• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Start of Something New~ (UPDATED 05/01/13)

Thanks! Yeah I have no clue how old it is, I literally just made it out of my head, didn't look at anything with the same illusion. Glad I made it work!

Love the first one, I really like the new look.

Don't really like the road, but mountain's preety neat, although it needs at least a little more detailing imo. Keep it up :)

@no1, of course it does! It's not done, as I already said. I was just showing what I had done so far~
And thanks Loney and abbe!

Erm, I meant the dirt... doesn't rly look good when mixing those two types of it. I wasn't paying attention and didn't notice the rocky road, sry xP

Besides the illusion, I really like maps like this, looks fun to play on.

What about the illusion don't you like? it is playable, and I thought I did it correctly! please tell me what you think could make it better?

I ment, I don't just like it because of the illusion, but the whole design you made with the road like this, the street lamps, the fences, the trees, etc.

OOohhhhh.....oops.
Okay! Thank you then xD

Will update later tonight with the finished result :)

- - - Updated - - -

Alright!!! And here is the final. And after actually looking at it...I'm not as happy with it as I was while I was making it. Thought I had a better sense of direction with what I wanted but I definitely feel like its just too messy. While that's what I wanted, a messy like forest area with a "civilized" path going through it, I think I'm gunna rework it later in the future. But here it is anyways! Now I go to bed.

quietpathfinal.png

Last edited:
Looks nice with trees and stuff, though for the big trees I think you should have some variety in them :)
Keep it up though

I'd have to say with time, sooner or later, you could become a great mapper. It looks good, a few things I would've personally changed but that's my opinion and they don't need to be changed.

Go map more and become someone great on this community. -Dark

:D! Thanks so much, Dark!! That seriously made mapping that all worth it :p
But yeah, I agree with things needing change, as I said I would eventually. Never really messed with nature that way, or nature in general actually. I'm just trying (too) hard, taking me sweet (long ass) time. I'm slow, but hopefully I'll learn that way and then learn to be faster. Thank you!!

A bit to spammed on some places imo, but still, it's really enjoyable to look at, it's almost like a painting.

Yup, that's what I kinda feel too. I guess I just went off like crazy without realizing how crowded it was. >__>
Thank you though!!

Back