• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling The Ruby Server

Kabo Flow

Reaction score
Twitch
KaboFlow18
hello I have been trying to compile the Ruby Server for weeks
It's a poketibia but with the tutorials I just can't compile it already gave me a headache and then seeing that in any forum they help you I'm not asking for much, a person who knows about visual studio has to see and can help me with that since I want to edit it and post it in the forum so that more people can enjoy it. I only dedicate myself to editing .. I am a mapper and I like to map and put quests and things like that ...

well without more nor less this is the error that gives me when I want to compile something from visual not only therubyserver but any server ...

C++:
1>------ Operación Compilar iniciada: proyecto: therubyserver, configuración: Release x64 ------
1>otpch.cpp
1>C:\rubyserver\src\otpch.h(43,10): fatal error C1083: No se puede abrir el archivo incluir: 'boost/asio.hpp': No such file or directory
1>Compilación del proyecto "therubyserver.vcxproj" terminada -- ERROR.
========== Compilar: 0 correctos, 1 incorrectos, 0 actualizados, 0 omitidos ==========

this is an example;

Include the directory.

• Open the Property Manager from the View -> Other Windows menu.
  • Click on the project and navigate down to Microsoft.Cpp.x64.user.
  • Right click and select Properties.
  • Open Common Properties and select VC++ Directories
  • Add the directory where you installed boost to Include Directories
  • Add the directory where you builtboost libraries to Library Directories

Last edited:
this is an example;

Include the directory.

• Open the Property Manager from the View -> Other Windows menu.
  • Click on the project and navigate down to Microsoft.Cpp.x64.user.
  • Right click and select Properties.
  • Open Common Properties and select VC++ Directories
  • Add the directory where you installed boost to Include Directories
  • Add the directory where you builtboost libraries to Library Directories

I do not understand anything sorry but where is that pixel? Would you have how to put me with photos? to understand the error well and what do I have to do to solve it?

View attachment 56230

Add the path to your boost directory in the first field.
thanks now it gives me different errors

1>c:\users\kabos\desktop\projectos poketibia\projecto ruby\the ruby server pxm\the ruby server (64 bits) + dlls\rubyserver-master\src\database.h(26): fatal error C1083: No se puede abrir el archivo incluir: 'mysql/mysql.h': No such file or directory (compilando archivo de origen ..\src\pokeballs.cpp)
1>c:\users\kabos\desktop\projectos poketibia\projecto ruby\the ruby server pxm\the ruby server (64 bits) + dlls\rubyserver-master\src\database.h(26): fatal error C1083: No se puede abrir el archivo incluir: 'mysql/mysql.h': No such file or directory (compilando archivo de origen ..\src\waitlist.cpp)
========== Compilar: 0 correctos, 1 incorrectos, 0 actualizados, 0 omitidos ==========

1>C:\local\boost_1_57_0\boost\iostreams\positioning.hpp(96,15): warning C4996: 'std::fpos<_Mbstatet>::seekpos': warning STL4019: The member std::fpos::seekpos() is non-Standard, and is preserved only for compatibility with workarounds for old versions of Visual C++. It will be removed in a future release, and in this release always returns 0. Please use standards-conforming mechanisms to manipulate fpos, such as conversions to and from streamoff, or an integral type, instead. If you are receiving this message while compiling Boost.IOStreams, a fix has been submitted upstream to make Boost use standards-conforming mechanisms, as it does for other compilers. You can define _SILENCE_FPOS_SEEKPOS_DEPRECATION_WARNING to acknowledge that you have received this warning, or define _REMOVE_FPOS_SEEKPOS to remove std::fpos::seekpos entirely. (compilando archivo de origen ..\src\tile.cpp)
1>C:\Users\Kabos\Desktop\Projectos PokeTibia\Projecto Ruby\The Ruby Server PXM\The Ruby Server (64 bits) + DLLs\rubyserver-master\src\luascript.h(24,10): fatal error C1083: No se puede abrir el archivo incluir: 'lua.hpp': No such file or directory (compilando archivo de origen ..\src\tile.cpp)
1>C:\local\boost_1_57_0\boost\iostreams\positioning.hpp(96,15): warning C4996: 'std::fpos<_Mbstatet>::seekpos': warning STL4019: The member std::fpos::seekpos() is non-Standard, and is preserved only for compatibility with workarounds for old versions of Visual C++. It will be removed in a future release, and in this release always returns 0. Please use standards-conforming mechanisms to manipulate fpos, such as conversions to and from streamoff, or an integral type, instead. If you are receiving this message while compiling Boost.IOStreams, a fix has been submitted upstream to make Boost use standards-conforming mechanisms, as it does for other compilers. You can define _SILENCE_FPOS_SEEKPOS_DEPRECATION_WARNING to acknowledge that you have received this warning, or define _REMOVE_FPOS_SEEKPOS to remove std::fpos::seekpos entirely. (compilando archivo de origen ..\src\trashholder.cpp)
1>C:\Users\Kabos\Desktop\Projectos PokeTibia\Projecto Ruby\The Ruby Server PXM\The Ruby Server (64 bits) + DLLs\rubyserver-master\src\luascript.h(24,10): fatal error C1083: No se puede abrir el archivo incluir: 'lua.hpp': No such file or directory (compilando archivo de origen ..\src\trashholder.cpp)
1>C:\local\boost_1_57_0\boost\iostreams\positioning.hpp(96,15): warning C4996: 'std::fpos<_Mbstatet>::seekpos': warning STL4019: The member std::fpos::seekpos() is non-Standard, and is preserved only for compatibility with workarounds for old versions of Visual C++. It will be removed in a future release, and in this release always returns 0. Please use standards-conforming mechanisms to manipulate fpos, such as conversions to and from streamoff, or an integral type, instead. If you are receiving this message while compiling Boost.IOStreams, a fix has been submitted upstream to make Boost use standards-conforming mechanisms, as it does for other compilers. You can define _SILENCE_FPOS_SEEKPOS_DEPRECATION_WARNING to acknowledge that you have received this warning, or define _REMOVE_FPOS_SEEKPOS to remove std::fpos::seekpos entirely. (compilando archivo de origen ..\src\pokeballs.cpp)
1>C:\Users\Kabos\Desktop\Projectos PokeTibia\Projecto Ruby\The Ruby Server PXM\The Ruby Server (64 bits) + DLLs\rubyserver-master\src\luascript.h(24,10): fatal error C1083: No se puede abrir el archivo incluir: 'lua.hpp': No such file or directory (compilando archivo de origen ..\src\pokeballs.cpp)
1>C:\local\boost_1_57_0\boost\iostreams\positioning.hpp(96,15): warning C4996: 'std::fpos<_Mbstatet>::seekpos': warning STL4019: The member std::fpos::seekpos() is non-Standard, and is preserved only for compatibility with workarounds for old versions of Visual C++. It will be removed in a future release, and in this release always returns 0. Please use standards-conforming mechanisms to manipulate fpos, such as conversions to and from streamoff, or an integral type, instead. If you are receiving this message while compiling Boost.IOStreams, a fix has been submitted upstream to make Boost use standards-conforming mechanisms, as it does for other compilers. You can define _SILENCE_FPOS_SEEKPOS_DEPRECATION_WARNING to acknowledge that you have received this warning, or define _REMOVE_FPOS_SEEKPOS to remove std::fpos::seekpos entirely. (compilando archivo de origen ..\src\waitlist.cpp)
1>C:\Users\Kabos\Desktop\Projectos PokeTibia\Projecto Ruby\The Ruby Server PXM\The Ruby Server (64 bits) + DLLs\rubyserver-master\src\luascript.h(24,10): fatal error C1083: No se puede abrir el archivo incluir: 'lua.hpp': No such file or directory (compilando archivo de origen ..\src\waitlist.cpp)

Switch boost versions.

if you see that in the tutorial the boost 1.6 comes out

I'm going to see if the 1.6 pulls
Post automatically merged:

duda.png

eeasdasd.png

the error now comes from the database.h

Last edited:
Inside database.h

Change
#include <mysql.h>

To
#include <mysql/mysql.h>

I already had that
#include <mysql/mysql.h>

I changed it to this
#include <mysql.h>

gave me this error now

1>C:\Users\Kabos\Desktop\The Ruby Server (64 bits) + DLLs\rubyserver-master\src\database.cpp(26,10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'mysql/errmsg.h': No such file or directory

Back