• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Premier League thread

Macgregor

Executive director
Reaction score
A thread about the Barclays Premier League. Feel free to discuss anything regarding BPL.

My first topic. What are your thoughts about Arsenal? I think they're going down the gutter. I also think that this season Liverpool will end in a top four position

First of all, Arsenal is gone. There's three teams who will compete for the title. It's Manchester United <3, Manchester City and Chelsea. Manchester United is probably the favourite again this year. They have a huge squad, and replacers on every position. City, they're also there, but they don't got the winning history tho. And Chelsea, new manager, not playing that well... I don't know, everything can happen in PL. And Liverpool, they've grown alot the past 2 years. The best signing this decade is Suarez. This will be a great season! :)

City look good, United seriously lack centre mid, they need to sign Wesley/Nasri imo, even though City will get Nasri, Chelsea are poor at the moment but I think they will get going, Liverpool look good but lack pace when Suarez isnt playing and Arsenal have no chance of top 4 this year.

I think it will finish United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, with Rooney or Suarez as top goal scorer.

Does anyone else feel concerned about Carrolls £35 million price tag. Imo he just looks heavy and slow, I hope I'm wrong.

he looks as mobile as a block of cement, i havent seen much of him, but i think 35 mil was way over priced

how can u used to support someone? :p they look good this year, just need some nippy wingers imo

I am an EPL fan from abroad, however, I like the MLS more because it's local.
A lot of American soccer fans are actually rooting for Liverpool primarily because they know who the owner is.
The owner of Liverpool is the same owner that owns the MLB team, Boston Red Sox.
The owner has a very good resume of buying teams and then turning them around, this is why the Boston Red Sox won their first world series in 86 years back in 2004, then winning it again in 2007.
Hopefully they do the same for Liverpool!

He is big and slow, but his the best player on the head in PL. Downing and Carrol is a perfect combination.

@Crunch: First of all, centre mid in United is good. Have you seen the latest matches? Anderson and Cleverley! Hopefully Sneijder will sign aswell... Btw, Nasri will not move this season, so bye bye to that.

Man Utd can cover the premier league, they will struggle at the sharp end of the champions league with there current mid field. They had a nice run of games last season to get to the final, this year they may not get so lucky. I think what he is doing with the youngsters is fantastic, and I think there all really good players, but if you pitch Anderson, Cleverly, Carrick against some of europes mid field they fall short. I can't help but feel someone like Wesley would really take the team to a Barcelona challenging level..

I watch every Man Utd game, and most of the other games that are on sky if I don't have anything else better to do, and yes Cleverly and Anderson played very good last night, but my opinion above still applies xd

As for Nasri, I thought it was pretty set in stone he was going, I'd rather see him stay as Arsenal, since Man City don't need him and I don't really want to see Arsenal flop too badly

And how awesome did Phil Jones look last night?! :eek:

Man Utd can cover the premier league, they will struggle at the sharp end of the champions league with there current mid field. They had a nice run of games last season to get to the final, this year they may not get so lucky. I think what he is doing with the youngsters is fantastic, and I think there all really good players, but if you pitch Anderson, Cleverly, Carrick against some of europes mid field they fall short. I can't help but feel someone like Wesley would really take the team to a Barcelona challenging level..

I watch every Man Utd game, and most of the other games that are on sky if I don't have anything else better to do, and yes Cleverly and Anderson played very good last night, but my opinion above still applies xd

As for Nasri, I thought it was pretty set in stone he was going, I'd rather see him stay as Arsenal, since Man City don't need him and I don't really want to see Arsenal flop too badly

And how awesome did Phil Jones look last night?! :eek:

What's better than watching the Premier league? About Wesley, I don't think he'll fit into the English way of playing, he's too weak. Robben couldn't make it, VdV is injured a lot. I think that they should go for Luka Modric instead, although he's going to Chelsea. And Nasri is going to Man City, it's official now.

Well I have other shit to do over a weekend and I watch other sport, formula 1, cricket and rugby so for most weekends I'll just watch MOTD unless its a game I really fell like watching, ie Arsenal and Liverpool! I don't think Wesley would be too weak here, he won't be any Paul Scholes but I think he will be what they need. Plus they have had a Dutch player in there team for like 14 years now or something (when ever Jaap Stam started) and each one of them has done awesome.. Not to be supersticious or anything haha

Well I have other shit to do over a weekend and I watch other sport, formula 1, cricket and rugby so for most weekends I'll just watch MOTD unless its a game I really fell like watching, ie Arsenal and Liverpool! I don't think Wesley would be too weak here, he won't be any Paul Scholes but I think he will be what they need. Plus they have had a Dutch player in there team for like 14 years now or something (when ever Jaap Stam started) and each one of them has done awesome.. Not to be supersticious or anything haha

The problem isn't the fact that he's Dutch, it's the fact that his injured a lot and always has been and he won't be tackled less harsh in PL. I know there are several Dutch who manage just fine in the PL so again, the problem isn't his nationality.

lol i know nationality has nothing to do with it it was a joke really since man utd have had good dutch people

will suarez start for liverpool this weekend do you think? I saw he started against exeter tonight

i think that adam is good player :) but suarez is best <3

yy Manchester United 8:2 Arsenal!!!!!!! :) Glory Glory Man UNITED! Szczesny will now sit quietly :d

Back