• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The OX Server pre-banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntax

Developer
Reaction score
We launched today and went to add our server to your list and we were given the message:

IP: us.theoxserver.com
This server is currently banned! Reason: Spoofing data info.
Server will be unbanned after 04/05/2015.

There are no online trainers, no abusable "no-logout" zones, and no intentional spoofing of any kind.
Care to explain why the server was banned? Sent an email as well.

You will have alot of trouble with Xinn, He will not unban the server, because he is afraid that you are going steal all players from he's server, Hexana & Ambera!

Xinn the jealous guy

Someone payed to the owner of otservlist because this server in the beta will gain more players than shadowscore and all those shits servers that are added in otservlist. ... good luck man i wish the best for this super server

Someone payed to the owner of otservlist because this server in the beta will gain more players than shadowscore and all those shits servers that are added in otservlist. ... good luck man i wish the best for this super server
Thats true, He also want money for it, If you dont pay ??? amount of money they will start attacking the server etc. Even banned for life in Otservlist

You will have alot of trouble with Xinn, He will not unban the server, because he is afraid that you are going steal all players from he's server, Hexana & Ambera!

Xinn the jealous guy
Thats true, He also want money for it, If you dont pay ??? amount of money they will start attacking the server etc. Even banned for life in Otservlist

These posts belong in the Twifysoft section, they are way too stupid to be somewhere else. No, but really - you guys have no idea why the server is banned and yet you are throwing out accusations like twelve year old kids at Xinn?

I've never heard of Xinn pre-banning servers, and when/if a server gets banned for a non-valid reason he usually removes the ban quite fast.

No seriously!

I hosted an OT back in the days, Arachnas.com for people who reconize it? I got banned for spoofing exacly same reason the OX server has been banned for. The server was growing alot, We had around 400 players daily. I got an e-mail, I remember this like it was today, It said you need to pay 200€ or we will attack the server & your server will be permanantly banned if you not paying the money & didnt pay him 200€ , Then they started to attack my server, I lost alot of players my 400 players in an week!
True Story..

No seriously!

I hosted an OT back in the days, Arachnas.com for people who reconize it? I got banned for spoofing exacly same reason the OX server has been banned for. The server was growing alot, We had around 400 players daily. I got an e-mail, I remember this like it was today, It said you need to pay 200€ or we will attack the server & your server will be permanantly banned if you not paying the money & didnt pay him 200€ , Then they started to attack my server, I lost alot of players my 400 players in an week!
True Story..
Intresting Jason. I am waiting impatiently for more tales about bans, conspiracies etc.. :D

He banned once my server only because of the name so you never know what could happen. In english it would be smoething like f*ckedup.com

These posts belong in the Twifysoft section, they are way too stupid to be somewhere else. No, but really - you guys have no idea why the server is banned and yet you are throwing out accusations like twelve year old kids at Xinn?

I've never heard of Xinn pre-banning servers, and when/if a server gets banned for a non-valid reason he usually removes the ban quite fast.

You've never heard of xinn doing shitty stuff? Even ALL of marks servers has had a lot of troubles with otservlist.
Just a quick search: https://otland.net/threads/otservlist-org-block-being-removed-by-otfans-net.31543/ There's a quick drama thread about otservlist banning tala's servers

The appropriate link to follow if anyone thinks they were banned unfairly.

According to Xinn, the only one that really knows exactly how his own website works, servers are banned both automatically and manually.
If your server has been banned automatically and you send him an e-mail stating your case, he will review the banishment manually and respond if the website made a mistake.

Red

and OX is dead so this thread is pointless unless any other server gets banned again xD

There is no such thing as "pre-banning". Yes, the server was automatically banned after it was added to the list. The reason was simply - huge number of players in short period of time on the server without any history added from the account without any server history. This is one of our prevention tool which helps us fighting with random spoofing servers appearing on the top of the server list.
Without that, the list would look like a garbage with numerous fake servers appearing and getting banned after several hours. We don't really want that, do we?

Of course it has some cons like in this situation where legitimate server was automatically banned, however such situation happens to circa 1% of banned servers and it's easy solvable by just writing the email to me. @Syntax wasn't so nice to continue the topic, however he has sent me an email on Saturday in the middle of the night and I answered him the same day with explanation why the server was automatically banned and of course I've unbanned his server. People who aren't new when it comes to hosting the servers simply asks to put their server to the whitelist (if they start with a new server brand) or simply adds the server earlier to the list. If the server isn't new (for example - someone making another edition of the server) - prevention mechanism will simply ignore such server.

LuckyM said:

LuckyM said:
True Story..

@LuckyM. "True Story". Let me check the historical data for your server (oh yea, we got them!), arachnas.com (78.46.74.58).
The server was banned on 11/09/2011 16:01. Here are the historical data for it:
http://ctrlv.it//id/731/2594076072

And a graph:
http://s27.postimg.org/xscdhbqn7/screenshot_352.png (wow, he even lied about 400 daily players.. or maybe he didn't mean concurrent players)

Yepp, looks like you were spoofing and the banishment was correct since the graph doesn't look like a sinusoid (and it should, because you know, people tend to sleep and the number of players on the nights are way lower than on afternoons). Also it looks like you were spoofing on your previous servers:
demolia.net, mystana.net and serlixa.com. Lets see the graphs:
http://s27.postimg.org/vp1y9nqub/screenshot_354.png (yepp spoof, look on the 11/11 to 19/11, approx 100-150 fake players or players on non-logout zones)
http://s27.postimg.org/ozvetn5ib/screenshot_355.png (same thing)
http://s27.postimg.org/jpqg2cl9f/screenshot_356.png (wow your players really haven't slept back in the days right?)

> It said you need to pay 200€ or we will attack the server & your server will be permanantly banned
Yepp. You are just another kid spreading rumours because you were cheating and you got caught and banned. I hope you saved that email because when people accuse me or spreads the rumours that I asked someone to pay me to unban his server or accuse me of ddossing I'm always ready for a confontation so please, put it on the otland or simply show it to someone neutral over Team Viewer :) Oh and one more thing, since I don't like kids like you I hope that you already know that you will not be welcome on the otservlist with your new project after such lies.

@Ahilphino:
I don't remember the whole story but I guess we both have done something wrong. However, we worked it out and his server returned to the server list, and ots-list section was replaced with otservlist on otland. Oh, and no, we weren't banning servers because they were TFS like someone stated in that topic.

@Dubler:
It could happen since we also have "server name" filters (and dozen other filters which we can put to prevent spoofers). However, all you have to do in such situation is just contact me.

There is no such thing as "pre-banning". Yes, the server was automatically banned after it was added to the list. The reason was simply - huge number of players in short period of time on the server without any history added from the account without any server history. This is one of our prevention tool which helps us fighting with random spoofing servers appearing on the top of the server list.
Without that, the list would look like a garbage with numerous fake servers appearing and getting banned after several hours. We don't really want that, do we?

Of course it has some cons like in this situation where legitimate server was automatically banned, however such situation happens to circa 1% of banned servers and it's easy solvable by just writing the email to me. @Syntax wasn't so nice to continue the topic, however he has sent me an email on Saturday in the middle of the night and I answered him the same day with explanation why the server was automatically banned and of course I've unbanned his server. People who aren't new when it comes to hosting the servers simply asks to put their server to the whitelist (if they start with a new server brand) or simply adds the server earlier to the list. If the server isn't new (for example - someone making another edition of the server) - prevention mechanism will simply ignore such server.

@LuckyM. "True Story". Let me check the historical data for your server (oh yea, we got them!), arachnas.com (78.46.74.58).
The server was banned on 11/09/2011 16:01. Here are the historical data for it:
http://ctrlv.it//id/731/2594076072

And a graph:
http://s27.postimg.org/xscdhbqn7/screenshot_352.png (wow, he even lied about 400 daily players.. or maybe he didn't mean concurrent players)

Yepp, looks like you were spoofing and the banishment was correct since the graph doesn't look like a sinusoid (and it should, because you know, people tend to sleep and the number of players on the nights are way lower than on afternoons). Also it looks like you were spoofing on your previous servers:
demolia.net, mystana.net and serlixa.com. Lets see the graphs:
http://s27.postimg.org/vp1y9nqub/screenshot_354.png (yepp spoof, look on the 11/11 to 19/11, approx 100-150 fake players or players on non-logout zones)
http://s27.postimg.org/ozvetn5ib/screenshot_355.png (same thing)
http://s27.postimg.org/jpqg2cl9f/screenshot_356.png (wow your players really haven't slept back in the days right?)

> It said you need to pay 200€ or we will attack the server & your server will be permanantly banned
Yepp. You are just another kid spreading rumours because you were cheating and you got caught and banned. I hope you saved that email because when people accuse me or spreads the rumours that I asked someone to pay me to unban his server or accuse me of ddossing I'm always ready for a confontation so please, put it on the otland or simply show it to someone neutral over Team Viewer :) Oh and one more thing, since I don't like kids like you I hope that you already know that you will not be welcome on the otservlist with your new project after such lies.

@Ahilphino:
I don't remember the whole story but I guess we both have done something wrong. However, we worked it out and his server returned to the server list, and ots-list section was replaced with otservlist on otland. Oh, and no, we weren't banning servers because they were TFS like someone stated in that topic.

@Dubler:
It could happen since we also have "server name" filters (and dozen other filters which we can put to prevent spoofers). However, all you have to do in such situation is just contact me.

The graph is an lie, I have alot members from otland that know that arachnas.com reached 450 players. So stop being an asshole...
You have posted some links with graph from mystana & demolia? I've never hosted servers with that names, It was an friend of mine who hosted it, Another fail...
When arachnas got 400+ players, You started ddos my server because we past ambera.net your server & you guys didn't stop until the players left the server.

- About my project!
Its okej you can ban my server from otservlist.org, my ip will be "realmofera.com". We already know that you pre-ban servers, We have the truth right here on this thread.

Whos the kid now
@xinn ??

Regards,
LuckyM

You have posted some links with graph from mystana & demolia? I've never hosted servers with that names, It was an friend of mine who hosted it, Another fail...
All 4 domains were added under that one account. Still It doesn't change the fact that you spoofed on the mentioned server - Arachnas~. The problem with you is that you have just empty words and when asked to show actual proof you just have nothing. There is really no point in talking to you unless you prove your words. I sincerely ask you to show the mentioned email and show to the whole otland community how I ddossed your server.

> Its okej you can ban my server from otservlist.org, my ip will be "realmofera.com". We already know that you pre-ban servers, We have the truth right here on this thread.
Sure, I will do that. Why would I advertise a server of someone who spreads rumours about me only because his server got banned because of breaking our rules...

We already know that you pre-ban servers

What servers? From spoofers like you? Sure thing then! :)

All 4 domains were added under that one account. Still It doesn't change the fact that you spoofed on the mentioned server - Arachnas~. The problem with you is that you have just empty words and when asked to show actual proof you just have nothing. There is really no point in talking to you unless you prove your words. I sincerely ask you to show the mentioned email and show to the whole otland community how I ddossed your server.

> Its okej you can ban my server from otservlist.org, my ip will be "realmofera.com". We already know that you pre-ban servers, We have the truth right here on this thread.
Sure, I will do that. Why would I advertise a server of someone who spreads rumours about me only because his server got banned because of breaking our rules...

What servers? From spoofers like you? Sure thing then! :)

You'r wrong, Domains are not mine, I'll look for the email you send me from otservlist.org and see if find it & will upload it here on otland so people can see your email you send to me.

I've never spoof before have always used 15 minutes kick idle & never used no-logout zone, I like active players, no training players, like hexana.net & old ambera.net servers...

Regards,
LuckyM

HAHAHAHAHA thank you for pointing that out @Ahilphino! Now we have a "neutral evidence". I looked on his other topics regarding arachnas.com. Check this out (from september 2011):
https://otland.net/threads/germany-...a-oken-high-staged-pvp-e.139588/#post-1344482

Don't think its so much spoofing as there is no afk time limit... and over powered player's, along with corrupt gm's, and edited player's..

And that's exactly why he was banned. Noone is allowed to count xlogged characters in the status protocol and that's exactly what a graph which I posted have shown. And just for the lulz:

LuckyM said:
I've never spoof before have always used 15 minutes kick idle & never used no-logout zone, I like active players, no training players (...)

Eh, why would anyone think that @xinn would ban someones server from otservlist without proper reason?
Automatic ban is different, but it can be easily solved.

Just think about it, hes making good money with otservlist, has certain reputation to maintain, hes making money from having your server on the site.
Why would he do something like that?

Thanks for the tag, like @xinn said, I sent an email (almost exact copy of this thread post) the same time I created the thread.
It was resolved the following day. This can probably be closed since it's getting off-topic :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back