• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

"The MOTD field must contain a valid string."

Grehy

Killroy
Reaction score
When trying to edit the guild description, I get this error;

Error:

The MOTD field must contain a valid string.

Also, posting threads on the forums just plain sucks. The spacing and textual effects such as larger font do not work at all.

Edit: Seems to only do this when my MOTD ends with a period?

When deleting a thread in my guild forum;

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

Last edited:
About the forum style.. it sometimes gets overwritten by your layout's css

And true.. characters like .,'\ etc are not allowed for some reason.. same in profile functions such as location you can't use commas

Where it says that, you can put characters only A-Z 0-9 and spaces, no non-standards characters.

I guess, the forum it's because I've added strip_tags() so there is no HTML at all in forum posts.

I will check the rest out later.

Where it says that, you can put characters only A-Z 0-9 and spaces, no non-standards characters.

I guess, the forum it's because I've added strip_tags() so there is no HTML at all in forum posts.

I will check the rest out later.

Alright thanks, I'm sure I could edit the motd myself in the db with a period if I wanted it. That and a few other errors with guilds that come up are confusing, I'm not sure what I did wrong until a while after. One more thing with guilds though; if you change someone's title while they are online, it resets their position in the guild and the title will not stick. My other complaint would be no custom member ranks in guilds? Or have I just not found where to edit this?

Back