Vocs, Indepth RPG Map) Discussion/Feedback

kyoushirou

I like trains
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: I will present everything simplified and not very glorified or organized. If you're looking for a better look of what the server really is, wait until I present an advertising thread. Don't expect fancy screenshots or BB code.

Updated spell lists on page 2.

Report a Bug:
Click Here

Bug List & Status
Click Here

Hi! I've just returned to the glorious world of OTs after a long absence (Seriously. Years.) and I've started up a project I've always wanted to do.
I've gotten quite far in development, and I'm mostly looking for feedback or suggestions on the existing vocations and ideas.
Basically, everything I'm going to talk about is finished and ready, I'm just looking for input and changes to it.

The server is inspired by an old server that I played a lot and eventually joined the development team of: The Lost Kingdom.

Vocations

TLK's main selling point was the 11 Custom Vocations, the map was honestly quite bad.
Wraith - Summoning class with 1 main summon.
Raiser - Summoning class with lots of summons, 5 at once.
Brawler - Melee fist fighter
Masher - Melee club fighter
Barbarian - Melee axe fighter
Magician - Mage
Runist - Rune user
Shifter - Shapeshifter, changed spells depending on form.
Ranger - Spears. SPEAAAARS.
Paladin - Hybrid, could use both sword and ranged weapons.
Swordsman - Sword and Tank fighter

While a great concept, this felt too limiting for me. You pick a vocation because you want a special playstyle, not to feel locked into that playstyle unable to hunt different monsters and do different things.

As this is inspired by TLK and not the same server, my solution to this problem was to make all new and interesting classes: but not 11. Instead I've chosen to create 5 new broad classes.

Another thing to note is that I've increased all player attackspeeds up to 1400ms instead of 2000ms in order to make the game feel faster and more fluid.

the Paladin
The Crusader can choose to be promoted to a Paladin at level 50.

The idea behind the Paladin is to be a warrior of light, skilled at both destroying the unholy and supporting his party with blessings and healing magic.

I felt that a full on support class would never work. It would get dull and boring.

Instead I decided to go for a hybrid that works best by combining magic with physical fighting.
The Paladin can use both melee and distance fighting, and advances fast in shielding. The magiclevel rate is very similar to a real tibia paladin. Due to the fact that skill rates won't be incredibly high, it's favorable to pick one early on and stick to it.

The concept is that you can decide to play as a melee paladin fighting in the front lines, or a bard like playstyle fighting from the back lines supporting your party.
The main distance type would be spears and shield.

The skill speed compared to other voc won't be as slow as one could imagine, 10% slower than a warrior in melee or 15% slower than an archer in distance. Magic level is a bit of a middle ground.

Paladins can currently use the following potions: SMP, SHP, GHP, GSP.

Stat gain TL;DR
Health/Level: 15
Mana/Level: 10

Melee Speed: Fast
Distance Speed: Fast
Shielding Speed: Best
Magic Speed: Medium

the Warrior

The Fighter can be promoted into a Warrior at level 50.

The tibia knight feels very.. slow. I wanted something faster in melee. Something that's mainly a dps but can tank if you feel like it. Still, you shouldn't be scared to use two-handers.
Very inspired by the old TLK Barbarian.

I've taken the base tibia knight, increased the health gain, increased base speed, moved some spells from mana to health and added spells. This paired with the increased attackspeed makes it feel very different. (in a good way imo).

Warriors can currently use the following potions: SHP, GHP, UHP.

Stat gain TL;DR
Health/Level: 20
Mana/Level: 5

Melee Speed: Best
Distance Speed: Slow
Shielding Speed: Fast
Magic Speed: Very Slow

the Archer

Rangers can be promoted into Archers at level 50.

Most ranged classes I've seen in Tibia either get very hybrid-y or very boring. I decided to imagine what I wanted to do if I went for an archer. Of course they can use both shields and spears aswell as bows and crossbows. But instead of the tibia approach of adding one element to them I decided to buff elemental arrows of all types, let them conjure them aswell as add more flavour spells to breathe some life into what is a very simple core-concept.

Essentially, as the warrior I want it to be as active as a caster while not being one.

Archers can use the following potions: SHP, GHP, SMP, GSP

As with earlier classes, not listing all general and obvious spells:
Stat gain TL;DR
Health/Level: 10
Mana/Level: 15

Melee Speed: Slow
Distance Speed: Best
Shielding Speed: Medium
Magic Speed: Medium

-- Continues below.

Last edited:
hi, i love servers with many vocations but keep in mind its very hard to balance them. I have also few questions about your server, what tibia version are you using? Botting is legal? What are exp rates? Will be there any mysteriando quests? (not like just go kill some monsters, take a reward)

I'm now convinced the spoiler tag is the devil.

the Mage

Since I really loved Alchemists in TLK and wanted to keep them and add a twist to them of my own, Mages could absolutley not have runes. While they can use all the class-wide runes (Mwalls etc), attacking runes are reserved for Alchemists only.

Mages have the idea of being a pure spellcaster with control over all elements, other than customized and extended spells I've added the concept of the TLK Wraith to the Mage.

Mages have Familiars.

Familiars are the only types of summon at the moment. Mages can have one active at a time.
They can summon a familiar of their choice of element. I'm considering adding a type of mastery for this (eg you have to visist a NPC, or finish a quest to unlock them or change which one you can summon for the moment.)

Familiars are elementals of course, and each element has a different selection of spells and behaviour.

Now, the cool part of Familiars is that they actually scale.
And not the "I made 100 monsters, 1 for each level up to 100 :D" kind of scaling. They scale based on your movement speed, health and magic level. Everything down to their melee damage changes depending on your characters stats and possibly quests and upgrades (undecided).

Mages have access to the obvious potions: SMP, GMP.

Without further jabbering, here are some mage spells:

Support Spells
Intense Healing
Ultimate Healing
Cure Elements
Creature Illusion
Strong Haste
Invisibility
Cancel Invisiblity
Enchant Party
Heal Familiar
Call Familiar

Offensive Spells
Electirfy, Ignite etc.
Flame/Frost/Earth/Energy/Death Strike
Flame/Frost/Earth/Energy/Death Beam
Flame/Frost/Earth/Energy/Death Wave
Flame/Frost/Earth/Energy/Death Explosion (GFB on Target basically)
Strong Strikes
Ultimate Strikes
A few flavor spells in mind (Time Warp, Hurricane..)

Stat gain TL;DR
Health/Level: 5
Mana/Level: 30
Distance Speed: Very Slow
Shielding Speed: Slow
Magic Speed: Best

the Alchemist
The base alchemist on TLK was your basic rune-addict. Literally only runes, basic strikes and your rod.
And it worked well.

My version of the Alchemist is similar, but with a few twists. Runes for every element starting with basic HMM-style runes for every element, and a stronger enhanced SD-Style version of every element. Same with GFB-Style runes.

Of course alchemists have access to all the other basic runes, mwalls, boms, wild growths. Alchemists can also conjure mana potions.

EDIT: One of my ideas is the ability for alchemists to "throw" potions on friends with spells, eg berserking potions, healing potions etc.

I still have a few things I want to add to the Alchemist but for now..

Support Spells
Intense Healing
Ultimate Healing
Cure Elements
Strong Haste

Invisibility
Attack Spells
Strike Spells
Runes

Heavy Magic Missile
Stalagmite
Burning Missile
Cursed Missile
Holy Missile
Icicle

Sudden Death

Blizzard Blast
Thunderbolt
Magic Rockthrow
Inferno
White Destruction

Great Fireball
Avalanche
Stone Shower
Thunderstorm
Blessed Explosion
Cursed Explosion

Mass Healing Rune
Healing Runes

Mix Mana Potion (Normal, Strong, Great)
Mix Health Potion (Normal, Strong, Great, Ultimate)

Stat gain TL;DR
Health/Level: 7
Mana/Level: 27
Distance Speed: Very Slow
Shielding Speed: Slow
Magic Speed: Very Fast
the Map

Is very much a work in progress. One town is finished, and hunting grounds have just started.
Not really in discussion until I launch a public test, I'm a decent mapper but not an amazing one.

Last edited:
hi, i love servers with many vocations but keep in mind its very hard to balance them. I have also few questions about your server, what tibia version are you using? Botting is legal? What are exp rates? Will be there any mysteriando quests? (not like just go kill some monsters, take a reward)

Hi! I have a lot of experience in balancing custom vocations and it's one of the parts I enjoy the most. With my enthusiasm and feedback from players, I think it'll work out great.
Currently I'm building the server based on the 10.77 protocol. Botting will NOT be legal and will result in a permanent ban.

Of course there will be hard quests, it's the major goal of the server. I'm very inspired by another old (and amazing server) when it comes to quests and map. - The Lost Lands.
Keys, mysteries, npcs with actual stories, pickholes etc is my passion.

As for exp rate I've been thinking about 5x, with slightly higher stages before 70 or 80. It's yet to be decided though.

And as a note I can add that I'm very experienced when it comes to OTs, been around (more or less the last few years) since the glory days. I don't intend to make a "I unpacked this and added some quest chests" server.

Not getting too much input (Some comments, some hype). Any ideas? Quests etc are more than welcome.

The last one I added is a short run-around quest where you help the weapon npc in Radania (the current only town) get a contract with one of the djinn factions and in return he gives you a discount.

Map is progressing nicely.

Last edited:
Don't see a class that is more of a burst squishy type for pvp would be cool

Do you mean something like the real tibia mage or do you mean even burstier?
Hmm..

This looks really cool because I'm a sucker for custom vocations.

This is a big driving force for me. I've always wanted to create a server with RPG elements of a high level (Aka good, immersive game world and quests). But it'd feel unoriginal without a good core concept. I hope to add some fun gameplay aspects with the custom vocations.

I'm reworking to Mage at the moment because it felt a lot like a real tibia sorcerer without runes.
So far I've made and changed:
Elemental Barrage - A 25 second CD Spell that shoots one strike of each element in rapid succession.
Cancel Mana Shield
Evocation - A 3 minute cooldown spell that instantly gives you some mana back
Time Warp - AoE Strong Haste
Time Warp Friend - utani sio "Zealan

I'm thinking of doing it so that your elemental enhances your spells of that element, and I'm changing all the waves and strikes to each be different from the other a bit.

This looks quite epic, i would really like to play an old-style rpg server with alot of custom stuff. I wouldn't recommend mixing the RL-tibia spells with new ones (they dont really seem to work out well with eachother), I'd rather create a whole new skillset for a new vocation. The vocations look very interesting in a way i've never seen before, and they might develop a whole new experience of playing. I hope you will continue your work and i wish you the best of luck!

This looks quite epic, i would really like to play an old-style rpg server with alot of custom stuff. I wouldn't recommend mixing the RL-tibia spells with new ones (they dont really seem to work out well with eachother), I'd rather create a whole new skillset for a new vocation. The vocations look very interesting in a way i've never seen before, and they might develop a whole new experience of playing. I hope you will continue your work and i wish you the best of luck!

Wish I could go back to creating an OT, those where so fun, sadly my internet is nothing right now, bleh. but good luck to you.

And something thats insanely bursty giving you just enough time to heal when used right

I'll be using some real tibia spells that are just well designed (Normal strikes for example, exura sio, utevo lux etc) but the plan is to work then into my kit, not the other way around.

Wish I could go back to creating an OT, those where so fun, sadly my internet is nothing right now, bleh. but good luck to you.

And something thats insanely bursty giving you just enough time to heal when used right

I'll keep thinking about it, not an entire voc but rather ways to add the idea without breaking the balance. I am adding some high cooldown bursty spells (Elemental Barrage, Barrage for example.) but nothing out of hand.
There's a lot of balancing work going on at the moment.

-

I decided to add elementals empowering their respective spelltypes. Here's a demo, although I'm probably going to improve it further.
Should I keep the thing where I made the summon talk as you shoot an empowered spell?

No, the map is much too small at the moment. This is me testing it privately.
I'm looking for as much feedback on the ideas as possible while I'm working on the map. As soon as the main town and enough hunting spots are finished I'll launch a test server.

This spell took me way too long. There's a similar one for mages.

Harpoon Pull (for Warriors)

Also more mage spells:
Inferno
Gravity Pull (the mentioned one)
Updated names, areas and looks for most wave and area spells for more immersion.

I'm pretty satisfied with the mage for now as a base. Thoughts on the mage? I'll be moving on to the Alchemist next.

Last edited:
I played this server back in the days and as the highest runist I can say this is exactly what you're looking for. Very high damage, very squishy. The magician is the same but they're using spells instead, with a bit lower damage but more survivability.

Kyou, I'm looking forward to this, any more info regarding launch date etc?

I played this server back in the days and as the highest runist I can say this is exactly what you're looking for. Very high damage, very squishy. The magician is the same but they're using spells instead, with a bit lower damage but more survivability.

Kyou, I'm looking forward to this, any more info regarding launch date etc?

I expect to be done with vocations before this weekend is over.
If I push it I'd say map is ready for a short weekend beta or alike next friday. Another week or 2 tops for a longer test (aka until there's enough content for an actual launch)

Finished some Archer spells.

EDIT: Dope23 offered me a spot on his hosting machine. He's given me full access so I'll be pushing for an early test version (Mostly for people to see spells and mapping styles) this weekend.

Last edited:
Tonight at 22:00 CET for better or for worse I'll put up a very small test. It'll be one of the the 2 towns, 1 spawn and 3 quests inside the town and spawn and most likely every vocation except the Alchemist.

I'll post the IP and a short intro in this thread when it's available.

(Basically, it'll be tourist mode.)

Back